Wednesday, April 1, 2009

MFT Superhero Blog Hop



Hi everyone! Welcome to the next stop on the My Favorite Things blog hop! Did you come here from Frances's blog? If so, you're right on track. If not, and you just happened to stop by, then I highly recommend going back to the beginning, with Kim, aka The MFT Lady. I'll see you back here in a few.

So yesterday, I promised something wild and crazy, and now I'm back to deliver. Is this loud or what? These bright colors and bold patterns are sooooo not my normal style, but I love how this card turned out! I used the new Ben Paper Dolls set, which includes the adorable Ben, plus a bunch of fun costumes for Ben to dress up in. The superhero cape was really callin' my name. See, I have an awesome 8-year-old who's been having some behavior problems for the past couple of weeks, and I want him to know that at the end of the day, no matter what, he's still my hero. I hope he likes it!

Before I send you to your next stop, I want to invite you to join MFT at its New Release Cocktail Party tonight (April 1) from 9-10 pm ET. You can win prizes, see bunches of MFTeasers of the four new sets, plus find out how YOU can become MFT's next Guest Designer! Hope to see you there!

Next stop on the hop is the fabulous and always entertaining Carole! I'm sure she has something amazing cooked up!



Stamps: Ben Paper Dolls (My Favorite Things Presents)
Paper: Bazzill Limeade, SU Basic Black, PTI white, Prima "Dude" dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: clear embossing powder, Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, and blending stumps, Scenic Route chipboard stars, SU small star punch, Platinum and Stardust Stickles, Coal and Angel Wings Shimmerz, American Crafts ribbon and white vinyl thickers, SU silver brads, foam adhesive dots
Size: 5 1/2" square

44 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh WOW, this is too fabulous!!

Carolyn King said...

you are my hero---this is fabulous girl! LOVE IT! you have some mad skills!

Christina Fischer said...

WOW!!! This is SO great -- love the colors and layout!

JessicaK said...

Fun, bright colors. And love that there's glitter worked into this "boy" card.

Heather "Hev" said...

This is awesome!!!

Amy said...

you had to know I'd be chiming in today on your fabulous, bright, amazing card. All my favorite colors! I know you did it to cheer me up:)...you should work more with these colors Amy....you do it well!

Hugs,
Amy

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is ADORABLE, Amy! LOVE those colors. . .awesome!

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a cute card!!! Love the LO and placement of the stars! The image is colored perfectly!

Danielle said...

This is awesome Amy! What a fun & funky card you made here! The colours are fantastic and the superhero boy is just fabulous! Love it!!
Hugs, Danielle

June Houck said...

Even when YOU are out of your comfort zone, your cards are magnificent! The brads on the circle, glittery stars, the ribbon placement, it is all fantastic. YOU are my stamping hero :)

Jaymerz said...

I love this card, the bright colors are fabulous!!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome Amy! I love the bold colours and the fun layout!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Deee-lightful! I love your card; it sure looks like a lot of work went into it. your coloring and blending is marvelous.

America said...

This is such a bright and happy HERO card. How FUN Amy!!!!!

Kim said...

Unbelievable Amy!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is just adorable.

Scrappy said...

Great job! I love it!

Kerry Johnson said...

I don't think it's loud - it IS gorgeous though! Love it Amy!

Niki Estes said...

This is absolutely adorable, Amy!! I love the colors!

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable Miss Amy, love him.

Alyssa S said...

This is amazing! Thanks for the inspiration! :o)

Karen B said...

It's so refreshing to see different colour schemes being used. These colours are amazing and lovely to look at. You've done a super-hero job!!
Karen

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your hero is adorable!!! Love it!! The coloring and colors are gorgeous!!
Have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Melody said...

Such a great card! I just love the paper and colors and your coloring and shading are amazing!

Angie Williams said...

This looks like a very awesome set to have! Great card!

Annie said...

Amazing card - just love it.

Ann xxx

Betty J Schaub said...

awe he's got Harry Potter's lightning bolt scar on his chest. too fun!!!

Candice said...

Oh my goodness - this is spectacular, Amy!!!

Karen Motz said...

No, YOU are my hero. This is utterly AMAZING!!!

Sarah said...

Wow - what a great card!

Lucia said...

What a great card. Love it.

Kelli Hull said...

Gotsta tell ya them kiddos so try your patience huh? BUT HOW SWEET And he WILL know you love him bunches!!!!! GREAT CARD!!!!

Allison said...

This is fabulous. Love the colours and layout.

hobbydiva said...

Fantastic card! Love the colors...just adore your work!

Tracey said...

Love this! It's fantastic!

shel9999 said...

Oh Amy! This is SO cute!! I love the big circle, the brads, the HERO, all of it!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Amy!!! This is so cool!! It may not be your normal style, but you've done an amazing job!!! Your little guy is going to love it!

Jerri Kay said...

Totally adorable Amy!

Lynn said...

Super cute card! I hope your little Hero likes the card you made for him!

Kimberly Crawford said...

AMAZING! I really need to find another adjective to use for your work!!! :)
Where do you come up with all the amazing design ideas? The circle and the brads are SO fantastic!!!!

AlienAnessa said...

You outdid yourself on this one!! It's so appropriately quirky and colorful and fun, and I personally will be using this as a sketch idea for numerous cards to come!! Thank you for creating this, it's delightful!!

Unknown said...

What a rockstar job you did on this. It is gorgeous! Your son must have loved it!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

YOU are my Stamping hero! This is incredible. I'll bet your son wants to put this up on his wall. It's unbelievably amazing!!!! :O)

Libby Hickson said...

This card is so much fun, I love everything about it!!