Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cheep Cheep



Happy Saturday! I've had Stampin' Up's adorable Cheep Talk set my possession for months, but this is the first time I've used it -- such a fun set to work with! Today's layout comes from Jen's Sketch For You To Try. I took a few liberties with the sketch and changed one of the rectangle panels to a rectangle-shaped grouping of stars, branch, and bird, but I think you'll still see the sketch foundations there. Check out what all the SFYTT gang has put together this week:

Jen del Muro and guest designer Kimberly Crawford
Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Kelly Lunceford
Susan Liles

To play along, use Mr. Linky to add your creation over on Jen's blog. If you upload to SCS, use keyword: SFYTT.

I'm keeping it short today so I can get back to my family and the grandparents who are visiting this weekend to help us celebrate my youngest's second birthday. Whew - where does the time go??

How about a proud mama moment? (I haven't done one of those in a while)





Stamps: Cheep Talk (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft, SU Kiwi Kiss, My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow "Bloom" collection
Ink: SU Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, White craft
Accessories: SU button and ribbon, large and small star punches, and paper piercer; burlap string

24 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is so cute! I still have yet to ink up this set, but you have made me want to get it out! You always add just the right details! I love it! TFs

Melissa said...

Beautifully done Amy! And happy birthday to the little one!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anthonette said...

Such a great card! I love your detail of the pierced kraft layer on a kraft card base.

Happy 2nd to your little one!

Jackie Pedro said...

Darling card, Amy! Your son is adorable! Happy Birthday to him!!

Renée said...

How could have not used that set yet?!!! Kidding :) Your card is wonderful! Love all the details, Amy!

and, what a gorgeous little boy you have!

Anonymous said...

A 2 year old?? You are sooo blessed. What precious baby. Post "Proud Mama moments" anytime you want!
I haven't posted a comment in awhile. Saying that I just want to remind you how much your blogging fans love your work. You are so talented Amy. I also love the "Birthday Wishes" card below. Your cards always look so professional. Not all handmade. I love your technigue. Have a beautiful, God Blessed weekend.
Hugs,
Pam SCS-"Craftea19"
Http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/
Visit me sometime.

Amy Rohl said...

What an adorable, sweet and innocent 2 year old! Yes, time does fly and it's good to be reminded to stop and smell the roses!

Love the liberties you took with the sketch--just perfectly balanced! Love the background stars and the branch and tweety bird!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, what an adorable picture! Happy 2nd birthday!!

Love your Cheep Talk card!! I can't believe you've just inked it for the first time...hehe...I love that set!

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute! I love all the kraft mixed with bright colors!

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

So cute! Love your color choices! Happy Bday lil' man!!

~Lori Roop said...

Amy, this is so tweet! :) I love the image and you've used it to perfection!

Happy birthday to your little guy! He's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cutie!! And his mom makes mighty cute cards too!!
--Becca

Deb said...

I gain inspiration from visiting your blog. I left something for you on my blog :)

Unknown said...

I love your card...but what I love MORE is that adorable picture of your little cutie! So precious! I hope the birthday celebration was a great one! :-)

Jerri Kay said...

The card is fabulous, the picture of your child . . . PRICELESS! Whenever you need a babysitter, just send that little one down to me. Hold him tight Amy, the time will go faster than you want it to. I'm leaving Friday for Nashville to pick up my baby and bring him home for the summer.

Conniecrafter said...

very sweet, both your card and your little one ;)

Marisa said...

Darling picture, Amy :) They grow up waaaaay too quickly!!

Great card too. Enjoy your time with the family :D

Anonymous said...

hi amy!
your card is adorable and G is TOO stinkin cute!! you have GOT to bring him over to play with Pezzy - she would SO love it!!
hugs
M

America said...

Aww your little one is soooo precious. What a handsome boy! His mom Rocks at crafting...so Im sure he has those wonderful genes too. :)

Judy Rozema said...

Adorable card with awesome colors! SWEET picture!!!

Lori Craig said...

I keep seeing this set over and over... LOVE your card. Happy Birthday to your sweet baby. :)

Jen Tapler said...

Oh AMY!!! I've died and gone to Kraft heaven!!! BEAUTIFUL! And I didn't realize our little men were so close in age and has such a similar mop of blonde curls!! What a cutie your little guy is!

Lorelie Kim said...

Your little one is just SUPER ADORABLE!!!

Cindy Major said...

I am loving those bright colours!

Cindy