Saturday, April 17, 2010

You're An A+



Taylored Expressions' new Make the Grade set gets an A+ in my books! How cute is this owl and the stack of books? And the customizable teacher report card?! Squeal! I've only scratched the surface of this set of 15. See all the amazing images and sentiments HERE.

I used Jen's Sketch For You To Try to get an early start on teacher appreciation cards this year. One down, six to go. Today's color combo and embellishments (or lack thereof) were chosen with my oldest son's two male teachers in mind. The blue background paper is from October Afternoon's Report Card 8x8 pad, the red card stock has been embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder, and the green vertical strip has an "A+" randomly stamped all over in white ink. I colored the sweet little owl and his stack of books with Copic markers, trimmed them out and popped them up with foam adhesive. I inked the sentiment with markers so I could get the A+ in red and the rest in black. A button with twine, mini binder clip, and row of brads add a little extra somethin'.

Here's this week's sketch:



(Yes, I did stray from the sketch a bit with that tilted report card panel, which is not part of the sketch.)

To see some more inky inspiration, visit the SFYTT gang:


Hope you'll play along! Just link your creation to today's slideshow over at Jen's.

Have a fantastic weekend!

21 comments:

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

oh Amy I LOVE this!!! What a great stamp set!!! Mmh I may have to get that one lol

Pam Speidel said...

YOU get an A+ in my book Amy!!! Always love your creations...each and every one of them! Love the sketch too and hope to play along today! :)

Karen Motz said...

This card is an A+++!!! LOVE it!!! There's so many fun things to look at and the details tie it all together. I'm loving this stamp set and we don't even have children! :)

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Amy! I agree with the others.. you definitely get an A+!!

Oliwiaen said...

The essence of an A+ male card! Love the colours and images :-))

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic, Amy! I love how you pieced some Kraft on the report card! Awesome job!!!

Gail said...

such a cute cute card!

Megan said...

Totally perfect. I love all the layers and shading.

Carmen said...

I just love that card!! What a wonderful way to encourage a child and show him that there are other important things in life to do well at besides reading, writing and arithmetic. I'm going to use this card idea for my grandkids! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Unknown said...

what a great card i love the design and the whole A* idea is fab

Amber Hight said...

Well dang girl, this is amazing!!! I love every last part of this card, I can't even pick a favorite!!! SOOOOO inspiring!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh how fantastic Amy! You showed this set off to perfection! Wonderful colors and use of the layout. How much would a teacher appreciate that!?

Emily said...

Oh my Amy! This is sooooo cute!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This card is absolutely adorable Amy! And I agree with you, that set looks fabulous!

Sarah said...

So cute - and your designs are always top of the class! Must get working on this new sketch myself now....
Sarah H

Kathy Jones said...

How awesome is this!!! I really love how you've used the sketch, the colours are fabulous and I really love this set - how perfect for end of year teacher gifts!!!

Becca Feeken said...

Oh Amy, magnificent card, magnificent sketch, magnificent job!!

Kelly said...

Darling. Love the colors, the layering and the adorable owl!

Dawn Easton said...

Totally adorable, Amy! That owl and stack of books is awesome! Love that you stamped the A+ all over that vertical panel! Fantastic card!

Conniecrafter said...

Such a terrific card to show your appreciation, I bet they will be thrilled to receive them!

Allison said...

This card is fabulous! I love all the details especially the little clip on the report card!