Saturday, May 16, 2015

Birthday Celebration - SFYTT


Hi there, it's my turn to play along with Reverse Confetti's May Sketch For You To Try. Have you tried out this sketch? If not, there's still plenty of time. The deadline is noon CST on May 29.

Here's the May sketch:



I stayed pretty true to the sketch this month. The main panel is a Let's Celebrate Quick Card Panel that I trimmed down slightly. I added a few Star Garland die-cuts and a birthday sentiment from Fancy Words Confetti Cuts die set, as well as lots and lots (and lots) of clear sequins.


The two banners were die-cut using the new Stitched Flag Trio.



I wanted to maintain a lot of white on this card, so for that left vertical background strip, I used a piece of vellum. Both the vellum and the card base underneath have a little touch of embossing paste.






Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope your weekend is amazing!






PAPER: white, teal, orange, bright pink card stock; Let's Celebrate Quick Card Panels

OTHER: white embossing paste, stencil, vellum, clear sequins