Sunday, May 30, 2010

MFTeaser: Fred Bear and the Butterfly



It's Day Three of Teaser time at My Favorite Things. Today, we're showing peeks of three new sets that will be releasing this Wednesday, June 2. I chose to work with the cutie-pie Fred Bear and the Butterfly. Love this new(ish) character! Be sure to visit Kim anytime after 11 am (EST) for links to all of today's teasers.

I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink onto Watercolor Wonder Cardstock and watercolored with my Tombow markers and a water brush. Kim has had Watercolor Wonder Cardstock in the MFT store for a few months now, but this is the first time I've tried it. I'm impressed! The colors blend and move very nicely, and the surface is a little smoother than the watercolor paper I normally work with. It also seems a bit thinner and easier to hand-cut (but still nice and sturdy), which I really appreciated when it came time to trim Fred Bear.

The designer papers are American Crafts Dear Lizzy. I die-cut the sun with MFT's new Die-namics Sunshine die (also releasing Wednesday) and hand-stitched the perimeter. The cork strips are die-cut with the Die-namics Jumbo Scallops edge die (temporarily out of stock). Do you know MFT is carrying cork now? I've been using up some Magic Scraps cork from my stash, but if you're looking for a source for cork, look no further :)

Mark your calendars for MFT's release party this Wednesday, June 2, from 8-10 pm in the MFT Forum on Splitcoast. At 10 pm, we'll have our new release blog hop, beginning with Kim.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your weekend!



Stamps: Fred Bear and the Butterfly (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and Aqua Mist card stock, Watercolor Wonder Cardstock, American Crafts Dear Lizzy designer paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Tombow watercolor markers, water brush, foam boosters, needle and thread, MFT Die-namics Sunshine and Jumbo Scallops dies, Papertrey Aqua Mist ribbon, Webster's Pages Green Vintage Cut trim, distressing tool, Stampin' Up mini library clip
, Magic Scraps cork

27 comments:

Marimer said...

I have a few days without going and have a few jobs that had not been amazing. This last scene I love all you've done, beautiful, beautiful.
Besitos.

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Amy

Anonymous said...

Remember when I said I loved you...while I think it might turn into more of a 'stalker obssessed' thing now! LOL Look at how cute this is, totally rocks girlfriend!

Kathy Martin said...

So precious! LOVE it! :)

Barbara said...

Just fabulous, Amy!! Love the colors, love the layout, love IT!

Jenyfur said...

I could just frame this and put in on the wall in my girls' room - absolutely adorable.

Christina Fischer said...

WOW, Amy -- just WOW. :)

dolcreations said...

Oh my word this is so stinkin cute! I love how you have layered your card! Love those little clips too! wow!

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh AMY, this is just ADORABLE!!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Oh Amy! This is absolutely gorgeous!! The colouring, the cork, ribbon, and trim. Love that clip and sun too! Just Wow!

Dawn B. said...

You always have the beary best layers on your cards.. :) This is adorable.. I love the way you colored your image. Super job..

Allison said...

Such a cute image - love the way you coloured him!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Completely fabulous!! Love it!!

Melody said...

That cork, great lace, the sun!! Wonderful details!

Kelli Hull said...

SEW CUTE! LOL

Great card and it's SO fun... that shading you did... WOW!!!! Fred is definately in the sunshine!!!!!

Megan said...

I love:
1. the sun
2. Fred's coloring
3. the side profile of the butterfly
4. the sentiment's little clip
5. the card!!

Sarah said...

Oh, just so cute! Your watercoloring is fantastic. I'll have to give this new watercolor wonder paper a try.

Julie said...

WOW, Amy this is just gorgeous! I love the whole thing! You are a rock star!

Jennifer said...

I just love your style of cards! This is just SO ADORABLE! LOVE it all!!!

Jody Morrow said...

WOW, I love every little thing about this card. It is nothing short of FABULOUS! WOW!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I'm with Jody...EVERY little thing! This is perfect!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh too much cuteness

Oliwiaen said...

Bear-y sweet!!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wow...love it!! Love the layout, love the colors!!!
Greetings Janine

Denise Marzec said...

AWESOME coloring!!!

Cindy Lee said...

I am so inspired by you already!!!! I'm in cards heaven!

dpkennedy said...

So, so, so stinkin' cute! Love it!