Sunday, February 1, 2009

Keep My Lamp Burning



I'm excited to show off a brand-new, beautiful stamp set released today by Our Daily Bread Designs. It's called Keep My Lamp Burning, and was illustrated by fellow DT member, Dina Kowal. The upper left corner is designed to hold one of four different sentiments, three are Bible verses and one is a quote. I really love the artsy, collage look of this lighthouse image. It looks great colored traditionally or stamped onto dp or onto a handmade background - great for technique lovers.

For today's card, I stamped on watercolor paper, heat embossed, and then watercolored with an aqua brush and re-inkers. The patterned papers are from a photo mat stack by K&Co. I embellished with a new-to-me BossKut flourish die. I love all these swirly dies and just keep on stocking up whenever I see one that strikes my fancy. This one, Flourish #0739, was purchased from Cut @ Home. I coated the lighthouse with Ranger Crackle Glaze. Here's a close-up:




And here's a look at the full set:




ODBD introduced two more sets today as well:

I Am The Way:




May God Hold You:



Be sure to visit the ODBD gallery to see what the design team has been up to. I'll be showing more samples here in the days and weeks to come.

Thanks for stopping by!




Stamps: Keep My Lamp Burning (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Medium and Dark Island Mist Prismatics (Prism); watercolor paper (Canson); dp (K&Co)

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Prima flower, Ranger crackle glaze, Recollections glittery brad, BossKut flourish die, SU aqua painter, paper piercer, and Crystal Effects, sewing machine, foam tape, twill

Size: 5 1/2" square

25 comments:

Barbara said...

This card is truly inspired! I love the crackle glaze on the lighthouse -- perfect. I love lighthouses and recently climbed to the top of the old Cape Henry lighthouse and the crackle treatment is very appropriate!! The ODBD stamps are wonderful and I'll be doing some shopping soon.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

*sigh*...this is just stunning Amy!! I LOVE the crackle glaze on the lighthouse, and the colors are fabulous!! Love the shiny flourish, sewing and piercing too!! What a fabulous work of art!! WOW!!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely stunning Amy!!

Anonymous said...

Girl, this is fabulous!! These colors are so YOU and I love that crackle glaze on the lighthouse!!

Kathy Jones said...

OMGoodness Amy - this is yet another totally stunning card!!!! Everything about it is gorgeous and I love how you've used the crackle glaze and fabulous papers as always!! :)

Always great to see new ODBD stamps - I love the new celtic cross one!! :)

Norine said...

love the colors and the crackle
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

This card is just over the top Gorgeous!! All the details are just fab and I love the scripture that you chose. You also enabled me to buy that flourish die - I'm heading over to the site to buy it right now. THanks for that- I think. LOL!

Anonymous said...

PS. I've been browsing your blog and am just delighted with everything I see! How fun! I'm also thinking you have just about every die known to man! I'm so jealous! LOL!

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful work here, so love the crackle on the light house, the shiny flourish and colors/papers!

Dawn Easton said...

Stunning Amy! Wow! Love the colours and the image certainly is wonderful with the collage look!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous! The crackle effect is perfect!! LOVE the colors too!

Stampin_melissa said...

Amy, I always love your work. This is another fabulous piece of art! The cracked glass is perfect! I love the colors you used as well!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC CARD!!! I love how you used the *cracked glass* technique on the lighthouse!!!

Believe it or not I already did some damage shopping - LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this card is a beauty!! I love all the details - the swirl is awesome!
--Becca

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, what a stunning design and I LOVE the cracked glass technique.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow, Amy! I don't know how you do it - every card you make is even more gorgeous than the one before. So stunning! LOVE the crackle glaze!

America said...

stunning details. LOVE your work.

Silly Skittles said...

Hi Amy!

It was nice to meet you at CHA, albeit very briefly! I'm better known as Marti's sidekick, apparently! LOL...I have been visiting your blog for a while now and just wanted to say that I love all your cards, they are always so beautiful and the stamps by Our Daily Bread are so great!!!! More things to add to my wish list!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Erin Smetak said...

Hi Amy!

Your work is absolutely AMAZING! I wish I could create as beautifully as you do!

I am subscribing to your blog because your work is so inspiring and wonderful!

Keep up the fantastic, jaw dropping and awe inspiring cards!

Erin Smetak

Kelley said...

Julee is so correct in saying every card is better than the last one!! Can't wait until the next one!

Gretchen said...

The crackle glaze adds so much! This is a gorgeous card Amy!

Catherine said...

Such a gorgeous card, Amy :)

Desire Fourie said...

Just one word, stunning creativity. Hugs from Desire

Betty Wright said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Amy!!!!! Did the Ranger stuff crack it automatically or did you have to crack it like with the crack glass technique? Beautifully done!!!! I need to get that swirl, too!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicely done!

Char in So Cal