Tuesday, July 13, 2010

JustRite Week - Day Two!



It's Christmas in July! All week long, the Stamper's Dream Team is showcasing the very latest JustRite holiday stamp sets. Here's the schedule for the week:

Monday: Leslie, Christina, Michelle
Tuesday: Leslie, Michelle, me
Wednesday: Karen, Denise, me
Thursday: Denise, Laurie, Michelle
Friday: Christina, Laurie, Karen

I couldn't wait to work with Holiday Cheer. Such an abundance and variety of images! For my first project I created a fun card using the "Dear Santa, I can explain" sentiment. I faked a notebook page with Basic Grey's basics line and a spiral notebook punch. I even included a miniature pencil to the card front so the recipient can get started right away (extra pages optional {grin}). The rest of the patterned papers are from the Mistletoe collection by Making Memories. One of the patterns in that collection features the lyrics to "Let it Snow," which inspired me to create my own custom version using lyrics from "Santa Claus is Coming To Town." I used JustRite's Times Roman Lowercase Font collection for my lyrics.

As I mentioned above, the variety in this set is incredible! For my next card, I went with something much more traditional.





I started by stamping and embossing a white snowflake onto Prismatics Island Mist Medium card stock and a light aqua "Let It Snow" border on white (hard to see in the photo - sorry). Backing the stamped border and center are an accordian fold rosette and a glittery chipboard snowflake. The patterned papers are from a Memory Box 6x6 paper collection - Spearmint, maybe? For accents - some white crochet trim, satin ribbon, silver metallic string, and some die-cut and punched borders.

These are just two of ten border/center pairs in Holiday Cheer! I'm looking forward to lots of fun projects with this set!



"Dear Santa" card:
Stamps: Holiday Cheer, Times Roman Lowercase Font set (JustRite)
Paper: Stampin' Up Cranberry Crisp, Making Memories Mistletoe collection, Basic Grey basics collection (can't remember if I used white or manilla), Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink: VersaMark, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: 5/8" natural lightweight twill, pencil, My Favorite Things cork and jumbo ricrac Die-namics die, staples, clear embossing powder, corner rounder, embossing folder, spiral punch, mini library clip
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"


Let It Snow card:
Stamps: Holiday Cheer (JustRite)
Paper: Prismatics Island Mist, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Memory Box Spearmint (?)
Ink: Papertrey Aqua Mist, VersaMark
Accessories: white embossing powder, circle punches and dies, Scor-Pal, Bazzill chipboard snowflake, clear ultrafine glitter, My Favorite Things scallop die, Martha Stewart Optic Dots punch, white crochet trim, white satin ribbon, silver metallic string
Size: 5" square

18 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Both are fabulous, Amy! Love how the first one is so FUN! The second card is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

OMGosh...I hardly know where to start! Your naughty card is so very creative! Awesome details with the pencil, the clip, and that gorgeous ric rac!

Your snowflake card is beautimous! :D You know I love elegant, and this one definitely fills the bill! Awesome job, my friend!

Earline said...

Both of these cards are just fabulous.

UHK Gallery said...

AMAZING!!!!!! Like always, of course.
You are so talented. I love your works!

Hugs!
UHK

Fiona said...

I really love that snowflake card, it's stunning!

(Just a FYI: that isn't crochet, it's handmade bobbin lace. I taught bobbin lacemaking for 20 years.....)

Steph Ackerman said...

Both cards are stunning.

Judy Rozema said...

I am always in heaven when I come to your blog and see what you have made. These are both AMAZING AWESOME!

Marge said...

Your first card is sooo FUN & your second is just luscious!!! TFS!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I knew you'd be out of the ballpark CUTE with this set, Amy! What you can do with those itty bitty stamps -- amazing! Your second card is as beautiful as the first one is clever. Love them both!

Christina Fischer said...

Oh my goodness -- both of these cards are beyond fabulous! LOVE the notebook theme of your first card, and that snowflake card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Oliwiaen said...

Oooooh, so nice to get cooled down a bit in this blazing hot weather :-))
I love both the humorous and the traditional card!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Amy! These are fabulous--I love your work!

Allison said...

Fabulous cards! The first is so fun and cute and the second is simply beautiful!

Unknown said...

These are both fabulous, Amy!!

Yogi said...

they're both wonderful cards. Love the scallops in the 2nd one.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Amy!!!! Two very different, yet both totally gorgeous cards!!! Love them both!!!! :)

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

LOL I nearly fell off my chair when I read the 'I can explain'...that is HYSTERICAL and something I'd say...in a heartbeat. :) GORGEOUS cards Amy :)

Denise Marzec said...

The *Santa I can Explain* card is SOOOOO clever...LOVE all the fun elements.

The second card is totally GORGEOUS! Love that soft island mist color and the sparkly snowflake!