Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome Little Baby



I am seriously having way too much fun with the papers from My Mind's Eye Bloom and Grow "Grow" collection (that's a mouthful, huh?). Today's card uses an image and sentiment from Children of God by Our Daily Bread Designs. I stamped the image of Jesus with the children (the full image shows a full-length Jesus and also has a young child standing to Jesus's right) in Versafine Onyx Black, clear embossed, and then cut out just the part of the image with Jesus holding the baby. Coloring is done with Copic markers.

All the ivory parts are cut with Spellbinders dies (circle Nestabilities, Labels 4 Nestabilities, and Double Ended Tags) and sponged with Old Paper Distress Ink for an aged look. I popped up the circles for some dimension. The beautiful ribbon is my latest addiction - Papertrey's Aqua Mist satin ribbon. Scrumptious! I colored white brads with a Copic marker to get the aqua color. The die-cut orange border along the bottom was done with the Fancy Scalloped Border Piercabilities, also by Spellbinders.

Hope you're having an awesome week so far!



Stamps: Children of God (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Papertrey Aqua Mist and Vintage Cream, Prismatics Desert Coral Medium, My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow "Grow" dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Old Paper Distress
Accessories: clear embossing powder; Copic markers; Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities, Labels 4 Nestabilities, Fancy Scalloped Border Piercabilities and Double-Ended Tags; paper piercer; sewing machine; white brads; Papertrey Aqua Mist Luxe Satin Ribbon

20 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome!

Dawn B. said...

Amy this is beautiful. I love the way you layered all the nesties. Such pretty colors. Super job.

June Houck said...

Very pretty. I am amazed at how you pull papers together with images I would never dream of putting together to make incredible cards. That "old paper distress" ink is perfect for this...I must buy that :) The double Nestie circle on the large label Nestie (white on white on white) is very striking. Well done!!!

Gretchen said...

I just love how you use your nestabilities as background layers! That is so cool- another technique to add to all of the great ideas I get from you! Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

Great card, love the colors...

Cori said...

You know I'm not religious, but I LOVE that stamp. Very moving...I think it would work with a condolensce card for someone who miscarried too. Maybe.

kadie said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

CraftyC said...

A stunning card Amy and those papers are beautiful!
Clairex

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is gorgeous Amy!! LOVE your framing and that fabulous dp!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Those layered Nesties are perfect! Love the DP...beautiful card, Amy!

~Lori Roop said...

This is so sweet Amy! I love the way you show cased the image!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Amy this is GORGEOUS!! Love the way you cased the image and the colors are awesome!! You rock girl!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!! and fantastically GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Kelley said...

LOL!! You missed one link..the Coral paper!! Ha ha!! The card is so incredibly darling!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Amy this is so beautiful! Love the colours you've used and all the spellbinders dies and all the details.....perfect as always!

Anonymous said...

I am just struck by how much I like that image cropped like that. The whole layout is beautiful and balanced. I'm not generally fond of Aqua, but this is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for your beautiful inspiration. God bless you. Elizabeth S. in mid-Michigan.

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is wonderful! Your colour choices are beautiful and the framing is fantastic! That ribbon is SCRUMPTIOUS for sure!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just gorgeous, Amy! Love the way you've framed out this beautiful image! Hope all is well, my friend! :)

Helen Dooley said...

Really nice card. THis is perfect for baby.

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, just love the colors, neat framing and piercing!