Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MFT Blog Hop: Lovin' From the Oven


Welcome to the My Favorite Things Lovin' From the Oven blog hop! If you arrived here from Jessie, then you're in the right place. If you've just happened to stop by on your own, you'll find the beginning of the hop with Kim.

Today, we're showcasing this month's VIP kit. What is the VIP kit? It's a chance for you to get one of next month's not-yet-released stamp sets a whole two weeks early. Not only do you get the stamp set, but you also get a bundle of fun coordinating product. This month's kit includes the Lovin' From the Oven stamp set, Bakery Blend Buttons, Bakery Blend Ribbons, Sugar Glass Glitter, and a Sakura Clear Glaze Pen. Plus, receive a FREE Clearly Sentimental about Food stamp set (value $9)! That's some value for your buck! But hurry, the VIP kit is available one day only (today, January 20)!

As you've seen along the hop, in Lovin' from the Oven, our Who's That Girl gets domestic, mixing up all kinds of tasty delights in her cozy kitchen. Oh, the possibilities with this set! I really, really {heart} this one! A while back, I found small, wooden, toy rolling pins along the checkout aisle at Jo-Ann's and picked up a few, thinking surely they'd be fun to incorporate into a future papercrafting project of some sort or another. As soon as I saw MFT's new Lovin' From the Oven set, I knew it was time to use one! I decided to make a wall hanging of the "Recipe For A Happy Life" poem. You've probably seen this, or one of its various iterations, before. If not, here are the words:


Recipe for a Happy Life

Take twelve whole months.
Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness,
hate, and jealousy.
Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.

Now cut each month into twenty-eight, thirty, or thirty-one different parts.
But don't make up the whole batch at once.
Prepare it one day at a time.

Mix well into each day:
one part Faith
one part Patience
one part Courage
and one part Work

Add to each day one part of Hope, Faithfulness, Generosity, and Kindness.
Blend with one part Prayer, one part Meditation,and one Good Deed.
Season with a dash of Good Spirit, a sprinkle of Fun, a pinch of Play,
and a cupful of Good Humor.

Pour all of this into a vessel of Love.
Cook thoroughly over Radiant Joy, garnish with Smiles, and serve with Quietness,
Unselfishness, and Cheerfulness.



Here's what the completed project looks like:



And here's a detail shot of the main image, which is done with a combination of paper piecing (dress, apron), Copic markers (skin, bowl), and Prismacolor pencils (background and shadowing):



And last, here's the recipe, which I printed on the computer using the Goudy font:



How about that Basic Grey Nook & Pantry paper collection that I used on this project? PERFECT for this set!! Did you know MFT now carries Basic Grey 6x6 pads? You'll find them in the Brand-Spankin' New category.

That's it for me! To finish up the blog hop, head on over to the sweet and supremely talented Joanne Basile!

Enjoy the hop!



Stamps: Lovin' From the Oven (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate and Vintage Cream card stock, Basic Grey Nook & Pantry dp
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain Distress ink
Accessories: Copic markers, Prismacolor pencils, foam adhesive, Papertrey buttons and twine, toy rolling pin (from Jo-Ann's), EK Success scallop border punch, sewing machine, computer-generated font

52 comments:

StampOwl said...

Oh what an awesome addition to any kitchen! Love it Amy

Cindy Haffner said...

Hey Amy how COOL is this!!!

Vicki G said...

Love your project! Way way cool Amy!

Vicki

Liz said...

Thanks for that poem...now I have to add this to my list of things to make ! Just gotta CASE this one !

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh, words cannot describe this project! It's just too fabulous for words! I love that "recipe"! It's wonderful!

Melody said...

I am in AWE of your creativity! I love this!

Lisa said...

WOW what a great project...I may case this for my own kitchen as this would fit in perfectly!!!

Steffi said...

Great project and the receipe is wonderful ! I like it very much !

Sarah Gough said...

Ok, this is TOO cute! The mini rolling pin as a hanger is just darling.

June Houck said...

Sweetest Amy, is there anything you don't create that isn't perfect to every last detail? This is perfectly lovely; the "recipe" and the BG N&P papers and the ribbon and the mini rolling pin and...

xoxoxo,
June

fairie said...

Great project!! Love it and I want to try it.

xoxo

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous creation. Love the colours and design. Brilliant idea.
Hugs
Desire

artpiaskownica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oliwiaen said...

I love absolutely everything about this project!! The poem is awesome, and the way you "decorated" it is so original! I'm going to see if I have any "kitchen" stamps!

Judy Covey said...

Your wall hanging Recipe for a Happy Life is outstanding! Definitely something that I would attempt to do. Thanks so much for sharing and keep up the fantastic work.

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwwww, awesome project! I LOVE the look of that main image all paper pieced with shadowing, and the rolling pin at the top is just PERFECT. Again, SUCH a great project. I love it!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Amy! I love how you mix different mediums to create such wonderful projects!

Kim said...

That is FABULOUS Amy! I think I know what I'm giving for Mother's Day!

Christina Fischer said...

ACK!!!! This is such a fantastic project! It's gorgeous, Amy! :)

Allison said...

Gorgeous project. Love that "recipe!"

Erika M. said...

What a super idea - love it!

stampqueen said...

What a beautiful project - I think I have just found what I am making for Christmas presents next year!!!

Anonymous said...

Where ever do you come up with your project ideas? This is fabulous!! Perfect in every way!! Is this a gift or for yourself? :) Honestly I think it's too wonderful to give a way.

Megan said...

I just love when the hop comes to your blog! You always have something a little different! Love this too!

Barbara said...

You *never* cease to amaze and inspire me with your ideas and execution and this time is no exception. Just so creative and beautiful, Amy.

Unknown said...

What a FABULOUS decor piece. I love the poem, I love all your beautiful elements. Just gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is beyond awesome!! I absolutely love it!!

Linda said...

How cute is that! Love it!

Gretchen said...

What a fun project and thanks for sharing the poem! My MIL would love this (into my book of things to make!)

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is so neat! I love how it hangs from a real mini rolling pin!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Oh, wow, Amy. You've done it again -- left me speechless. And you know that's nearly IMPOSSIBLE! Well done, girlfriend. Love every single thing about this.

hobbydiva said...

Om my Amy! I don't know what to say.... STUNNING would probably come close! I love that saying. Thanks for sharing it!!!!

Lee - grandmalee said...

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing the recipe...I've lost it over the years. I love your piecing & color choices. Nice work! I'm making recipe albums for my kids for Christmas this year, so these stamps will be perfect!

kafranci said...

That is soooo cute!!!

Dina said...

Totally fabulous!! Love the layout, colors and paper piecing. Love the poem, it is fantastic!

Chris said...

it's beautiful and what a lovely decoration for a kitchen.

Tracey said...

Amy, this is so gorgeous! What an awesome project!!

Christi Flores said...

OMG this is amazing!!!

Jekka said...

This is darling!!! What a great thing to add to a wedding gift or a new home gift instead of a tag.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

adorable! and LOVIN that new blog banner girl!!!

Michele Boyer said...

You are so darn creative, Amy! This is just clever as can be and SO fabulous!

Jana Weaver said...

Wow, this is stunning! I hadn't seen that poem before, and it goes perfectly with this set!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Amy! Can't WAIT to see you at CHA! Safe travels, my friend! :)

~Etoile~ said...

what a nice project it's a good idea!!!
Congrat.

reeree62 said...

Amy, I am totally impressed with this project! Every element of it is perfect!!! I just love it. And I have to say, you did an amazing coloring/shading job too...WOWZA!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So clever and GORGEOUS Amy!! Love your recipe!!!

Lisa T said...

How creative! I love the idea of a wall hanging. It would make a great gift.

Anonymous said...

What a great project!!! :)
jennik

Conniecrafter said...

such a wonderful project, love your paper piecing, neat idea with the rolling pin, and love that saying, I hadn't heard it before.

dpkennedy said...

This is just wonderful! Your project is awesome! My grandmother had something similar in her kitchen...about how to preserve a husband. This is just so sweet!

kadie said...

Beautiful beautiful!! You always have the freshest ideas...seemingly endless! Thanks for inspiring us all, Amy!

Karen said...

Just BEAUTIFUL--- I love the poem also. Thanks for sharing with us.