Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Tea for Two



Welcome to the My Favorite Things blog hop! You're at stop #2, so if you didn't get here by way of Kim, go back to the beginning and then come right back. Tonight (Wednesday February 4), MFT is releasing THREE new sets that you won't want to miss. Join us at 9 pm EST for a quick chat before the sets go live at 10 pm EST. You can win prizes, see loads of MFTeasers with the new sets, and get all the deets on how YOU can become MFT's next guest designer. It all happens in the MFT Member Company Forum on SCS. Hope to see you there!

I'm showing an adorable new Stephanie Fizer set called Tea for Two. How sweet is this?! I did my coloring with Prismacolors and Gamsol. All the patterned papers are from Basic Gray's Bittersweet line. I tried to create the look of the teacup sitting on a table with the wall in the background by streaking the brown dp with my Chocolate Chip ink pad to get kind of a woodgrain look and by scoring the wall to look like wainscoting (an idea I got from the fabulous Cindy Lawrence).

So glad you stopped by! Your next blog hop stop is the amazing Ana Wohlfahrt. Enjoy the HOP, and remember, you'll find an MFTreat at the very end!

Did you know this is the second MFT hop this week? Yesterday, some of the DT showed off a very special alphabet set with a "Bling 'Bet Bounce." Just in case you missed that one, start HERE! This alphabet is so unique that we gave it its own hop (well, okay, "bounce"), so you could see all the many ways to use it. At tonight's release, we'll have a downloadable tip sheet to go with this set. Ya gotta check it out!




Stamps: Tea for Two (My Favorite Things Presents)
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Bittersweet
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Prismacolors, Gamsol, blending stumps; Scor-Pal, ivory taffeta ribbon, paper piercer, foam tape, dew drops, sewing machine, Martha Stewart Cornice border punch
Size: 5 1/2" square

58 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

super job Amy.

Christina Fischer said...

Amy, this is just gorgeous! Love the layout and colors!

StampOwl said...

so sweet Amy

Jessie/knightrone said...

Good grief Amy!! This is stunning!!

JessicaK said...

So cute! I love the bunny but :D

Laurie in MN said...

Cute card. The background paper is terrific.

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous!! Love this set!!

Dianne said...

Your Tea For Two card is SO sweet...I love it!

Bonnie Lynn said...

Gorgeous! I think I'm in love with this new set already.

Carolina said...

Just darlin' Amy! Love the panelling!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, this is soooo cute! The coloring, the stitching, the "bead board" behind the image... it's all perfection!

Unknown said...

So darling, and I love the wallpaper treatment! Fantastic card Amy!

Ginny said...

another gorgeous card :0)

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous!! Love the papers and the image is adorable!!

Jodi said...

Wow ~ I just love everything about this card!

Lorelie Kim said...

All those companies you design for...how do you find time to create such GORGEOUS cards?! Who cares! just keep them coming! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Amy this is adorable! Your coloring is heavenly and every element is so perfect! You are amazing!!
--Becca

Diane said...

Loving this little tea bunny!

StampinCathy said...

Cute cute cute card and love the bunnies.

Christina Hill said...

Sweet! Love how you chose to cut out the cup. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. This is a wonderful stamp set.

Donna Baker said...

so cute! I love the 'scene' the bunny/tea cup are in

Kim said...

Wow Amy!!! Awesome card!

Lisa H. said...

beautiful, as always. great coloring!

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card! Love your walls and floor!! Amazing!

America said...

Love that BasicGrey DP, your fab Gamsol coloring, the awesome sewing you always do, and that super sweet image. Great card, again Amy. You do fabulous work and Im lovin' it all! :) TFS

Karen Motz said...

STUNNING!!! Great job with the table and wall. All your details are superb.

Kristen Carll said...

This is absolutely adorable, and I love the DP that you used! :)

Swamp Tulip said...

ADORABLE! I'm love it and adding this one to my shopping cart tonight!

Teresa

Shannan Teubner said...

This one is phenom, sistah! Love it!

Annheidel said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love that Bittersweet paper! :)

Linda said...

Beautiful! Colors are fabulous.

Carolyn King said...

how beautiful. I cannot believe how elegant you made this set look!!! Great job!

Kristi said...

Love the "wall" and "table" such a cute way to show off those bunnies!!

Karen said...

Love the whole card ... papers are delicious, stamp set is too cute and the wainscoating and table is fantastic! Thank you for sharing this idea.

Anonymous said...

This card is AMAZING! -Mila Ayers

Jenn said...

Oh my...this is too precious! ;D

Wendi Hayes said...

I love the bunny butt. Great card.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card. I think this is the first card that made me think, "Okay, I kinda like that set now." That bunnies bottom with the fuzz is just way too cute!

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute!! I love the scored (wall) background, the floor and the bunny's tail!

Melody said...

This is just pretty. All the detail! I am working on getting my zig zag stitch to look like yours!

Candice said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Amy!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my GOSH! That is SO cute, I just want to hug it!!! LOVE the colors!!!

Etha said...

this is beautiful! love that double ribbon treatment, very neat :)

Scrappy said...

Great card Amy!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awww!! Now this is just too, too sweet!! Love the scored bg! And your papers and sewing are fantastic!! Love the bunnies in the teacup too!! Fabulous card!!

Chrisd said...

You made it look so elegant and sweet at the same time.Love those bunnies.

Janna said...

This is fantastic! I love the wainscotting, what a fabulous idea and your coloring is just beatuiful! I love all the details you put into your cards!

Smiles,
janna

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Amy. Great colors and coloring!!! I think this is my favorite stamp set from MFT.

Catherine said...

LOL! cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, they are too cute!! I love that paper you used, and the beadboard is fantastic!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh WOW!!! As always this is just stunning!!! I love the deep, rich colours, the beautiful colouring and the scored BG looks fabulous!!!

Jona Panesa said...

really gorgeous card. and loved the colors you choose.

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the colours and the layout you chose. All the little extras really make this card.

Anonymous said...

This really pops luv basic gray

Alison Anderson said...

What a great card- I love the "fuzzy" bunny tail!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I love it!

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Amazing! Love the elements you've used on your card. It is beautiful.
~Lynn