Sunday, January 31, 2010

MFTeaser: Dance the Night Away



Today, My Favorite Things is showing some peeks at three new sets, Dance the Night Away, Clearly Sentimental About Emerson, and Twisted Threesome. I chose to work with the new Amanda Baird set, Dance the Night Away. I love the sentiments in this set especially! On the front, I stamped just a portion of one of the sentiments, "Dancing Uplifts the Soul," and then on the inside, I included another sentiment, a quote that reads: "Stifling the urge to dance is bad for your health. It rusts your spirit and your hips." A good friend of mine and I have been debating singing up for some adult dance lessons. I think I'll give this to her along with the schedule at our local dance studio. I hope she doesn't see my blog today!


Here's the finished inside:




And a closer look at the sentiment treatment on the front:



And last, at the risk of magnifying all of my coloring and blending boo-boos, I wanted you to see the sparkle on her dress, which I did by coloring over the entire dress with a clear Spica pen:




Tune in to the MFT blog after 11 am EST, where Kim will post a full list of designers showing MFTeasers today. Enjoy!




Stamps: Dance the Night Away (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Close to My Heart Cocoa and Papertrey Vintage Cream card stock; Kaiser Craft Duchess dp collection
Ink: Ranger Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen Distress Inks, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, Spellbinders petite oval Nestabiltiies, tag die, and fourish accents, Offray satin ribbon, lace trim, Zva crystals, MFT Princess Pearls, Professional Touch HotFix Crystal Applicator, Prima roses, silver cord, foam tape, sewing machine

40 comments:

Shannon Kraft said...

Beautiful! I love how you went with a non black/white color scheme (though those were great too). Such pretty details!

Kerry Johnson said...

Ha ha - colouring and blending boo boo's - you're too funny Amy!! I don't see any!! I love your colouring and the shading is perfect!! Those flowers are perfect embellishments! Love this!

Simone P. said...

This is very beautiful!

Gabriela said...

Amy - your dancing card is glorious! Truly breath taking. I bow to you as I am SO not worthy.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You are seriously stellar! This is so stunning and the colours are so fresh & lovely. Your details are sheer perfection & don't even get me started on your colouring. WowZA! :O)

veronica said...

the sparkle on her dress is very nice, and i love the shadows underneath too.

Jana Weaver said...

wow...this is stunning!! Love the rosebuds, and the sparkly dress is just perfect!!

g said...

breathtaking- it is all gorgeous! her dress and all the sweet details are amazing!

Tracey said...

SImply stunning! I love this gorgeous creation!!

Melody said...

So beautiful and elegant! Such a pretty color combination! I bought some of the roses at CHA, they are so pretty!

Mimi H. said...

Beautiful card Amy. Don't knock yourself down. Your coloring is pretty good.

Chris said...

so pretty and girlie. I just love it.

Country Mouse said...

Stunning card!!! Love the embellies and shimmer!

Niki Estes said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Amy! I just love everything you create!

Michelle Woerner said...

OMG! This is just gorgeous. I am saving this for inspiration. I love the trim on the left and all the swirls and rhinestones. Sigh...

Hey, it was AMAZING to hang with you last week. I am really glad we got to know each other and I can call you friend. Hugs to you!

Julie Dinn said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Amy! I LOVE the colors you choose. The embellishments and ribbon are just perfect! Who knew she could look even more elegant!

Dotty Jo said...

Amy, she is gorgeous - love all that sparkle with the spica pen! Wonderful!!! Jo x

Megan said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Totally gorgeous. I love the colors and how soft it is. Beautiful!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely STUNNING, girl! Love the sparkle on her dress! {{hugs}}

Christina Fischer said...

So beautiful! Your embellishments are gorgeous!

Sherrie said...

Mmmmm, exquisite coloring Amy! I can truly appreciate the time it took to cover that entire dress with the clear spica pen....oh does it shimmer! Did you know there is a prototype out there of a wide clear spica....I'm hoping it hits summer CHA! It was so nice to see you!

Kelli Hull said...

Gee, can I have "blending boo boo's" like yours???? LMAO

This card is TOTALLY classy and SO carries a different look to it from the other sneeks, proving it's EXTREMELY Versatile depending on your needs!!!! YAY!!!!!

Marisa said...

Darling card, Amy! Love the sparkly dress and accented waist band. Fabulous ribbons and flowers. I'm sure your friend will love it. As for the dance lessons - go for it!! Life is too short not to enjoy fun opportunities like this and what a wonderful memory maker :D

Anonymous said...

Love that sparkly dress!!! If only I coould have blending booboo's like yours!! What a great card.
jenni

Kim said...

Heavens to Betsy this is beautiful Amy! Oh those little roses? Be still my heart!

StampOwl said...

stunning Amy

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl so ELEGANT!!

Beth Norman said...

Soooooooooo beautiful. I love what you did with this darling image. I've got to have this stamp set!!!!!

Michele Boyer said...

So incredibly elegant, Amy! Those flowers and the bits of sparkle on the dress are absolutely perfect!

Jami said...

oh, sooooo gorgeous! Love the colors, and what a fantastic image! Your coloring rocks!!

Kathy Jones said...

OK, I know I say this all the time, but WOW, this is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the vintage feel of this card and the peach tones really pop against the neutrals!!! I just love all your detailing, it just makes your cards so amazing!!!

Barbara said...

I'm totally loving your color scheme, Amy!! Love those soft vintage colors and, of course, your coloring is FLAWLESS.

Renée said...

oh, Amy, this is FABULOUS! Love the image, LOVE your colouring and all the wonderful details!

Judy Covey said...

I love your card and image Amy and can't wait until later today when the new sets are released.

scrapdictive said...

I love this card and it's colouring.

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabo card - Amy!!! You've made this image looks amazing!!! Hugs ~S~

Tammy E. said...

Another "wow" card! It's beyond elegant. Beautiful.

Karen Motz said...

This is STUNNING!!! LOVE your colouring and all the wonderful details, but the glittery dress tops it all!!!

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

WOW, I'm speechless. xo, Marian
(www.StudioMbyMarian.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...

Your colouring Amy is absolutely first class! I say this every time I visit...but then you never EVER, stop astounding me with your wonderful creations. Your shading on her dress is to die for and to aim for.
Hugs Viv xx