Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Piece of My Heart



These lovey-dovey hedgies are part of a Penny Black clear set called Piece of My Heart. Aren't they the sweetest? I did my coloring with Copic markers, added some crystal ultrafine glitter using a quickie glue pen, then sponged around the perimeter (with the Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangle die in place) with a pale yellow ink before attaching it to a card designed with my beloved "Be-Loved" designer paper collection by My Mind's Eye. The chipboard heart, by Maya Road, has been covered with one of the MME papers, sponged around the perimeter, glitzed up with some Kaiser Craft rhinestones, and then paired with a red button tied with May Arts ivory burlap string. On the inside, I added a second sentiment and a small bit of decoration.



Thanks so much for stopping by! And thank you for the sweet comments on both of the blog hops earlier this week. You gave me something to look forward to in between the fifty-plus trips to the bathroom for potty training - UGH! (He's actually doing really well - go Gabriel!)




Stamps: Piece of My Heart (Penny Black)
Paper: Prismatics Sunflower Medium card stock, Prismatics Blush Red Medium card stock, Papertrey Vintage Cream, My Mind's Eye Be-Loved dp collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Accessories: Copic markers, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter, Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangle and Classic Circle Nestabilities, Spellbinders Flourish Accent die (inside), EK Success scallop border punch, Papertrey ribbon and buttons, KaiserCraft rhinestones, Maya Road Love mini chipboard set, May Arts ivory burlap string, sewing machine, foam tape
Size: 5 1/2" square

27 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Happy New Year Amy! I just saw this at Splitcoast and was blown away by how ADORABLE it is and all your incredible details! LOVE your work and just realized that somehow I lost your blog updates on my Google Reader and I've been missing out lately! Off to check out all your other STAMP-TACULAR creations... You're my IDOL!!! :)

Patty M said...

I love everything about this card. The paper, the stamp, the heart in the corner...sweet as can be.

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card, Amy! I love everything about it... especially all the details like the thread through the buttons, the gems on the heart and along the border!

Christi Flores said...

This is precious!! I love those papers!!!

Michelle said...

Oh Amy!! It's adorable! I never think the hedgies can get any cuter but they do! LOVE the paper you used!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Just darling, Amy!!! I love this new MME dp!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - this is super duper cute!!! I love this new PB Valentine line and you've made it look fabulous with your card!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Marja Sch said...

Wow what an adorable card so cute. Lovely DP. Hugs Marja

Anonymous said...

hiya i love this card so cute! Can i ask a question..... please can you tell me how you do your bows? i haven't got a clue xx jo xx

Marimer said...

Aqui han habido tantas fiestas que no he podido ver antes tus maravillosas tarjetas, como siempre espectaculares.
Esta de SanValentin es adorable, simpatica y como siempre te digo perfecta, esta tan bien realizada que pare hecha por una maquina toda ella. Felicidades.
Bss

Grace said...

Aw Amy... this is so cute!!! Love PB! Your papers and embellishments are just perfect and so cheery! Good luck with the potty training! Sounds like it's "going"well!!! :)

amanda stokes said...

Hi Amy!
I'm so glad i came acroos your blog,your card's are just gorgeous and full of inspiration!This card is adoreable,love the sweet image and yummy paper's.
Hugs Amanda xx

ChristineCreations said...

Oh goodness those puzzle hearts are so cute Amy! Sweetness! Such a great combination of papers and layout too.

Oliwiaen said...

Soooo cute!

Beverly Montez said...

Amy, your stuff is ALWAYS so good!
I love to visit your blog daily.
It gives me inspiration and ideas!

Beverly
http://sugarstamper.blogspot.com/

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is SO sweet, Amy! I love the little rhinestones you added...and that button/bow is wonderful!

Unknown said...

I just got home after being gone all day, and I have to say I am SO SORRY I missed your post this morning. Of course, now I understand why that PB stamp set was so hot in my store today! LOL! LOVE this card and the awesome details. You totally ROCK!!!

Unknown said...

Well you know EXACTLY how I feel about eveything you do Amy. Stunning every time without exception.
Hugs Viv xxx

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my goodness is this ever CUUUUTE!!

Karen said...

Stunning card!
Hugs,
Karen.

Conniecrafter said...

Awwww is that ever the cutest and love the touch of sparkle and the heart/button/gem combo is too sweet!! Love it!

Diane Jaquay said...

That image is just too adorable!!! And your card is gorgeous!

Elaine said...

That image is cute! Your coloring is beautiful!

Linda Carson said...

Outstanding artwork!!

Mama mia said...

really cute. Quick question...since I'm new at stamping..does it matter the type of ink you use to stamp the image? some better than others? paper you stamp on? How do you get the bright colors? Thankyou for your help.

Kathy Jones said...

Yi - how did I miss this one??? Oh my, it's just gorgeous!!! Love the papers you've used and your colouring is just beautiful!!!!! Love the heart, ribbon and button detailing too!!! :)

Kathy Jones said...

Ps. If it's any consolation I'm potty training my daughter too - lots of trips to the bathroom! Feel for you!!! :)