Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dare to Get Dirty 2010



It's Dare to Get Dirty Week at Splitcoaststampers!  If you're a Fan Club Member, this is your chance to play along with Dirty Girls, past and present, in a ton of fun challenges beginning today and continuing daily through Friday, July 23. If you're not a Fan Club Member, this is the perfect time to become one! You can get all the info HERE.

There will be thirty-three challenges to choose from. Play one, play some, or play them all - whatever fits your schedule. You can combine challenges, too! Each day's challenges will be posted at 8 am EST - what better way to get your day started than with SCS?!

I made today's card as a sample for Kim Teasdale's challenge. Fan Club Members can read all about it right HERE! The stamps are from Verve's new Blue Skies set. The papers are from Crate Paper's Citrus line. The butterfly has been stamped twice, once onto the gold paper and once onto white card stock. The second one is colored with Copics (YR31, YR14, and YR18), trimmed out, glittered, and popped up over the first for some dimension. The cork layer was cut with MFT's Jumbo Scallops Die-namics die. Buttons are from Making Memories, wide ric rac is from May Arts, and the leaf trinket pins are from Maya Road. The various layers are sponged and stitched (with my machine this time, too.)

Thanks so much for stopping by! My family and I are heading out this morning for our annual beach vacation. I won't have much, if anything, to share in the week to come, but I'm taking my laptop along so I can catch up on my email and favorite blogs and pop in to the Dare To Get Dirty threads over at SCS! Hope to see you there!!


10 comments:

The Design Team said...

WOW! You are just amazing! I love your beautiful cards and this one is just gorgeous!!

SueB said...

sigh ... when I grow up I'd like to make cards like you do ... this is GORGEOUS - TFS! Have a t'riffic vacation!

Anonymous said...

OOO, love this one!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh wow, this is STUNNING! I would LOVE to stamp with you for just ONE day to see how you decide on putting together embellishments and papers-they always come out SO amazing!

Lynne Phelps said...

I love all the layers and textures! That Jumbo ric-rac and grosgrain texture are moving up on my wishlist! Your sense of color and talent with layers is just amazing. I just received this set in the mail, so thanks for the inspiration to get it inky! :-)

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, love these colors! That is one gorgeous butterfly too! I been away too long...time for some eye candy!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my it is AWESOME!! Love absolutely everything about it, just perfect.
Hope you enjoy a wonderful time away with family!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy!!

mE said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it! YOu always inspire me!

Inky Smiles!
Erin

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning !!!

Anke