Friday, February 13, 2009

Flourishes Sneak Peek



I promised for today a peek at one of the new sets Flourishes will be releasing tonight. This set is called Signs of Spring, and it is gorgeous!! Look for all three new Flourishes sets at Stamper's Dream tonight at 9pm EST!

For me, the showpiece of the set is this large daffodil - love it! I stamped it five times on watercolor paper, heat embossed, watercolored with my water brush and re-inkers, then layered the flower using the paper tole technique. Here's a look from the side, so you can see all the dimension:




I put together this next card using the smaller flower in the set:



Again, I stamped on watercolor paper, heat embossed and watercolored. The freshness of the pale blue and yellow color combo always makes me think Spring.

Also previewing this set today are Stamper's Dream Team members Denise Marzec and Kimberly Crawford. I can't wait to see what they've done! In case you missed yesterday's preview, head to the Stamper's Dream blog for links to all the Stamper's Dream Team designers. A big thanks to Michelle, Stamper's Dream owner, for letting me play along with her awesome Dream Team!



For You:
Stamps: Signs of Spring (Flourishes)
Paper: watercolor paper, Basic Grey "Sugared" dp
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Barely Banana, So Saffron, More Mustard, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Arichoke re-inkers
Accessories: water brush, clear EP, sewing machine, SU Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain, paper piercer, Martha Stewart cornice border punch
Size: 5 1/2" square

The Richness I Achieve:
Stamps: Signs of Spring (Flourishes)
Paper: watercolor paper, Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding" (I used the back side for the pale yellow horizontal strip); K&Co's Classic K Cardstock Pad (these are pre-scored, double-sided papers sized to be an A2 card base when folded. Instead of using them as card bases, I cut them apart and use them for layering. I find them in the pre-made card kit section at my local Michael's)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Old Olive re-inkers, Antique Linen Distress
Accessories: white polka-dot ribbon (May Arts), Spellbinders tag die, Martha Stewart lace border punch, sewing machine
Size: 5 1/2" square

31 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Both are just GORGEOUS Amy!!! I love this new set...it's beautifully and you have done a wonderful job with it!!

Denise Marzec said...

Five layers on that flower?! WOWZERS, girl!! Love both cards. They're so soft and pretty!

Unknown said...

OMGosh...I LOVE all the layers on the daffodil! But then, I love BOTH cards! Beautiful colors, papers, and your designs are fabulous! Thanks, my friend. You are 'da bomb! :-)

Anonymous said...

Amy - both cards are positively exquisite. Your choice in DP and marvelous layering speaks of your keen eye for all things beautiful.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Amy!! The layering is stunning and so is your watercoloring!!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Jacqueline said...

These are both so gorgeous! I love the stitching on both and the color and images are perfect for both!

Latisha said...

Oh My goodness, both are just completely beautiful cards, such work and thought went into both of them. Picking my jaw off the floor now >"<

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - both cards are so gorgeous!!! Love the layers on the first one - wow!!! On the second - I love the wonderful colors, the ribbon and the fab sewing of yours!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my GOSH!! AMY!! Those are stunning! I ADORE what you did with the first card-the yellow with the pink and green-genius!!
Too funny that we layered the large daffodil the same way-makes me feel like, hey, I have the same ideas as fabulously talented people!!! :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
(((HUGS)))

Eva said...

WOW....this is gorgeous!!!! Love the 3D affect...stunning!!!

sylvia said...

oooh so pretty!
hugs sylvia

Renée said...

I saw the first card and I said "wow", and then I saw the second card and fell in love. Absolutely gorgeous, Amy!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Two absolutely stunning creations!! WOW!! Love the papers, the colors, the layers, the sketches, the sewing, and every little detail on each card!! You are AMAZING!! They're both works of art!

Danielle said...

Beautiful Amy! How I love daffodils - they always make me think of Spring and your cards are just so pretty! Love them!
Hugs, Danielle

Laurie said...

Amy, These cards are gorgeous. I always enjoy your blog. I've seen so many good samples & have learned a lot from them. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl you rocked this set.

Anonymous said...

You layer girl like no other! Amazing work!

jjcreations said...

Beautiful cards! Joan

Kathy Jones said...

What beautiful cards!!!! So fresh and pretty! Love the colours and all that layering on the first one!! The papers you've chosen are just perfect!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

These are both stunning, Amy! That daffodil is gorgeous!!

Linda Carson said...

Take all of the above compliments & double it...... I'm speechless!

Jennifer said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! Love them.

Unknown said...

fab amy!! girl you have the watercoloring DOWN - i cannot do it to save my life! love all the layering!

Crystal said...

Love that layered daffodil, Amy ! You do such a wonderful job with all your cards . I am always ooohing and ahhhing over them. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us .

Anonymous said...

Both cards are fabulous, I love these new stamps from Flourishes.

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, great dimension on the first card and just love the colors on both!

Candy said...

Amy could you please tell us which Basic Grey set your papers came from??? It would help us paper challenged people!! lol

Candy
moments_in_time_or@live.com

Erin Smetak said...

Hi Amy! I love how you're watercoloring turns out! So, are you just dipping your aquapainter in reinker ink? Or do you have a different type of water utensil that you use? It seems like my aquapainter lets out too much water and my stuff never turns out like yours. Thus the reason I don't watercolor! Haha!
Any hints would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Erin

Mothermark said...

Amy, your cards are so wonderful! Have you ever made a bad card? I think not! These are just beautiful in typical Amy style! What a great set this is..its gonna be a good seller I bet! You rocked this sneak peak!

Bethany Paull said...

your dimensional daffodil is incredible, not to mention your color choices.

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is gorgeous!!! I'm just getting caught up with my surfing and you will be amazed to see that I did the same treatment with the daffodil! I guess that daffodil just screams out for dimension. You did a fabulous job with this!
--Becca