Friday, May 15, 2015

Papertrey Ink May Release in Review

It's release day at Papertrey Ink! All of the new products the team has been featuring the past week will be available for purchase tonight at 10 pm EST.

I have a few more projects to share today from this fantastic release. Warning -- lots of photos!

First up, a look at Dawn's latest addition to the Enclosed line: Enclosed: Star. I did something a little different with this set, and made birthday candles! It all started when I was brainstorming Petite Places: City Station ideas and happened to notice that one of the star detail images in Enclosed: Star looks like a flame.


The colorful chevrons on the candles were stamped with Noted.



The background panel was die-cut with the largest Stitched Rectangles die. Love the look of those stitching holes!


The sentiment components are all from the Enclosed: Star stamps and dies. I just trimmed out the word "super" from the die-cut.



I attached a tiny bit of linen thread to make the candle wicks.



This next card features Center Style: Masculine stamps and dies, as well as the new Three Piece Suit patterned paper collection. What a great manly look to these products! 



I stamped and layered some of the Center Style: Masculine decorative die-cuts, then added a two-color sentiment from Keep It Simple: Father. The "DAD" up at the top and the row of tiny Soft Stone dots at the bottom are both from last month's Pencilgrams set.



On the inside, I stamped an arrow pattern in Soft Stone using one of the images from Center Style: Masculine. The sentiment, from Tucked In: Father's Day, is stamped in Enchanted Evening. Last I added more of those tiny dots from Pencilgrams, this time in Smokey Shadow.



We can't have Center Style: Masculine without a feminine version, can we? Love the gorgeous shape in Center Style: Feminine! I had some plaid left over from my Second Helping of Sunshine/Plaid Builder project earlier in the week, and used a strip of it here.



The Center Style: Feminine decorative panel was die-cut from Melon Berry card stock. The filigree ends are each stamped with an image from Center Style: Feminine. A piece of large polka dot Sheer Basics Vellum overlays a portion of the main panel.



On the vellum, I stamped a Watercolor Talk sentiment in VersaMark and heat embossed in white.



The sweet flowers are from Bitty Bouquets. Colors are Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, and Pure Poppy.



I'm really excited about the Superhero stamp set and dies, especially how well these new products work with the previously release Zappy Birthday




Here I've used Superhero stamps and dies mostly, with a few Zappy Birthday die-cuts thrown in (red comic burst and yellow lightning bolt). 


A border of black superhero masks along the top.


Speaking of masks ...


Oh my, these are so fun and so easy to make! There are two different dies, this one (Superhero Mask 2) and one that is more of a cat-eye look with points on the left and right (Superhero Mask 1). I love the more girly superhero colors just as much as the traditional colors. I die-cut and layered four masks -- one in Hawaiian Shores polka dot paper, one from a Harvest Gold pattern, one from a sparkly white card stock and the last from Smokey Shadow By offsetting them, 


I was able to add just a little extra pop of color and texture. The Smokey Shadow layer is just a partial die-ut -- I only wanted to give the mask some eyeliner (so to speak). I had to sit on my hands to keep from drawing on some big, dramatic eyelashes, too! That might have been more Mardi Gras than Superhero!



Last but not least is Southwestern Style, a unique pattern building set with trendy southwest imagery. I stamped a single image repeatedly in three different shades of pink for an ombre effect. Then I added that center diamond to each stamped image using a darker ink. It needed something so I added in the ombre sponging


It looked so much like a rug that I cut fringe onto each end.



The sentiment is white embossed on vellum and layered over a few loops of white thread, then accented with gold sequins.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


15 comments:

Grace said...

Amazing and wonderful examples of the stamp and die sets.

Grace said...

Amazing and wonderful examples of the stamp and die sets.

jan metcalf said...

Always great to see what you have designed Amy!

Jeni Jenne said...

Oh, the fringe! Perfect touch:)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Amy, every single one of your cards is awesome! The rug inspired card is so appealing!

obee said...

The little treasures on each card add so much ... the cotton thread "wicks", the 2 color sentiment, the fringe, and on... wonderful cards!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love all of your projects, Amy! Fabulous job with the new products!

Anonymous said...

Amy, your southwest ombre rug is Awesome!! I LOVE it! The birthday candles you made with the star design is so creative, too! Sue N(suen)

Diana K said...

Amy is a super star!

Cindy H. said...

Love all your cards! I'm always amazed when someone uses a stamp for other than the intended purpose like your candle flame - wow, very cool!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, Amy, these are all fabulous! Those giant candles are brilliant, and I love the fringe you created on the southwest card!!

Nancy Penir said...

In love with the rug fringe! Lovely cards and great inspiration!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

What a SUPERB array of samples you have given us today! THANKS A LOT for the INSPIRATION!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Gina said...

Amy! GET.OUT!!! (channelling my inner-Elaine Benes, LOL) that candle card is AMAZING. Love how you used Enclosed to create that!! I love it.

June Houck said...

Every project is breathtaking, Amy! Your creativity is amazing...from the wick on the candles to the fringe on the southwestern blanket. Too cool.