Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mouse On Daisy



This past week flew by, and here it's Saturday already! Looking forward to the long weekend, are you? Jen has a really cool Sketch For You To Try this week AND a goody bag up for grabs, so I hope you'll be able to play along! Take a look at the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Lorelie Kim's sample, at i{heart}2stamp. Also making samples are Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, Leigh O'Brien, and Susan Liles. You probably saw on Jen's blog last week that Carole stepped down. We'll miss her!

For my sample, I've used an adorable Stampavie image, Mouse on Orange Daisy, illustrated by Tina Wenke. Stamper's Dream carries a wide assortment of Stampavie images. This particular one is sold out, but you can see other Tina Wenke images HERE and all the other Stampavie illustrators HERE. I colored with Copics and Prismacolors and popped up the daisy and mouse, the ladybug, and the bird for some extra dimension. I also added some ivory FlowerSoft to the other flowers, so they'd look like dandelions.

Have you seen all the new goodies at Stamper's Dream? You know I have paper issues, so I'm particularly itching to get my inky fingers all over Cosmo Cricket's new Nutmeg Collection and Webster's Pages Holiday Collection and Sweet as Cherry Pie. And check out the Say It In Pearls and Say It in Studs from Prima. I've never seen anything like these - gorgeous!

I received a question recently about how to color with both Copics and Prismacolors. I start with the Copics and then when I'm finished with those, I go back and work with the Prismacolors. As I recall, you shouldn't color over Prismacolors with Copics because the wax in the pencils can mess up your markers, so start with the markers, then move to the pencils. I like to use Prismacolors for skies and any other time when I'm trying to fade to white. I find I have much better control with pencils for the fading.

Speaking of questions, I've been bad lately about answering them - I'm sorry! A Q&A is coming soon - I promise.

Thanks so much for visiting!




Stamps: Mouse on Orange Daisy (Stampavie)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate and Vintage Cream, Stampin' Up Real Red, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, October Afternoon dp (green grid), Jillibean Soup dp (green paisley), K&Co dp (blue)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Vintage Photo Distress
Accessories: Copics, Prismacolor pencils, blending stumps, Gamsol, Spellbinders petite oval Nestabilities, Stampin' Up ribbon, Close to My Heart flowers, Papertrey buttons, May Arts burlap string, foam adhesive, EK Success border punch, FlowerSoft

45 comments:

Gabriela said...

Amy, Amy, Amy! What a lovely card! It takes my breath away with it's intricate detail. The sky is perfect and looks airbrushed or silkscreened because its so smoothly blended. You have quite an artist's eye and I adore your use of the Polar White Flower Soft.

Kelly Lunceford said...

I am in awe of all of the details on this! I am in love with the dimension you put into the focal image! I love it! Great job as always!

Unknown said...

WOW! You really outdid yourself on this one, Amy! AWESOME coloring and details. And your paper colors and selection are fabulous with this image!

Angela S. said...

Amy, this is so sweet. I love this stamp and your coloring is awesome. All the details your did and added to this card really make it extra special... love it..

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Fabulous card - love all the popped up elements and the Flower Soft. So many nice details - terrific!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is beautiful! You have a way with colours, pattern, and layouts. Seriously, you are in a league of your own girl! Love this cute image, it's so sweet!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is DARLING, Amy! You cards are always perfectly embellished!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Just adorable Amy! Your beautiful coloring is perfect as always, and the popped up pieces really makes this special!

Debby said...

This is adorable! I love the colors and the design. Great work.

Danni said...

Such a wonderful card!! Your coloring is amazing...I can never get my sky to look that awesome!!

Nicole Bailey said...

Amy you make the most beautiful cards. ;o)
Love how you did the background scene....just stunning!

Amy Rohl said...

It's darling, it's gorgeous, it's darling, it's gorgeous...what else can I say?!! Love the daisies and dandelions, and all the popped detailing! You're amazing!

Sandra H. said...

This is really cute! Very nice work!

Renée said...

Wow, Amy, this is awesome! Love the detail!!

Linda Carson said...

I'd give it a 10....PERFECT!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Amy, this is just the sweetest card EVAH!! Your coloring is impeccable!! And your sketch, dp, ribbon and flowers just make this all the more charming!! Next time I see you, I'm so hoping some of your talent rubs off on me!! Hopefully at CHA in Jan.!!

jhet said...

This so lovely Amy!! So gorgeous! I also use Copics then Prisma when colouring. However, how do you manage to colour big spaces like that of the sky?? :)

Have a lovely day!

Jessica Diedrich said...

THUD. Holy cow this is AMAZING AMY!!!!!!! The coloring, the papers, ribbon, all of it. You are a GURU! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! Seriously stunning, girl!!!

Michelle said...

Oh gosh, this is absolutely gorgeous! Everything is perfect...love the layout....and what a terrific image, colored to perfection!

Anonymous said...

Pretty Pretty!

Stef Perry said...

All I can say is WOW! Such a lot of work, it's a little masterpiece!

Mary J said...

Gosh, the attention to detail is amaaazing! Really beautiful results!

Kathy Jones said...

This card is incredible Amy - so many details to look at!!! Love the popping, flower soft and flowers. I LOVE your paper choices, they work sooooo well together!!!! Your colouring is fantastic and love the punched edge!!

Lynda Benden said...

This is absolutely darling Amy! The image is SO cute and Jen's layout is awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Amy Amy Amy, will ya give us mere mortals a chance! This is yet another example of your awesome magical properties!
Hugs Viv xxx

Marimer said...

Es adorable!!!!, que card mas bonito!, es tan perfecta la coloracion de los stamps que es impresionante, todos los detalles y la combinaciĂ³n de papeles es increile. felicidades. Bss

Jill said...

Incredible! Your cards are always A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I love following your blog! -Jill

Joseline said...

OM goodness Amy! This is so adorable!!!

Maggie said...

How the heck do you manage to come up with these stunners one after the other? You - are - amazing! *wink*

June Houck said...

Fabulous layers and coloring! I love this card!!!

Janiel/ janny said...

what a bearutiful card!! Nice clean style with a very super image that is colored perfect...
hugs, janny

Shell said...

Oh I Love Love Love this card!!! I wish you sold your cards I want this one soooo bad!

Amy said...

Wow...The detail on this is just amazing!! Beautiful!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh this is just too cute, brought a big smile to my face as soon as I saw it, Love the colors you used!

Cazzy said...

Wowser, that is fabulous Amy.

Cazzy x

Anonymous said...

Amy, another jawdropping creation! I always enjoy peeking in to see what you are creating!
--Hugs Becca

Sandra Smart said...

oh my gosh, I think this is my most favorite card ever!

Desire Fourie said...

Oh this is adorable. Love the design and colours.
Hugs
Desire

America said...

Exquisite detailing, fantastic coloring and dimension. Love this Amy! Thank You for being such an inspiration!! :)

Carolyn King said...

**thud**

Anonymous said...

love it amy - just gorgeous!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh MY the sweetest little image! And how you've given it such life with color and the sketch! Beautiful totally AMY work!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is amazing! I love all the details, layers, embellishments, and the colors!

dpkennedy said...

Wow Amy! This is too cute!! The dandelions are awesome! Fantastic card!

Rom-a said...

śliczne żywe kolorki, piękna praca