Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Men ...



It's Tuesday again, which brings another Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge. This is my last SSD sketch, and I just want to say another big thank you to Heather for having me as the guest sketch designer for January!

I've saved one of my favorite sets for last - Funny about Men. Check out the rest of the sentiment, which I included on the inside of the card:



Wouldn't this be great for a girlfriend going through a break-up? Click HERE to see the rest of this hilarious set! [UPDATE: When you click on that link, you'll see a "no image" graphic. Click on it anyway, and you should see the whole set. Sorry for the extra step, but it's worth it.] It got the big eye-roll from my husband, but a hearty chuckle as well :)

For my card, I stamped the man in Spring Moss, then overstamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black. I cut a a ring out of the grey grid patterned paper and then added the hand-cut arrow at the upper right to make the male gender symbol. For the horizontal band on the sketch, I went with a length of twill (I've been using a lot of twill lately) topped with some black buttons.

And here's the sketch my card front is based on:



As always, we'd love to have you play along! Use keyword: SSD09 when you upload to online galleries. Skipping Stones Design stamps are not required.




Stamps: Funny About Men (Skipping Stones Design)
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black and Very Vanilla; Cosmo Cricket "Boyfriend" collection (6x6)
Ink: Papertrey Spring Rain, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Spellbinders circle Nestabilities, Stampin' Up twill, Papertrey buttons, May Arts burlap string, Stampin' Up spiral punch, sewing machine, foam adhesive

24 comments:

Pat said...

Too funny! Thanks for a good laugh today and great job on the card.

EileenMV said...

This card is so funny!!! Love it!

Barbara said...

TOTALLY fun, Amy!!!

Allison said...

Great card! What a fun sentiment!

leslie said...

HA! I NEED this set. Thanks!

FYI - the link has no image. ;-(

Niki Estes said...

ha ha ha That is so cute, Amy!!

Country Mouse said...

OMG! So funny, yet so true!!!! Love it!!!

Alex said...

What a great, fun card - totally made me giggle out loud!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this great masculine card! Funny

Jekka said...

LOL That was a much needed laugh today. Awesome card as always.

Blessings

Amanda said...

Awesome card, awesome sketch! Basically, you're awesome and your sketches have rocked! Thank you!!!

Jen Tapler said...

Oh, this is FANTASTIC Amy!!! - both the stamp and your card! Saw you in some CHA pics today and was stomping my foot that I didn't get to go! Would have loved to play with you!! I'm sure you had a blast! I haven't decided yet if I'm happy for you or if I'm still just too focused on my own jealousy to be happy for anyone else yet...LOL!

Dawn Easton said...

Such a FUN card, Amy! Love the buttons you added to the ribbon!

So glad I got to meet and hug you...you are so flippin' cute!

WhiteRacoon said...

Awesome idea! Funny, yet very true to life. Thank you for sharing! That's a good example of something more original than "Happy bday" card =) Love it!

Crystal said...

What a hoot! A really fun set and you have done a fab job with it !

Oliwiaen said...

Hilarious! Can anyone disagree?? :-)))
A beautiful card too, great inspiration for all "boy" cards :-)

Conniecrafter said...

oh that is just too funny, love your design, great card!

Lea L. said...

Tee hee hee....this so cracks me up! Love the design of this card...and that sentiment is just awesome!

♥Lea

America said...

LOL! ADORABLE CARD!!!!!!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Too, too funny! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

Kimberly Crawford said...

I am cracking up here!! LOL!!!
It was SO SO SO great to meet you at CHA! I wish we could have spent more time visiting!! Oh well, someday!!
Thanks for all your amazing inspiration!! ((((HUGS)))

dpkennedy said...

Oh, I have seen that saying before and it's so funny! I love the papers you used with this sketch! What a great card to send to a friend!! Love this Amy, too cute!

Nancy said...

Fantastic card! Made me giggle!

Heidi Karpen said...

Love it! I had to share this with others!