Monday, February 16, 2009

Wildflower Silhouette



Today I'm showing a new set by Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs called Wildflower Silhouette. The gorgeous images in this set are derived from Anna's own wildflower photographs. Very cool!

I went for a crisp black-on-white silhouette for today by stamping and heat embossing the image on a heavy watercolor paper and then layering it over a combination of mostly neutral patterned papers with just a splash of blue. I love the versatility of silhouette stamps and I love wildflower images - can't wait to show you my other ideas! Another day, though ... today I'm knee-deep in finishing up some decorations for a Western-themed Boy Scout event coming up this weekend. Fun!



Be sure to take a look at what the other Whipper Snapper Featured Designers have put together:

Anna Wight
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sweetmissdaisy
Blog: http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/sassy_sweet_notes/

Beth Matson
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/ematson
Blog: http://nevertoooldtocolor.blogspot.com/

Jackie Pedro
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/strappystamper
Blog: http://thescallopededge.typepad.com/

Lisa Zappa
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/lzappa
Blog: http://shabbychickjunk.blogspot.com/

Tosha Leyendekker
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/stamps4funinCA
Blog: http://stamptalkwithtosh.blogspot.com/

Anna also has a new set called Signature Series which has some of the cutest "handmade by" stamps ever - check it out!

Thanks for visiting,



Stamps: Wildflower Silhouette (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: SU Bacic Black; Canson watercolor paper; "Story of Us" dp by ATD
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Spellbinders classic and scalloped oval Nestabilities and tag die, SU Top Note die and paper piercer, Robin's Nest dew drops, Offray black satin ribbon, May Arts burlap string, Martha Stewart lacy border punch, clear embossing powder

31 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally LOVE this card!

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty card, love these colors together and the layout is perfect.

Jacqueline said...

Love all the layers and beautiful papers and wonderful image!! Gorgeous!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

WOW!!! This is amazing!!!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous Amy - I love how you did the focal image. Love the colours too - works so perfectly with a silhouette image.
Hugs, Danielle

Stampin_melissa said...

Amy, you never fail to amaze me with your artwork! This is fabulous, such elegant work!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Simply Stunning Card!
Great Work!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is just beautiful, albeit labor intensive. It shows your hard work so well. Don't you just love Anna Wight's designs?

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is just beautiful, albeit labor intensive. It shows your hard work so well. Don't you just love Anna Wight's designs?

Anonymous said...

It's exquisite, like all your cards.

Tiffany said...

WOW! Great work. It's breathtaking!

Kelley said...

Ooohh!! Very cool!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful!!

Jami said...

Gorgeous!! Love that paper too!! good luck with all the boy scout stuff!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Amy. This is super wonderful! I love the way you used the big label die cut with the ovals. I think I'm going to have to CASE that! LOL

Anna's art is one of my top favorites, not to mention she is one of the nicest people.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog and oh my, your cards are so beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Jackie Pedro said...

This is STUNNING, Amy...STUNNING!!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Oh Amy, how pretty.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is TRULY stunning Amy!!

Kathy Jones said...

What can I say??? Simply stunning!!! Love everything about it!!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Beautiful card!

Dawn Easton said...

That's it!! I need lessons from you on how to make these GORGEOUS cards! Care to take a trip up here? lol...experience a nice, long, cold Canadian winter ;) haha!
Seriously, I am in LOVE with this card! So many things I adore about it!!! AWESOME card Amy!!

Norine said...

very pretty love those colors together
Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

Speechless!! Just speechless.
It's draw-dropping...AGAIN!!

I'm not green, I'm NOT...OK..I AM. LOL
Viv xxx

Denise said...

This is just stunning, Amy, and I love the splash of blue~ just gorgeous!!

Conniecrafter said...

so lovely, the framing is so pretty, love the texture paper behind the image, Great design and papers!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is gorgeous! I love all the different patterns and how they coordinate perfectly!!
--Becca

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, this is amazing! What a gorgeous card!

America said...

Oh Amy, you Blow me away with your FAB creations. Seriously. What brilliant ideas you have GF!! Thanks for always inspiring me. YOU ROCK!!!

Angel said...

WOWSERS! This card is so beautiful! I LOVE it, Amy!!!! And you're right... that Stamped by set is SO cool. too bad I just spent a fortune at ODBD! :-)

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful. Amy. Your combination of patterned cardstocks compliments the image just perfectly. Hugs from Desire