Saturday, February 28, 2009

Count Your Blessings



Happy Saturday - welcome weekend! Today I have a three-pack to show you. This first card is something I've been tinkering with ever since Wednesday's sketch challenge was posted on SCS. I already had the Citrus stack by DCWV out from an earlier project, so that's where I pulled my papers. (Here I go again with the blue and green color combo.)

I liked the kinda funky color and pattern combo enough to use it again for my sample for Jen del Muro's Sketch For You to Try:



Check out the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Jody Morrow's sample over at i{heart}2stamp. The rest of the SFYTT sistahs are at the ready with even more ispiration for you:

Amy Rohl
Carole Burrage
Kelly Lunceford
Susan Liles

We always love to have you play along, but this week, there's more reason to join the fun - Jen has a prize up for grabs. I'll let her tell you all about it!

I used the colors and papers yet again for my sample for this week's sketch challenge at Our Creative Corner. I think this is my favorite of the three:



Laurie Schmidlin is our host this month, and her sketch is a great one - so versatile. Just wait 'til you see the variety from the OCC designers! You can see everyone's together at the Our Creative Corner blog, or for more chitchat and details, visit the individual designers:

Cindy Haffner
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Jennifer Meyer
Julee Tilman
Kim Teasdale
Laurie Schmidlin
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Silke Ledlow

The flower image is from Anna Wight's Blossoms & Butterflies set. All three sentiments are from her Blooming Expressions set, which has the most unique, wonderful phrases - I love this set! Both sets are available from Whipper Snapper Designs. The flowers are colored with Copic markers. The centers are dotted with a white gel pen. Last, they are trimmed out and coated with Crystal Effects. The stem on the OCC card is colored with a blender pen and Stampin' Up ink pads. The hat pin on the SCS sketch card is from the Stampin' Up Pretties kit. The large and small pinked borders are done with the Pinking Border Piercabilities by Spellbinders. The black butterfly is punched with a Martha Stewart punch. The ornate tag shape on the third card is BossKut's Vintage Tag Die #0834, and the silver flower brad is by Stampin' Up.

Hope you have a great weekend! Tomorrow (Sunday, 3/1) is release day for Our Daily Bread Designs, and I can't wait to show you one of the awesome new sets! See you then!



Stamps: Blossoms & Butterflies, Blooming Expressions (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: SU Basic Black and Kiwi Kiss, Papertrey White, DCWV "Citrus" dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU White craft, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive and Always Artichoke
Accessories: Martha Stewart lace border punch and butterfly punch; Spellbinders Pinking Border Piercabilities; May Arts sheer polka dot ribbon; SU Pretties kit (hat pin), dimensionals, filigree brad, 1/4" circle punch, filigree brad, crystal effects, paper piercer, clear embossing powder, and Kiwi Kiss ribbon; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; black burlap string (available from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts), Hero Arts rhinestones, Signa white gel pen

47 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cards are gorgeous, love those colors together.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, I've fallen off my chair, all three of these designs are over-the-top gorgeous Amy!

Sharon said...

They are all gorgeous Amy - I adore this colour combination, its so pretty.

Dawn Easton said...

I swear to goodness that all of these should just be framed! They are works of art girl! Love the set you have made here...absolutely amazing Amy!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Could you BE more productive?! Answer: NO!!! Man, you're something! Love these colors -- such a beautiful set!

Norine said...

just gorgeous love those colors so pretty
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! Loved the poppie, too!

Kelly Lunceford said...

What a lovely set of cards! The colors are beautiful! I really love the shiney flowers and all of the great details! Stunning work as always!

Kathy W said...

I know it's already been said but these cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Stampin_melissa said...

Simply breathtaking Amy! I don't know how you just keep doing it, one beautiful card creation after another.

Jackie Pedro said...

What a stunning set of cards! I LOVE the colors and those blue shine flowers are to die for!! You certainly did Anna's stamps proud!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Amy three amazing cards! The layouts are amazing and SO pretty!

I LOVE all three! Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

KanataNewf said...

They are all so very beautiful.

Jane Wetzel said...

love these, the colors are awesome and each is special...sending them to meeeeee???
lololol

pescbrico said...

I love this card... in fact I love all your cards! You are an awesome crafter!

Brooke S said...

gorgeous as always! What a great color combo... I love the soft stamping in green on the second card.. What a perfect touch. Everything you do has such a perfect finish to it.. So clean and Crisp..

Hugs
Brooke

ChristineCreations said...

My goodness what a fabulous trio Amy! Such gorgeous color....I love the gradiation of the green in that first card too...they are all so eye catching!

Lori Craig said...

stunning...all of them... love that color combo! Have a great weekend, Amy!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Each card is so gorgeous, Amy! I love the color combo, that really cool die you've been using, and the glossy flowers on the OCC card just take my breath away. Have a great weekend!

Simone said...

Amy, I am nearly speechless with enthusiasm! Your cards are so gorgeous!!!
Simone

Anonymous said...

Those cards are gorgeous!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, Wow....and WOW! They're all totally GORGEOUS!

Amy Rohl said...

Wow, your cards are just gorgeous (as always!), and I just love the colors and all the peeking edges! The black butterfly on the subtle stems is wonderful! Like I said...Mo and Jo are baaack!

Allison said...

WOW! These are all stunning. That colour combo is gorgeous! I don't think I would be able to give them away if I had made them!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow! These cards are actually gorgeous, love the colors and the flowers are lovely as well.

Stephanie Hargis said...

Amy, these are stunning! I LOVE all of them! I can't even decide which one is my favorite! Wow! Way to truly inspire me today!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

these couldn't be any more AMAZING!!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

After reading all of these BEAMING comments, I repeat...what they said!! =)

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Amy, these are just amazing. I love all the black accents. I have that paper and would have never been able to put together such an amazing set!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - all three cards are gorgeous!!! Love the black and citrus DP!!!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are truly amazing. Your colours and layouts are fabulous. Love how you made your flowers.

Louise said...

Oh Wow! Just love those cards. The colours are so gorgeous! Love that turquoise and black.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW - 3 absolutely stunning cards!!! I'm trying really hard to figure out which one I like best....but it's too hard!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally FABULOUS!! All three are just gorgeous!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh wow, all 3 are terrific!!

ateliersdeval said...

Magnifiques !!!

Ifat Art said...

Wow!
Those cards are so beautiful!

Thanks for sharing.
IfatArt.

Unknown said...

OK!! Eyeballs out on stalks as usual! Amy specials in abundance!!
Can't cope with all this gorgeousness. ;0)
Hugs Viv xxx

Unknown said...

oh amy these are just delicious!!!!! LOVE the colors too!

America said...

These colors are one my fav color combos Amy! You designed these cards so beautifully and down to every last detail. YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Lynda Benden said...

WOW Amy, these are all gorgeous! I love when you use the blue and green, so pretty! Anna's flowers are so pretty as well!

Silly Skittles said...

Your cards are always gorgeous, Amy! I really liked how the first one came together and don't stop using the blue/green colour combination on our account, it looks really good paired with the black! I love the hat pin as well!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are all so gorgeous Amy!! The blue and green color combo is so pretty! I can see these colors becoming contagious!!

Conniecrafter said...

such a lovely set, the crystal effects is so great on the flowers and love the color combos!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Holy cow!! Three stunners in one post?!?!?! You're killing me here!! Share...please share!! Like I've mentioned before...green may look good on cards, but not on me. WOW!! I'm blown away!!

Kristin Moore said...

All those beautiful shiny blue flowers fondly remind me of a pretty glass brooch of my grandmothers! You do stunning work!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are THE BEST! What a talent you have! I look forward to seeing them each time you post.