Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Maple Leaf Tags



I have another quick, clean and simple creation to share today (two CAS days in a row!). I've been on the PTO Appreciation Committee at my children's elementary school for a few years now, and every so often I get the chance to whip up some kind of appreciation gift or packaging. Today, the cafeteria staff is receiving baskets of parent-donated food items. My {non-food} contribution - these maple leaf tags for the baskets.



I die-cut the maple leaf out of Riding Hood Red card stock using the largest of the Nested Maple Leaf Shapeabilities by Spellbinders, then repeatedly stamped the "thanks" sentiment (from Verve's Circular Sayings set) all over it in Riding Hood Red ink. The "from the" and "PTO" tags are done with JustRite New York Times font stamps. Quick and easy!

Thanks for visiting! Tomorrow, we'll be back to our regular programming: layer upon layer upon embellished layer of papercrafted yumminess {wink}.



Stamps: New York Times Complete Font Set (JustRite Stamps); Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, So Saffron, and Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: maple leaf die (Spellbinders), Papertrey button, May Arts burlap string

20 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, these are wonderful! So rich and warm in colour! I'm sure they will appreciate your donation!!

Unknown said...

Those are so clever! I love the rich tones, and I'm sure the cafeteria staff will be delighted!

Shauna K said...

these are beautiful- i love them!! they're so simple yet the look so classy! great work, I'm sure they'll be appreciated :)

Harriet Hensley said...

these are beautiful and what a great idea

Lori Craig said...

oh. Amy....these are beautiful.

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Too cute Amy!! Love the colors and the text stamped background!!
--Hugs Becca

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Super clever and charming Amy!! What a fabulous idea! And their so warm and sweet!! A hit for sure with the cafeteria ladies!!

dpkennedy said...

Great idea! I have yet to break out these dies! I have been so busy...but I love the tags you made so maybe they will get some love this weekend!!

Joseline said...

Wow Amy, these are so pretty!

ChristineCreations said...

Well, goodness sakes! As a Canadian these just make me smile! So fun and creative Amy!

Lisa Foster said...

Love these! What clever idea and they're so pretty!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous tags! Love the great shapes and the colors. TFS!

Dotty Jo said...

My one, and sadly, only visit to the States was during the Fall - these gorgeous little leaves just bring all the memories of that happy trip rushing right back! So sweet! Jo x

Bev J. said...

What a wonderful idea-great leaves. tfs

Marisa said...

Well, being Canadian, how can one not love maple leaves LOL! These are wonderful and I'm sure they are always greatly appreciated by those who receive them!

Conniecrafter said...

so neat like the thanks background to the leaf!

Ree Donnelly said...

Wow, Amy! These are soooo cute!

Funny thing is, I am here in Ashburn visiting my Mom & sister. I talked my sis into driving me to Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston today. I had those maple leaf Nesties in my hand!!! I almost bought 'em! AND, I was thinking of you today as we were driving home from there! Then I come back to my sis's house & come on to check my mail and...
So, just wanted to tell u that! Love it!

grandmamichelf said...

Those are really gorgeous tags! Love the rich red color!

Anonymous said...

Jeepers, I'm so embarrassed! I haven't had my Amy fix in so long, you've created a BUNCH of projects for me *hehe* to enjoy! =) Happy Friday the 13th!!