Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cuddle Up Carter



Today I have a little somethin' to show using the new Cuddle Up Carter set from My Favorite Things. Isn't he a darling? If you haven't heard about this set already, it was designed after a very inspirational little boy, Carole Burrage's son Carter. A portion of the proceeds from its sales will be donated to EuroPeds, a wonderful non-profit clinic for kids who have cerebral palsy and other neuro-muscular conditions. I love the spirit of generosity at MFT and knowing this set will help out such a worthy cause!

Some MFT happenings today:

  • Michele is showing how to use Peerless Watercolors in today's How'd They Do That tutorial.
  • The companion What's Up Wednesday Challenge, hosted by Joanne, is watercoloring.
  • Voting for this week's MFT Idol Competition closes tonight at 10pm
  • Save 10% off your entire order today (April 22) using code MFT10.
  • Get a FREE Peerless Watercolor Complete Edition (a $13 value) for orders over $65. Use code PEERLESS13. (Offers cannot be combined)
Thanks for popping in!



Stamps: Cuddle Up Carter (My Favorite Things)
Paper: SU Garden Green, PTI Vintage Cream, Prismatics Desert Coral Medium, Bloom & Grow "Grow" dp by My Mind's Eye
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Garden Green
Accessories: SU 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, button, ribbon; Cuttlebug Just My Type embossing border, paper piercer, foam adhesive, green burlap string, sewing machine, Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils

18 comments:

June Houck said...

This is precious. I finally got my buttons embossing border when I was in NC before Easter at Hobby Lobby...and they were on sale! I also bought some Nesties with my 40% coupon. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby here in VA :)

America said...

LOVE those CB buttons that are adorable with this precious MFT Carter. I love your fab ribbon treatment and that DP combo. Great card, as usual Amy!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Amy! This is soooo dang cute!!! I LOVE the paper-pieced pj's and LOVE the embossed buttons!!!
God Bless! Angella

Taylor said...

This is so adorable, Amy! I love the embossed button border and the adorable paper pieced plaid PJ's!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

A-dorable! I love that Just My Type embossing folder! (I need to buy one).

Kim said...

He ROCKS Amy!

Emily said...

Oh my Amy, I don't know how this could be more perfect! That button border is just too adorable!

Renée said...

This is fabulous, Amy!! Love your colour choices, the embossing on the left and your colouring is wonderful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh Amy, this is adorable! He looks so cozy in his comfy pajamas!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, he is so cute! Love the embossed buttons and his paper pieced jammies! So sweet!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh he looks smashing in his plaid pj's Amy! And awesome embossed buttons, how perfect!

Barbara said...

What a darling card, and a worthy cause, too. The colors and plaid dp and piecing are so fun. Great composition, too.

Dawn B. said...

Love the buttons down the side. I have that die and have not used it. Great coloring. I love that some of the proceeds go to such a great cause. Thanks for sharing that. Super job.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you rock! You are so talented, each element of this card works! I love the buttons on the side embossed in!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, there are so many things I love about this card! It is so cute! I love the paper piecing, stitching, papers, sketch, everything!

Kelley said...

So cute...love his jammies!!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, like the embossed buttons and the paper piecing!

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO SO adorable! The embossed buttons were the perfect touch!