Monday, February 9, 2009

Looking Ahead to Easter



I promised myself I would not go full-speed into Easter until after Valentine's Day, but I've really been enjoying the new I Am The Way set from Our Daily Bread Designs, and can't wait to show you what I've made. This first one is definitely my favorite. I did my coloring with an aqua painter and Stampin' Up re-inkers, then trimmed out the lilies and attached them to the card with dimensionals. All the edges of the different panels are sponged with Antique Linen distress ink. The piercing is done with an Ornare piercing template, and the ivory die-cut behind the lilies is from BossKut.



This next one is harder for me to like, as I'm not much of a purple person. It's a good Easter color, though. Again, I watercolored the lilies, trimmed them, and mounted them to the card with dimensionals. The decorative corner pieces are 1 1/2" squares cut on the diagonal with wavy-edge deco scissors, then topped with a button and ribbon combo. The rest is just layers, layers, and lotsa layers. Designer papers are from Stampin' Up's retired Enchante pack.

Last, since it's the 9th of the month, I've also put together a little somethin' for the monthly Divine Design Challenge, which is to create a Scripture-based project:



I used the wonderful lighthouse from Our Daily Bread Designs' Keep My Lamp Burning set, along with one of the Scripture sentiments. The corner accents are pewter jumbo eyelets (by SU) threaded with natural hemp. They are not set into the paper. I used the Crop-a-Dile to flatten the shaft first, then added the hemp. I secured them on the front with two mini glue dots, and then taped the hemp ends to the back using regular Scotch tape. The papers are all from Close to My Heart's Simple Pleasures pack.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a blessed day!




Easter Blessings:
Stamps: I Am The Way (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: SU Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla; K&Co dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Antique Linen Distress, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery, Sahara Sand, More Mustard
Accessories: BossKut vintage tag die, Swarovski Bridal Boutique half-back pearls, Ornare piercing template, gold cord, ivory taffeta, MS lace border punch, Spellbinders tags trio die, cler embossing powder
Size: 5" square

Happy Easter:
Stamps: I Am The Way (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Perfect Plum, Enchante dp (all SU)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand, More Mustard
Accessories: tag corner punch, wavy-edge scissors, dew drops, circle Nestabilities, paper piercer, corner rounder, SU buttons, ivory taffeta ribbon
Size: 5 1/2" square

Psalm 46:1/Lighthouse:
Stamps: Keep My Lamp Burning (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: CTMH Cocoa card stock and Simple Pleasures dp
Ink: CTMH Cocoa
Accessories: paper piercer, jumbo pewter eyelets, natural hemp, sponge daubers, foam adhesive
Size: 5 1/2" square

46 comments:

Gretchen said...

WOW!! I love to come and see what you have created for the day and today I got 3 projects!! LOVE them all but I really like the lighthouse one and how you used the jumbo eyelets! You are so clever! Thanks for sharing and I love your layouts (I often add your layouts to my sketch book) where do you get your inspiration for them?

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes, Amy - these are fantastic! However, it's the Easter Blessings card that has stolen my heart. I adore the vintage feel you so gently gave it.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

These are gorgeous and I love how you did the hemp/eyelet corners - too cool!

Danielle said...

Amazing work Amy! You have such an incredible ability to add detail to your work so perfectly! You are so inspirational - God Bless You!
Hugs, Danielle

Jennifer Meyer said...

I agree Amy, your cards are gorgeous! The detail on each is incredible as always!

Have a fun week, Jennifer :)

Stampin_melissa said...

Amy, Amy, Amy. . . *sigh* I just LOVE everything you create! I honestly don't think I have looked at one of your cards and thought, "hmmm, I really don't think I like this one." Each one is fabulous! I am curious, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do with all these cards you create?

Renée said...

wow, Amy, gorgeous cards! The detail on each is stunning!

Jeannie said...

You are amazing girl! They are all perfect in their own way.

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness! They are all AMAZING!
Love the border and the piercing on the frist card!
Love the colors and the flowers on the second card-and those fabulous corners!!
And the third one is just an amazing design-those grommets and twine are perfection!!!

Anonymous said...

Your designs are just remarkable

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh, Amy, more beautiful cards!I really love the teal and lavender! I am so excited because today my mailbox contained my new ODBD stamps! I'm glad they came so quickly because I will be at my son's in Norfolk VA next week with plenty of time to stamp! They are already on my list of things to pack. Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

In total awe...so awesome!! Beautiful

Lisa Hjulberg said...

All three are gorgeous, Amy! You are so good at layering and design.

Anonymous said...

Amy - all three cards are STUNNING!!! I love these new Set's and already bought them too - LOL!!!

I better get going and start using mine - LOL!!!

Have a great day!!! ~S~

Shivvy x said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the beautiful lilies!!

Siobhan xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh these are fantastic! I love the papers in the first, and the layering of the lillies! They are all 3 great!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Super cool with the lighthouse - I was playing with just the partial image the other day too, and I love that! TFS ...and the lilies...ok, you're my hero. LOL

Nancy Riley said...

AMAZING creations, Amy! I can't believe the incredible detail you put into your designs!

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy always a pleasure to visit your blog, love your cards, and all your wonderful details.

Anonymous said...

These are all amazing, outstanding work!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy cow, woman! They're all beautiful, but that first one...oh my word, I'm in love with it! Great colors, great piercing with the pearls, that bosskut die (need to find those), the gorgeous flowers. Definitely a FAV!!

Lorelie Kim said...

Each and every one of your cards are simply amazing! Always so much to see and learn!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

These are all STUNNING Amy!!

Denise said...

OMGosh Amy! All of these cards are just gorgeous~ I love the piercing and pearl treatment on #1~ I just love your style!

Jami said...

Wow....every time I visit, my jaw just drops. Love all the soft ivory colors on the first one...and that last one is....WOW!! Too cool!!!

Nancy said...

I love all of these, especially the second one...those colors are gorgeous! Your cards have such beautiful details. Always a pleasure to visit your blog!

Kelley said...

Hey, they are OK. I've seen better....Just kidding!! Fantastic!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW, WOW and WOW!!!! You've done a beautiful job with those flowers and carefully cutting them out! Such beautiful layouts and embellishments!!! The last one is awesome with its rustic, masculine feel. I love the torn opening and the way you've used the eyelets. As always, totally stunning!!!!

Unknown said...

I love it when feedblitz sends your latest creations over. I rush over to get my 'fix' and I'm never disappointed. What a bonus to have THREE to drool over!!
Have a great day!
Viv xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards! Love all of them. TFS!

Dawn Easton said...

Amazing cards Amy! You have been busy and all of these are wonderful! Love how you've cut out the lilies and popped them up...gorgeous!
Your Lighthouse card is stunning....all those details...wow!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh My so much beautiful creations to take in all at once, love the feminine touch to the first card, tha layers and corner treatments are awesome in the second card, and the third card is so cool with its torn edges revealing the image and love the way you did the corners with the hemp, thanks for explaining how you did it!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous cards! And I have to say, the lighthouse one turned out absolutely fabulous!

Cindy

Betty Wright said...

WOW!!!!! Not just three cards, but THREEE stunningly beautiful cards!!!! Gorgeous work, Amy!!!!!

Bev J. said...

Love all three cards but especially the first one-like the simpler style and the lighthouse is great! tfs

Shy said...

I always find your cards so inspiring! Your lighthouse card today is wonderful! I love how you treated the corners. Very manly to me. :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, what an eyeful and each of these cards are superb!
--Becca

Wendy Hall said...

Amy, These are just stunning, I adore them. If you don't like the purple one too much you can always send it to me!!

Unknown said...

oh amy....WOW....i always love your stuff (and should comment more often - sorry!) but these cards are really just jaw on the floor gorgeous!! seriously girl how DO you do it????

hey you need to come hang out - how about this friday? k i'll just email you!
hugs
M

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Amy, just one you think that you have come out with a stunningly awesome card, you come out with another one that just knocks your socks off!!! These cards are all drop dead gorgeous!!!

hugs,
Chris

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is gorgeous...beyond gorgeous! I really love the hemp treatment on the eyelets! Great job!

Emily said...

Amy, these are all drop dead gorgeous cards! I love all of your detail on each card from the pearls on the first one to the cute corners with buttons and ribbons and then the hemp with the jumbo eyelets...just stunningly beautiful!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Hi Amy, Your cards are just beautiful. I love your work. Thanks for sharing.

Desire Fourie said...

Amy, these creations are gorgeous. Just love your style and colour combos. Hugs from Desire

Jennifer Aviles said...

Both of these are beautiful, but that second one. . .oh my word! GORGEOUS!

Jane said...

These are all great...but my absolute favorite is the lighthouse card. WOW!

Jane