Thursday, April 30, 2009

Damask Designs



It's all Susan's fault. One Saturday in a Sketch For You To Try post, she was gushing and obsessing over Papertrey's then-new Damask Designs set and anxiously awaiting for it to be back in stock. Of course, I had to see what the fuss was all about. And you know how it is with Papertrey ... I couldn't stop at just one set, or just one new paper color, or just one style of ribbon. It had been a long while since my last Papertrey purchase, so I was overdue. (That's what I'm telling myself, anyway.)

Anyhoo, the beautiful Damask Designs, designed by Dawn McVey, finally saw some ink this past weekend. I created the background using Guide Lines Two, also by Papertrey. The grid is stamped in SU's white craft ink on kraft card stock, then the circles are filled with white craft and one of SU's pinks (I think Regal Rose craft?). Last I added in the tiny black images. The final touch was to dot the circle centers with a tiny dab of Stardust Stickles. The focal image is from Damask Designs, and is stamped in Versafine Onyx black and then heat embossed with black detail embossing powder. The ribbon is by Papertrey, and the punched border was done with the Fiskars A-Fleur punch. I trimmed down the background panel by 1/8" on both sides, then edged it in white ink before adhering it to a Kraft card base.

Have an awesome day!



Stamps: Damask Designs (I just noticed it's out of stock again - see? it's a HOT one!) and Guide Lines Two (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and White card stock
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU Whisper White craft and Regal Rose (?) craft
Accessories: circle Nesties, Papertrey ribbon, Fiskars A-Fleur punch, Stardust Stickles

21 comments:

~Lori Roop said...

EEK!!! Amy this is SOOOO gorgeous!! You definately rocked these stamp sets!! Beautiful!

Angela said...

Amy, this is sooooo beautiful, love the colors and your bg. I just ordered the Guidlines set and can't wait to get it..

Danielle said...

So very pretty Amy - you make this stamp stand out so stylishly on this card! Gorgeous colours and I loved that polka dot ribbon!
Hugs, Danielle

Amy Rohl said...

I'm so happy for you that you picked up both DD and Guidelines2!! This is just sheer gorgeous, Amy!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Amy,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Tiffany said...

Wow - this is beautiful! Love the background. Very pretty!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful Amy! This is a gorgeous card!

KanataNewf said...

Love how elegant this looks.

June Houck said...

Oh dear. I think I need to order from Paper Trey! I love that damask image. Your card is both striking and dramatic. I love your color combo too :)

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE that yummy pink ribbon with the white border. Awesome!

Jackie Pedro said...

Gorgeous, Amy! I am having a new love affair with Papertrey, too! Have a few new sets that have yet to see ink!!

ChristineCreations said...

I am in love with anything Damask Amy! This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh man oh man i have been trying to resist that guidelines set AND the damasks for awhile...

gorgeous card!!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Amy!!! Love it!! The colors and ribbon are gorgeous along with the punched border along the ribbon. Love the Damask! Gorgeous Girl!

Heather in FL said...

This is just beautiful. I love the color combination. I love the stamps. I love the ribbon...just everything is perfect!

Jenn said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy!! Every little detail is perfect!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Love, love this! Great colors and fun details, as always! I know I always say that, but you always add just the right touch!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGosh - this is beautiful!!! All that work you did on the BG is absolutely amazing!!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Oh my, you must start designing your own paper line Amy-- you choices and design here are just perfect! Wowsers!

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Simply Gorgeous Card.

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is gorgeous!! I love the colors and design of you stamped paper! So pretty!