Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Viva La Verve



Today I'm sharing my take on the current Viva La Verve sketch. Each week, Verve Diva Amber Hight posts a new sketch in the Verve Forum, and each sketch has a "twist," which is an extra requirement or restriction. This week's twist is to use acetate on your card. I ran a small piece of acetate through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder and layered it onto the vertical panels that has the ribbon on it.

Do you know that if you complete all four Viva La Verve sketches in any given month, you can enter the grand prize drawing, which is the next month's entire release? I can promise you February's grand prize drawing is one you won't want to miss! Why? Because Verve's biggest release EVER is coming on March 8, and all EIGHT new sets could be yours free if you win! If you haven't started on this month's sketches yet, or if this is the first you're hearing of them, no worries, there's still plenty of time. The deadline is not until midnight, CST, on February 27. You'll find all four Viva La Verve sketches in the "Contests & Challenges" section of the Verve Forum on SCS, and all the participation details are included in each week's sketch post. Hope you can play!

To make room for all the new sets that are coming, Verve is having a huge sale. Almost all of Verve's sets are discounted, but only through February 28 and only while supplies last. You'll find all the sale info and prices in the Verve store.

Also, save the date:
Verve's March Release Party
Sunday, March 8
8 pm EST


Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve Stamps)
Paper: SU Kiwi Kiss, Very Vanilla, Buckaroo Blue (retired), and Barely Banana; Making Memories "Chloe's Closet" dp
Ink: SU Buckaroo Blue (retired)
Accessories: Hero Arts bling, paper piercer, edge distressing tool, foam adhesive, SU Kiwi Kiss ribbon, acetate, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome card!!!

marcyh said...

what a pretty card...the colors are perfet together, very springy. I like the acetate thru the cuttlebug.

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card Amy - wonderful creation for the Verve challenge! Love those colours too!
Hugs, Danielle

America said...

Amy, you ARE my Card Idol!
Id love to get into your mind and find where you get yours inspirations from and how you get your brilliant creative juices flowing to design such beautiful cards.... I really love your designs - and what's so amazing is that each new one is usually better than the last... you come up with beauties that appear complicated to me, yet--> I know they must be quite simple for you. ahh yes, such lovely eye candy... I LOVE your work. :)

Allison said...

This is gorgeous. I love the colours!

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous once again Amy! I also used acetate in the cuttlebug with that folder, I love the look to it! I love how you layered it onto that panel!

Gretchen said...

Beautiful springy colors! Gorgeous card and that DP is soo cute! I'm going to try acetate in my cuttlebug (genius!) Thanks for the inspiration (and on a side note- I CASEd one of your cards from your gallery! You can see it on my blog or in my gallery! Thanks for sharing your creative talents!)

Becky said...

This is just gorgeous, love all the details, and I see a little peek of the inside :) and that looks gorgeous too.

Jackie Pedro said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love the cuttlebugged acetate!!

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS!

Denise Marzec said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! So many pretty details!!

dpkennedy said...

Just gorgeous! I love the swiss dots panel and the patterned papers! Beautiful card!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh WOW! That is SO beautiful, Amy!! LOVE the look of the acetate run through the CB!! So cool!!
I wish I had time to do those sketches-sounds like a ton of fun!!

~Lori Roop said...

Love the embossed acetate!! The butterflies are cute and fun!!

Lovely work!

Kathy Jones said...

This is just beautiful!!!! I love how you've used the acetate - very cool!!! Gorgeous colours and paper, so fresh and pretty!!!

Kristy said...

What a gorgeous card! I definitely am going to try acetate with my cuttlebug. I love the pearly look!

Norine said...

very pretty love that blue & tan together
Hugs
Norine

Dawn Easton said...

ohhhh I've never run acetate through the CB before...love that look Amy! Fab idea girl! Your card is so pretty!!

Pricousins said...

I LOVE this card! TFS!

Joyce said...

What a lovely card! You did a super job on this!

Unknown said...

delish amy! the acetate was the first thing that caught my eye!
hugs
M

AHadley said...

AMAZING card Amy, and a fun cooincidence as well...My name is Amy and I'm with Scrap 'N Art eZine. We received some beautiful Verve stamps to work with this month, and this week I made a card with that stamp set, in those SAME colors!
Us Amys stick together I suppose ;)
Love your work and your blog, I come and take a peek every day!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this card is outstanding! I love what you did!

Conniecrafter said...

such a pretty spring card, love the twill and the acetate is so neat, pretty butterflies with their bling :)

Jane Wetzel said...

Love this Amy! So springlike!

Papier Creatif said...

Amy! I always enjoy looking at your beautiful projects! This is so detailed and scrumptuous {gorgeous had been taken several times}! This would take me 3 days to make! Thank you for the inspiration and sharing your art.

StinkerbellSteph said...

A knockout, again!! TFS!

Paula Barin said...

Your cards are so beautiful. Do you ever have a problem giving them away? I don't know how you can part with them!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW this is gorgeous Amy!! Love the embossed acetate layer!! Gonna have to try that!LOL!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Laura said...

Amy, this is just over the top beautiful! I love your blog and visit it often. Now I'd like to award you with some "love".
Vist my blog to receive your award.
www.stamplaura.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Well, I am back from Virginia and catching up on my favorite blogs. This card is stunning! The colors are great and the layout is so fun! And I love the butterflies! I have so much catching up to do and your cards are so inspiring!

Anonymous said...

You always have so many georgeous creations to get caught up on when I come to visit and play catch up! Love this!