Sunday, May 16, 2010

May Nothing But Happiness Come Through Your Door



I have some new goodies enticing me into my craft room - Basic Grey's Cappella 6x6 pad, a new Martha Stewart border punch (Optic Dots - comes with a corner punch for the punch around the page functionality), and some of the fun seam binding that's been showing up so much lately around blogland. During some belated playtime with Jen's Sketch For you To Try, I came up with today's card. The quote and flourish are from Verve's Blessings set. They've been stamped in two different greens, die-cut with a Spellbinders Labels 10 die, and sponged with Old Paper and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. The patterned paper is also inked with distress inks, then distressed along the edges and machine stitched. A soft bow out of the cream seam binding, some ivory tulle, and ivory buttons and string finish this more-or-less neutral monochromatic card.

Here's this week's sketch:



Be sure to visit the SFYTT sisters for more inspiration:

Jen del Muro (coming soon) with guest designer Iwona Palamountain
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Jenn Diercks
Jodi Collins
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien (coming soon)
Megan Lock
Sonja Christoph
Susan Liles (coming soon)

Thanks for visiting! Hope you're having a great weekend!




Stamps: Blessings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Rustic Cream card stock, Basic Grey
Cappella 6x6 pad
Ink: Stampin' Up Always Arichoke and River Rock, Ranger
Old Paper and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Accessories: Spellbinders
Labels 10 Nestabilities, Hug Snug cream seam binding, Papertrey ivory buttons, May Arts ivory burlap string, ivory tulle, sewing machine, Martha Stewart Optic Dot Punch Set
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2)

29 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy, how beautiful is that sentiment
x

Allison said...

So soft and pretty! Love the stitching!

Karen Motz said...

This is stunningly soft and beautiful!!! LOVE it!!!

Niki Estes said...

Gorgeous card, Amy, and I love that sentiment!

Oliwiaen said...

Love the soft, delicate and elegant vintage look of the card, and the sentiment too.

pescbrico said...

Your card is wonderful! I so love your style. Have a great day.

Nowalinka said...

Very delicate and beautiful card :)

Laurie said...

Just gorgeous, Amy!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Amy!!! This is so gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So beautiful Amy.

Maureen said...

Fabulous, Amy...simply fabulous!! I love the cream on cream on cream!! LOL I have 2 orders of that seam binding coming and can't wait to use it...although, I just found an old thread/fibre pack I got from a friend (who I think got it at Michaels eons ago) and it has some purple seam binding on it!!! So I can use it in the meantime :)

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

oh this is gorgeous Amy!!! The paper is downright dreamy!! Truly lovely creation!!

Unknown said...

WOW! Stunning yet again Amy!!
Hugs Viv xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Amy! So elegant! Love it girl!

Jennifer said...

Sooo pretty and soft! I love the quote. Beautiful as always : )

Jenn Diercks said...

This is simply gorgeous. I love your new border punch. It adds the perfect lacy detail to your card. This is fantastic!

Debbie said...

Very lovely. I really like how vintage you made it look. It was well worth the wait.

AHadley said...

Hi Amy,
I check your blog religiously and realized that I hardly ever post. Just wanted you to know that you are one of my card heros and I always love your creations!

Marisa said...

I just LOVE cream and the cream on cream is gorgeous! I have this nestie shape at the to of my wish list as it frames sentiments so nicely. Great DP and details. Lovely card!

Kathy Martin said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE all the cream! :)

Susie said...

Amy,
This is beautiful! I love the neutral monochromatic look - a stunning look.

Conniecrafter said...

Stunning, love all the tans it gives it that classic vintage feel!

Lillian Child said...

Absolutely stunning card, Amy! I have seam binding on my "to get" list - love the soft look it gives your card!

Chris said...

just gorgeous.

Marimer said...

Mamma mía, es una maravilla, elegante y preciosa, enhorabuena, desbes estar orgullosa de hacer cosas tan fantásticas como está.
Bss.

dpkennedy said...

Stunning elegance!

Kathy Jones said...

*GASP* Oh Amy this is SO STUNNING!!! LOVE the sheer elegance of this gorgeous monochromatic card - every detail is so perfect and that sentiment is wonderful!!! LOVE IT!!!

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning Amy, I love this card.

Anke

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This card is so beautiful! I love everything about it! Simply gorgeous!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane