Saturday, May 1, 2010

MFTeaser: Rainfall Flopsey



Happy Saturday! Join My Favorite Things each day today through Wednesday for five days of fun-filled MFTeasers. I can't wait for you to see all the peeks of this month's release! Visit Kim at the MFT blog for a full list of designers posting teasers today.

So glad to see Flopsey back in the line-up this month! The adorable image I used today is called Rainfall Flopsey. I've colored with Copics and paper pieced the umbrella and boots. The puddle is coated with Diamond Glaze, and the clouds are cut using the new Clouds Die-namics. The cute (and bright) papers are from Jillibean Soup.

Today's card is also my {non-sample} sample for Jen's weekly Sketch For You To Try. Have a look at the sketch first:



Notice anything funny? Like that my card looks nothing like the sketch? Rest assured I have not lost my mind or my eyesight (yet) - I goofed and used next week's sketch. UGGGGGHHHH. My printer likes to rearrange things when I print, and I didn't catch the switcheroo :( The good news is next week's sketch sample is already done and tucked away safely until next weekend. And fortunately, I had a back-up Flopsey already done that I could share today :)

For some REAL sketch inspiration, visit my SFYTT sisters:

Jen del Muro with guest designer Iwona Palamountain
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Leigh O'Brien
Kelly Lunceford
Megan Lock
Jenn Diercks
Sony Christoph
Susan Liles
and our newest SFYTT sister Jodi Collins!! Woohooo and welcome!

To play along, upload your sketch card to the sketch slideshow on Jen's blog. And here's something very cool ... Jen is going to be posting the new SFYTT sketches on Friday nights over on Facebook. If you like to get an early start, just become an SFYTT fan on FB!

Here's the inside, which includes one of the sentiments from Rainfall Flopsey:



Isn't that sweet?

Hugs and happy weekend wishes from your friendly SFYTT flake,

14 comments:

Megan said...

I was afraid I was going to do the same sketchy switcheroo when I printed my sketches! I'm glad I'm not the only one! This is totally darling. I'm so glad someone paper pieced his umbrella--I'm hoping to see lots of that today. :)

Barbara said...

ACK!! How totally adorable!!! Lovin' some Flopsey with dots!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Cute! Love the mix of patterns you used and your finished inside. Have a great week-end!

Michele B said...

This is so very cute, Amy! I love the gingham umbrella and your shading on Flopsey is fantastic!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! I love it.

Kerry Johnson said...

Adorable!! Love those clouds and paper pieced umbrella! Fabulous!

Melody said...

Adorable Amy! Love those colors!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Amy!!

Anonymous said...

WOWZA!!! love that BUN!!! and with boots and an umbrella!! Super cute card!! Love the new Dienamincs!!!
jennik

g said...

super cute-inside & out!

NuttesPyssel said...

Hallo! I like your cards very much! =)

Katie Cotton said...

i love everything about this!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

ADORABLE!!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

So, So cute! I love the paper pieced umbrella!