Monday, April 20, 2009

Flopsey Celebrates MFT Day



The 20th of the month brings Celebrate MFT Day, so come on and join the MFT fans in getting your My Favorite Things stamps inky today! I'm working with one of the new April sets, Flopsey's Flowers. He is so adorable holding this bouquet of flowers, and his expression looks just sheepish enough that he could be trying to beg forgiveness. I colored with Copics and Prismacolors on MFT's new Perfect Paper Panels, and can I just say, what I've been hearing about this paper is true - it is exceptional! It's super smooth, super thick, and the copics and Prismacolors blend like a dream! The dps are all from the Penny Lane Tiny Dancer collection by My Mind's Eye. For the corner treatments, I just wrapped a short length of SU's Certainly Celery twill (from the recent Sale-A-Bration) around the corner, then used a piece of burlap string to secure a Chocolate Chip button to the celery ribbon.

And the inside looks like this:



Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll give your MFT stamps a little love today, too!



Stamps: Flopsey's Flowers (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, SU Certainly Celery and Whisper White, MFT Perfect Paper Panels, Penny Lane Tiny Dancer by My Mind's Eye
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Walnut Stain Distress
Accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders Nestabilities and Piercabilities, Chocolate Chip marker, paper piercer, Papertrey Dark Chocolate twill ribbon, SU celery twill and chocolate chip buttons, Cotton Candy Stickles, Heidi Swapp flower bling, distressing tool, BossKut die (inside)

20 comments:

Tiffany said...

How sweet! I love how you decorated the inside too. Thank you for sharing. It's adorable!!

Enjoy your day!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Simply lovely, Amy. I adore the crimped ribbon in the corners and the inside is adorable too!

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy I love your sewing and I love your Flopsie.

Cori said...

When I see a bunny stamp, I immediately think Easter. I need lessons on thinking outside the box (hate that term, though). This one's a beaut. I hope it wasn't specifically for someone.
~Cori

Carolyn King said...

this is so gorgeous Amy! Love the inside too--just perfect!

Emily said...

I love Flopsey and you made her look soooo cute on this card! I love the corner ribbons. I'm sure I will own this Flopsey somewhere down the line:))

Kathy Jones said...

How cute is this!!! Love the ribbon treatment on this one, the touches of bling and how Flopsey's ears are out of the box! Your colouring is exceptional too!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is too cute Amy!! Love the adorable bunny and your design is always so fabulous!! How did you get the wave at the bottom? Is that a punch?
Have an awesome day!!
hugs,
Chris

Angel said...

Amy, I LOVE this! And I have to tell you I sighed when I saw the inside....JUST GORGEOUS!!!

Dawn B. said...

Super sewing on your card Amy. I just won a gift certificate to MFT so I may have to check out this paper and this stamp. I really like the way you colored them. Super job.

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable Amy! I really like the popped up Flopsy and the inside of your card!

~Lori Roop said...

So, So cute! Love the image and ribbon!

Michelle said...

So sweet, Amy!! I love Flopsy ....love how you colored him, love how you did the corners & I LOVE the inside....such a perfect card!!

Riet said...

wowww Amy,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

AlienAnessa said...

Good NIGHT, how I love this card! I just can't get over how great you are at this!! Love all your little touches!!

Amy Pitts said...

Amy I love what you did with your buttons in the corner. I gotta use that idea. Love all your cards!

Conniecrafter said...

so sweet, love the way you did the corners with the ribbon and buttons too!

America said...

WOW!! Terrific sewing, super neat distressing, lovely DP, fun Bunny and great color choices. Love it all. TFS

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, have you ever made a bad card in your life? You are my hero!!!
Blessings! Angella

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeously colored, gorgeously put together, gorgeously embellished... GORGEOUS!