Friday, January 22, 2010

Friends are Flowers in the Garden of Life



Some fabulous new JustRite stamps are now available at Stamper's Dream: Plant A Little Love and My Garden. For a floral-loving gal like myself, these new sets are divine!! I started with a border and center from My Garden, then mixed in a little of Basic Grey's new Origins papers. I'm not normally a big fan of yellow and green, but I kind of like this new BG line. It seemed especially well-suited for a yellow Gerbera daisy, one of my most favorite flowers ever. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics. The sentiment ring was cut with Spellbinders circle nestabilities. I accented with some twill, a button, rounded corners, a touch of paper piercing, and a scalloped border.

I'm so excited to be heading out bright and early tomorrow morning for CHA. If all goes well, I should arrive mid-day Saturday, just in time to hit the retail show for a few hours. Then I'll stay Sunday and Monday for the trade show. The arrangement is absolutely ideal - I'll only have a few hours to spend my money, and then two whole days to spend Michelle's! ROFL!!



Stamps: My Garden (JustRite)
Paper: Prismatics Birchtone Dark card stock, Sunflowers Medium card stock; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Basic Grey Origins
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa, Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: Copic markers, Spellbinders circle Nestabilities, EKSuccess scalloped border punch, Stampin' Up twill, Papertrey buttons, May Arts brown burlap string, foam adhesive

13 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love that new Origins paper and JRS...perfect combo!

kadie said...

Just beautiful and an awesome way to showcase the new BG paper and those fabulous stamps!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just adorable Amy! Such a fresh and pretty design around your daisy!

Gabriela said...

Amy your Gerbera daisy is marvelous! I just love your work. Hugs, Gabriela

Olga Solhaug said...

Amy, this card looks just wonderful!! Thank for share with us :)))
Hugs, Olga

ChristineCreations said...

I love the circle border Amy, it's such a creative way to lay this out. So bright and cheerful!

Have a great time at CHA!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Amy! i'm not usually a big fan of yellow and gren either but BG seem to have got it just right with this lovely paper. Great way to highlight that beautiful flower, Jo x

Danni said...

Beautiful card!! have fun at CHA!

Pam Speidel said...

Another 0UTSTANDING creation Amy! Love it!

Kathy Jones said...

GORGEOUS Amy!!!! Love how you cut out the border and moved the daisy (my fav flower too) - wonderful paper (really have to get myself some of that!) and love the ribbon treatment!!! Enjoy CHA - wish I was going!!!! :)

Flowers said...

Fabulous tag! The flowers look amazing--whatever they are! Love the distress inks--my faves as well!

Denise Marzec said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the colors and papers!

Have fun at CHA with the girls!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Thanks for the inspiration you give in every email I recieve with your posts.
I have linked to this card from my blog as it inspired an embellishment - you can see it here if you wish http://suziemcfloozysmusings.blogspot.com/2010/02/unscripted-sketches-challenge-44.html

thanks again
Suzie x