Friday, July 16, 2010

Verve July Project Parade: My Hero


Verve kicked off a new Project Parade this past Monday, and today is my turn! Our theme this month is My Hero. That can be anyone -- a person serving his or her country, a family member, friend, public figure, etc. My project is a scrapbook page tribute to my deceased paternal grandfather, who served in the United States Army for fourteen years. Head over to the Verve blog for more about my project and the man who inspired it!


As with all Project Parades, play along with our theme and/or leave comments on each Project Parade post for chances to win. Full details are posted on the Verve blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

10 comments:

dolcreations said...

Amy this is awesome. I just had to stop and stare at the screen for a moment to take it all in! I love coming to your blog...it just fills me with inspiration!

Oliwiaen said...

This is so valuable - in an artistic and emotional way! I love your LOs, please make them more often :-))

Katy said...

Oh, Amy....I actually saw this first over at Verve's blog and before even reading your name in tiny print KNEW IT WAS YOU!!!! You have a style that I'm so drawn to and LOVE!!! You need to create an "I LOVE AMY (or Pickled Paper Designs)" button for my blog...lol

Cindy Haffner said...

I'm in LOVE with this Amy!!

Earline said...

Love your card the banner look is pretty neat love your style.

Debbie Olson said...

Amy, I adore this--you're fabulous!

Jessica said...

Amy, this is just beautiful and I love every detail that you put into it! That banner alone makes me drool! You have a gift- no doubt about it!

Erin Smetak said...

I'm not trying to win anything, I just had to comment because your scrapbook page is absolutely fantastic! Your Grandfather would be SO proud of you for commemmorating his service this way! Absolutely outstanding!
My father's in the military, and I know that I could never do something this awesome for him.
Do you teach classes? ;)

Have a blast at the beach!!!!

Lori Craig said...

This is beautiful, Amy - I love it. Hugs!

dpkennedy said...

Oh Amy, I just love this! What a beautiful page and tribute to your grandfather. I'm afraid that I must case this!