Monday, February 1, 2010

MFTeaser: You Make the Grade



We're on Day Three of this month's My Favorite Things Teasers, and it's all about Pure Innocence today! We have three new images in this very popular line. Be sure to visit Kim at the MFT blog anytime after 11 am to see a full list of the designers who are posting today. You won't want to miss a single one of these cuties!

I chose to work with You Make the Grade. So many possibilities for this set - school days mini albums, notebooks for kids, backpack tags, scrapbook pages, and so much more. With teacher appreciation week coming in May, I decided to get a jump start by making a teacher gift item. Not too long ago, my daughter and I found oodles of chipboard albums in the dollar section at Michael's. I hardly ever do mini albums, but I absolutely cannot resist chipboard, so I brought home quite a few of these (great shapes, too - flower, butterfly, teapot, house, plus lots of label and tag shapes). I decorated two of the "pages" from an apple-shaped album for the front and back of my gift box/bag. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket's Boyfriend line, and the die-cut stickers are from October Afternoon's Report Card line. The image is colored with Copics, then trimmed out.

To create the bag, take an 8 1/2" x 6 3/4" piece of heavy cardstock (I used Papertrey's Vintage Cream), score at 2 1/4" on all four sides, like this:





cut along the score lines as shown:





then fold it into a box ...




and adhere it to the chipboard front and back, as shown:




I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put in here, maybe some treats in a cellophane bag or maybe some mini notecards and envelopes?

Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow, we're introducing a brand-new artist, whom you're sure to love!



Stamps: You Make the Grade (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend and Nutmeg, MFT Perfect Paper Panel
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers, foam adhesive, circle Nestabilities, October Afternoon Report Card die-cut stickers, Papertrey buttons and twine, SU spiral punch, stapler, ivory acrylic paint, chipboard album, Scor-Pal

45 comments:

Gabriela said...

Amy your apple box/gift renders me speechless. It's THAT beautiful!

Country Mouse said...

OMG! This is so precious!!! Love it!

Jackie Pedro said...

Shut Up!!! This is so adorable! Thank you for the toot!!!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous, Amy!! She is ADORABLE! I love how you are always finding things to use in your stash (my problem is that I buy things then I forget abt them...:))

Harriet Skelly said...

Amy that apple box is so cute! Thanks for the tutorial! I love every PI and this is no exception. Have a great day!

Christina Fischer said...

LOVE it!!! Every detail is fantastic! :)

Melody said...

This is so cute! I bought that chipboard at Michaels too! Such great shapes. I just love your coloring!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This gets an A+++++ ;o) LOVE the shape. What a brilliant idea & the layout--absolute Genius!

Elaine Wilson said...

Adorable idea.....excellent job!

Megan said...

I wish I had as much talent as you do in your pinky finger! This is totally perfect and I love how you used the chipboard--who thinks of that?!?! Awesome project!

Kim said...

WOWSERS!

Janiel/ janny said...

Amy, THis is ADORABLE!!!!! WOW is a good word for it!!!

Love the papers and that cute little image.
COlors are FAB!!
hugs, Janiel

Barbara said...

Just too clever, Amy!! Love every single thing about it!!!

Gretchen said...

How adorable! Love these PI girls!

Kerry Johnson said...

ACK!! This is so adorably cute!! Love the apple shape and all the details Amy!

Kitty Rodahl said...

This is THE cutest thing I have ever seen, Amy!!! I teach 1st grade and this may have to be a first day of school treat holder for my colleagues!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cute and absolutley wonderful!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh way to ADORABLE!!

Dotty Jo said...

She's so gorgeous! Amy, you are amazing - love the way you used the vowels!!!! Jo x

Unknown said...

You my girl are simply amazing!!!
This is wonderful.
Hugs Viv xx

Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS!!! SO cute!!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me! Thanks so much for sharing!!

StampOwl said...

oh wow ... this is fantastic Amy

Julie Dinn said...

Just adorable Amy! I love the apple chipboard! So cute!

Cindy Lawrence said...

BEEE-U-TIFUL!!! Your project is amazing, as always, girl! You take the most incredible photos...I think I need lessons! When can you come up to NH??? {grin}

Michele Boyer said...

Fantastic, Amy! I LOVE the apple box! You're just so creative!

Karen Motz said...

Gasp...thud...oh, that's just my jaw hitting the floor. I feel like a broken record when I comment on your blog, but everything you make is OUTSTANDING!!! :)

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fantastic!!!

Jana Weaver said...

What a great little box! Love the papers you used too...gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Love this so much! What an adorable gift for a lucky teacher!

Beth Norman said...

Very clever. Lucky us that you found that bargain chipboard. So creative--I LOVE IT!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh what an awesome 3D project! Love the idea of creating a bag with it! How fun! Your details are perfect, as always ;)

Wanda Peña said...

I love it!! your work is gorgeous!! as always!!
Wanda Peña
from Dominican Republic!

Christine H said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! I have tons of chipboard albums too but I never would've thought of making an adorable gift like that!!! Ah! I just can't wait to make one!

g said...

just amazing! what an awesome project! you always create such fantastic & wonderful projects- thanks for the constant inspo!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh WOW, Amy!! WOW, WOW, WOW, and WOW!!! Probably a few more WOW's are needed!!
It was SO wonderful to meet you at CHA! It would have been great to have more time to visit, and duh, take a photo!!! :) ((((HUGS))))

Conniecrafter said...

is that ever just the cutest little thing, I so love all your embellishing, it just came together perfectly!!

Vina said...

I just popped in from your SCS card link & I love this project even more with the box center! I can't wait to try this..need to run to Mike's for chipboard books!
Thanks a bunch for sharing the tutorial!!

Denise Young said...

adorable!

Anonymous said...

amy this is a fantastic idea! i grabbed a whole bunch of those too!! i am doing a purse mini album right now but i like your idea of gift boxes!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH HOW SWEET is this?!? This is seriously the cutest idea and you couldn't have made it cuter on the outside-she's so sweet and the background dp's, etc. are adorable!!!

Feenie said...

So very cute--as always.
You are such a talented woman!!

America said...

oh my, I too have those apple chipboards from Michael's and have been wondering what/how on earth to create with them, now I have a great inpirational start here... YOU ROCK GF!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Kim Etherington said...

Too adorable.. a little apple shaped box. You're so talented.

Latisha said...

love love love this!!!

Libby Hickson said...

This is such a fantastic project, Amy! And wow, your coloring is so wonderful - have you ever done a tutorial on coloring hair that maybe I missed?? Wishing - because I'd love some pointers!!