Saturday, February 21, 2009

Let Everything You Do ...



"Let everything you do be done
as if it makes a difference"


I love this quote from Anna Wight's Blooming Expressions set. I decided to pair it with some of the gorgeous images from Anna's new Wildflower Silhouette set. Both are available at Whipper Snapper Designs. The flower stamp is colored with Stampin' Up markers, huffed on, then stamped.

The layout comes from Jen del Muro's Sketch For you To Try. Head over to i{heart}2stamp.com to see what fun Jen has cooked up with this sketch, as well as what guest designer Jody Morrow has put together. Pay a visit to Amy Rohl, Carole Burrage, Kelly Lunceford, and Susan Liles for even more inspiration. As always, you're warmly invited to play along. Just link up your creation to Jen's blog post using Mr. Linky. If you upload to SCS, use keyword: SFYTT. It makes it so much easier for the players to find each other.

I started this card out with a different sentiment treatment that, honestly, looked much better. But I was desperate for this card to work for this week's challenge at Our Creative Corner, which is to use a tag on your project. Now that I look at it, I think it's really more of a label than a tag. Sorry! To see all the TAGS that the other OCC designers used this week, visit the OCC blog, or for more chitchat, visit their individual blogs: Cindy Haffner, Dawn Easton, Jackie Pedro, Jennifer Meyer, Julee Tilman, Kim Teasdale, Laurie Schmidlin, Lori Boyd, Lynda Benden, and Silke Ledlow. Also, help us welcome Rose Ann Reynolds as our guest designer for the week. Yay!!! Lucky us! Thanks for joining us Rose Ann! When you're ready to play, link your creation to the OCC blog and/or use keyword: OCCC if you upload to SCS.

Before I go, I've gotta tell you I'm in the midst of one of the worst creative droughts I think I've ever experienced, so if I'm quiet for a few days, you'll know why! It will pass, I know. I just hope it's soon, because it's making me VERY grumpy - LOL!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Wildflower Silhouette and Blooming Expressions (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Prismatics Dark Suede Brown, K&Co Classic K McKenna Mat Pad
Ink: Always Artichoke
Accessories: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Always Artichoke markers, oval Nestabilities, Offray brown twill, Spellbinders tag/label die, sewing machine, Making Memories decorative brad

42 comments:

KanataNewf said...

Beautiful card as always. Hope your mojo comes back soon! It seems to be catching!

Danielle said...

What a beautiful card Amy and I just love the sentiment! I hope you find your mojo ASAP - I think it's the time of year 'cos I feel a little that way too!
Hugs, Danielle

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous Amy! I don't see the missing mojo happening......but I know what you mean.....I think it is the February grumps affecting the creativity.......for me anyway!

Anonymous said...

Shh - don't tell anyone! I am coveting your card. Let's let this be our little secret, alright?

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Stunning!!! I love everything about it!!

Anonymous said...

Amy - this is one gorgeous silhouette card!!!

Monique said...

Amy what a beautiful card. Love all the stitching!

xx Monique

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

wow.... just beautiful!

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely beautiful Amy! I don't see anything wrong with your mojo! Your card is wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous - totally a tag girlie! hahaha - your mojo is still in tack you just have winter blues cuz it's been so YUCK here!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous, Amy!! I love those flowers, your gorgeous ribbon treatment, and fabulous stitching!! Love that sentiment too!!

You certainly do not look like you're in a creative drought, girl! I totally LOVE everything you make!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Wowza! This is so beautiful! I love the lineny looking background! The colors, details, everything is beautiful! I am always in awe of your work!

Michelle said...

Well I think this is gorgeous, drought or no drought .... I love your stitching....how do you get those corners to come out so perfectly?? That's the biggest problem I have with the zig zag....none of the 4 corners ever end up looking the same, lol!

Jackie Pedro said...

OMWord, Amy! This is stunning! That bow is beautiful!! I consider that a tag BTW!! LOL! To the world of stampers your work is always amazing....

Jennifer Meyer said...

Creative drought, who? When? Nope, no creative drought here!!

Your card is gorgeous Amy, LOVE the beautiful sentiment and your stunning design!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft, yet warm colors. Your stitching is perfect! Great card!

Amy Rohl said...

The suede bg paper is just gorgeous and so perfect with your coneflowers. Sorry to hear about your drought, and yes, it will pass. However, I have to tell you that I don't agree--this is wonderful!

Hugs,
Amy

Renée said...

this is beautiful, Amy! I love the colours, love the sewing, and I love the sentiment. Beautiful words!

This card didn't show any lack of creativity, your are so very talented!!

Michelle Tech said...

Beautiful card! Looks like more of a spring bubbling with beauty than a drought to me!

Missy said...

Beautiful. I just love the sentiment. Great job with it all!!!

Lynda Benden said...

I wish my creative drought was this bad!!! LOL!!! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the bow, the image and the tag is just perfect!

Kathy Jones said...

Amy this is just GORGEOUS!!!! If this is what you can create when your mojo is suffering, then I wish I suffered the same!! Honestly it is amazing - maybe a rest to rejuvenate is just what you need!

Gretchen said...

I wouldn't say this is a drought Amy! Your card is very elegant and yes, that's a tag! Hope you feel in the creative grove again soon, maybe it's just cabin fever! I'm feeling it too- it snowed here again last night. . .I WANT SPRING!!

Anonymous said...

Love this...love the ribbon, the circles behind the brad....the paper. Beautiful!
You'll get your mojo back...hang in there!

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl this is gorgeous, i love it.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Amy...I hope the drought is over with soon!!

Barbara said...

Beautiful card Amy. How do you get your ribbon to fold like that. It gives such an elegant touch

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Love the color combination and the stamp you used! Awesome job!

Jody Morrow said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Love that paper - it looks like linen! And I just adore everything you do...sorry you're feelin' grumpy! {hugs}

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the flowers and the way you did the ribbon, love that sentiment!

Simone said...

What a really beautiful card, a gorgeous image, beautifully coloured.
Simone

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Amy! I love that sentiment and your ribbon treatment is gorgeous. You're not alone in the creative drought - and it always seems like all my best stuff comes after a drought, so you've got great things ahead! :)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is lovely Amy! I love how you did the ribbon! I hate it when it seems the mojo up and goes but it will be back before you know it!
Hugs!!
~Angie

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Norine said...

another very pretty card
hugs
Norine

dpkennedy said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the twill background...it's perfect with these flowers! Congrats to Rose Ann too-love her cards and can't wait to see her beautiful creations!

Kimberly Crawford said...

WOW! Beautiful!! LOVE the brad in the bow center!! Gorgeous colors!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're in a drought at all, this card is beautiful! Yours always stand out when I'm scanning the day's entries at SCS... I bring one up and say No wonder! PickleTree's! I don't think you have anything to worry about. Love your blog!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Amy, friend, this is GORGEOUS!!! I hope you get your mojo back soon! Big hugs to you!!!