Friday, April 17, 2009

Anniversary Wishes



Here's a full version of the card snippet I posted on Tuesday. And here's what I wrote for the Verve blog:

I've been a big fan of Verve's Plain Jane line ever since it was introduced, and I'm an even bigger fan now, because this month, in addition to two new sentiment stamps, for the first time, Verve is introducing two image stamps as well! I was especially drawn to the Medallion image. It is quintessential "Verve" -- sophisticated, elegant, timeless. Plus it's versatile enough to use as a focal point or as an accent or background. I paired it with some formal papers from the La Creme stack by Die Cuts With a View to make an anniversary card. Fancy paper piercing and dry embossing, black satin ribbon, bling, as well as two different decorative borders all help play up the elegance. To keep the focus on the medallion, I placed the sentiment on the inside, which is also decorated to coordinate with the card front. While this image works beautifully as a focal point, long-time Verve enthusiasts are sure to appreciate how well it goes with so many of Verve's previously released sets.

A look at the inside:



Tonight's the night for Verve's next release. The party starts HERE at 9 pm EST!



Stamps: Medallion (Verve Stamps)
Paper: SU Basic Black, Whisper White card stock; DCWV La Creme dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Old Paper Distress
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestabilities and Piercabilities, Fiskars border punch, Offray ribbon, Swarovski bling, paper piercer, stamping sponges, foam adhesive

26 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

I about fell over when I saw this GORGEOUS card on the Verve blog the other day! Stunning, Amy!!

Tiffany said...

WOW! The border punch is the perfect match for your medallion! This is so striking, I just love it! Thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Renée said...

This is stunning, Amy! Love the beautiful colours, the wonderful layout, nd of course, the classy elegance of the Verve images!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, Amy!! I love it!

Paula Barin said...

Stunning!! Very elegant.

Kim said...

Amy, this card takes my breath away! Drop dead gorgeous!

leslie said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a stunning beauty inside and out Amy!! So classy and elegant!! WOW!!

Michelle Tech said...

Whoa! This is such a visual treat! My first thought is gothic, but maybe Victorian, or really fancy dress. I don't know, but I can't take my eyes off it!

Unknown said...

So elegant, Amy!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is absolutely stunning! Love the colors and design!

Danielle said...

Wow Amy, this card is pure elegance!! Your paper piercing, embossing and border punching is exquisite! Gorgeous!
Hugs, Danielle

Jenn said...

Wowzers!!! This card is just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! It just oozes elegance! Love the border punch...it's very pretty! :D

dpkennedy said...

Stunning elegance!

Kathy Jones said...

*SIGH* I love, love, love this card Amy!!! Exquisite!!!!

Linda said...

Completely STUNNING Amy!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this card Amy! You make everything look so elegant and beautiful!! Exquisite!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, this is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy!! Wow girl!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card just takes my breath away, Amy! Gorgeous, classy and sophisticated - you are such an artist! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy This is gorgeous girl, amazing. Hugs Cindy

Linda Beeson said...

WOW! Not only is this color scheme just plain amazing but that punched border is the most perfect accent.

Unknown said...

Now where did my jaw roll too....
it's on the floor somewhere!
Stunning Amy, simply stunning!
Viv xxx

AlienAnessa said...

Wow, Amy, this blows away the definition of elegant!! Love it so much!!

Kim said...

Amy~ I just adore your work! Your cards are so amazing and stunning! Gorgeous work! I have to let you know that when I saw this card it totally inspired me for a couple wedding cards that I had to make! I have them scheduled to post at on my blog tomorrow at noon and would love for you to take a peek!
Hugs~ Kim