Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ornamental Love



Well, I'm back from sunny Southern California. It feels like I've been gone from here forever, and yet the three days at CHA flew by in a blur. How does that work? I'll post some show favorites just as soon as I can get my pictures all together in one place. Good stuff coming!

In the meantime, I have something to share that I put together this afternoon. It sure was good to get back to stamping! Michelle gave me this gorgeous new Hero Arts set, Speckled Ornaments, at CHA, and I couldn't wait to get home and play with it. When I saw Julia's textiles challenge on Splitcoast this morning, I knew this was the perfect set. The images work beautifully on fabric. I used some very inexpensive muslin and stamped with two different colors of VersaMagic ink - Tea Leaves first and then Jumbo Java applied just around the outside. I frayed the edges of the fabric panel and machine-stitched to the paper panel just behind it.

The papers are from my beloved Life Stories Collection I by My Mind's Eye. The "LOVE" sentiment is one of the paper die-cuts included in the Life Stories kit. Embellishments include a Prima flower (love, love, love these!), some woven burlap trim, ivory burlap string, and some Champagne Kaiser pearls. The scallop border was cut with one of the Spellbinders Fancy Scalloped Border Piercabilities, and the card base mats were machine stitched and distressed with Ranger's Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress inks.

Here's a detail shot of the fabric panel. Perhaps I should have ironed it?? :)




Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a great week!


Stamps: Speckled Ornaments (Hero Arts)
Paper: My Mind's Eye Life Stories Collection I, Papertrey Kraft
Ink: VersaMagic Tea Leaves and Jumbo Java, Ranger Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Accessories: muslin fabric, sewing machine, Prima flowers, May Arts woven trim and ivory burlap string, Kaiser Craft pearls, Spellbinders fancy scalloped border piercabilities, foam tape

26 comments:

Chris K said...

Love this card. The fabric is perfect as is - the slight puckering add to the texture and interest. Thanks for sharing.

EileenMV said...

I love this card - love the earth tones & the image too - great job!

Valerie said...

I was so happy to share dinner and spend time with you at Jazz Kitchen. That was so fun!
Did you have fun spending Michelle's $$ ? :)

Trisha Klempel said...

Beautiful card just as it is! I'm really enjoying your work and finding so much inspiration here on your blog. Thanks for sharing!!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card, I had to take a 2nd look at it as it looked very similar to a set I just got. It looks great on fabric!!! Beautiful color combination as well.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, and I don't think you needed to iron it.

Shantaie said...

this is just fantastic..I love stamping on fabric!

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding artwork!

Anthonette said...

Such a fun card! Made me chuckle.

Heather said...

Amy, this card is just a super stunner! No suprise there! LOL...LOVE the new blog banner as well! Something fresh and fun! Hugs!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful, Amy! So happy I got to see you last weekend!

Kathy Jones said...

What an incredible job you did with the textile challenge!!! Love the antique feel of this card - the muslin, flower and burlap look fantastic together!!!

Melody said...

This is really pretty Amy! I love the stamping on the fabric. It was so fun to meet you!!

Nowalinka said...

Beautiful card, i love them! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is beautiful! Love the stamping on fabric and frayed edges!! Gorgeous!
Loved meeting you at CHA! You are so stinkin' adorable and super duper friendly!!! Wish we had more time to spend together, but maybe next time???

Gabriela said...

Hands down your stamped muslin is the best I've seen. Amy, your card is just beautiful. TFS.

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! I love fabric on a card!

Barbara said...

Perfectly lovely, Amy!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy! I knew you would do something awesome with that stamp set! And no, I don't think you should have ironed it. I love it just as it is! :)

Carolyn King said...

Ohhh Love this Amy! So glad to have had the chance to hang out at CHA!!! You are as sweet as you are talented!!!

stampmonkey said...

Hi, Amy! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. ;) I stop by your blog regularly to see your beautiful creations, though I typically don't take the time to comment. This card is no exception --stunningly beautiful! I love how you stamped on fabric, and those colors are some of my favorites. Wonderful card, as always. ;)

Deborah Anton said...

HI Amy!! What a beautiful card!! I love the stamping on Muslin....
It was so wonderful to meet you at CHA! You are so sweet and wish we had more time to spend! The days did fly by didn't it??

Angel said...

Girl, if I haven't told you before, I am telling you now... YOU know how to embellish better than anybody I know! Have a SWEET day! {{hugs}}

Sara Henton said...

Just beautiful!!

Glad you got home ok!! So glad I got to meet you in person. Hope I get to again soon.

America said...

what a lovely look for this GREAT vintage card!! and of course I LOVE YOUR always perfect Fab embellishments/details!

Joy said...

Hi Amy

I am new to the world of blogging and have only just recently this year started my own blog, I have followed blogs of course and have now just started to leave comments on people's blogs, but I just wanted to say that I love following your blog and this card that you have made is jaw dropping beautiful.

Hugs

Joy