Friday, October 30, 2009

Autumn Blessings



I have to say, Fall is my favorite season. I like Spring, too, but Fall wins with its crisp, fresh air and the beautiful colors of the changing leaves. I can't wait to trade in my flip flops for boots, and my tank tops for turtlenecks and sweaters.

It's no surprise to me that Autumn Blessings is one of my favorite JustRite stamp sets ever. I colored the basket of apples with Copics, diecut the image panel with Labels Four Nestabilties and sponged on a little light peach ink while the die was still in place. Some Basic Grey Indian Summer patterned paper, ribbon, trim, buttons, and stitching and I was done.

I couldn't decide which of two versions I liked best, so I'll show them both. For this second one, I replaced the top designer paper panel with three vertical strips of wide striped ribbon to fit with this week's SCS sketch challenge (#252), and went a little heavier with the light peach sponging on the main image panel.



To some this may be taboo, but I stamped the image in black ink and the sentiment in brown. The reason is that when the image was also stamped in brown ink, I found I lost a lot of the detail of the artwork, especially since the basket is also brown. Switching to black ink (along with clear embossing) solved that problem, but I still wanted the sentiment to be brown to match the designer paper colors and the card base.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a fantastic weekend!



Stamps: Autumn Blessings Border & Centers (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White,
Basic Grey Indian Summer 6x6 paper pad Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and Vintage Sepia, Stampin' Up Blush Blossom
Accessories: Copic markers, white gel pen, Spellbinders
Labels Four Nestabilities and Fancy Scalloped Piercabilities, foam adhesive, fabric trim, May Arts faux seude ribbon (white and brown), Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Moroccan Screen embossing folders, SU striped ribbon, Papertrey buttons, May Arts burlap string, white embroidery floss

25 comments:

Barbara said...

Another stunner, Amy! Fall is my favorite season, too, and I also love this Just Rite set! Love this card!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Love that striped ribbon, the DP and your beautiful coloring.

Oh, and GMTA...I used this set too for a project I'll be posting on Sunday. Hee!

Denimo said...

Oh my... I love BOTH of these. Your cards are simply wonderful. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Denise

Michele Kovack said...

These are gorgeous!!! Your coloring is amazing!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Just GORGEOUS, Amy! I just got this set a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! Your card is darling-love that trim!

Gretchen said...

LOVE that Indian Summer DP and how well it works with your image

Olga Solhaug said...

Very, VERY tasty cards! I love both of them :)))

Unknown said...

What can I say except that these are both just awesome! Your coloring is perfect, and I think the image was meant for the Indian Summer dp. Great job!!!

Stampin_melissa said...

Gorgeous! I love them both, but I think the brown one edges out the first one.

Michelle H said...

I really love this card. So beautiful! I love to come here for inspiration.

Marimer said...

Los dos cards estan increible, pero si me dan a elegir es la primera, el colorido es precioso.Genial las letras en marrrĂ³n y el dibujo en negro, es mas complicado y eso demuestra lo perfecta que eres porque solo las artistas se le ocurren estas ideas. Felicidades. Bss.

Mary J said...

I love both cards equally! I love how you've used the brown striped ribbon - great idea! The colours are so warm and welcoming, fab job!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Amy!
I love both your cards. the apples look good enough to eat. Those colours go well together.
hugs Marion

Angella D. Crockett said...

Omigosh, Amy!! Both of these are incredible!!!! Just gorgeous!!!

June Houck said...

Both are beautiful, Amy. Fall is my favorite season by far!

I like the brown and black ink stamping. Not a taboo to me. The basket needs to stand out a little more (and it is done in browns anyway), but the sentiment does need to be brown to coordinate with the background. Gorgeous, as always :)

Teneale Williams said...

Gorgeous, Amy! I really like the ribbon details.

Teneale

Kathy Jones said...

Both of these are GORGEOUS Amy!!! Your colouring is simply exquisite - such gorgeous, rich colours and love how it is on the Label 4 die!!! Love that touch of lace too! I think out of the two I marginally prefer the first! I know everyone over there is in/preparing for Autumn, but here we are in Spring and preparing for a hot Summer! :)

CFLanger said...

Stunning! I love the vibrant colors and all the pretty details! Have a happy Halloween!

Maggie said...

You put so much thought into every detail and it shows! That's what makes your blog one of my favorites. *wink*

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Amy, you're so talented. A huge fan from California. xo, Marian

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - Amy - both cards are just super gorgeous!!! Love these rich fall colors!!! Hugs ~S~

Conniecrafter said...

I love them both but that paper on the first one is just gorgeous, great idea using the oval stamp with that die, great combo!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both are simply charming Amy. Couldn't chose one over the other.

Sherry said...

Both cards are FAB-ulous! I love that you used black for the image and brown for the sentiment.. it just works better! Your coloring is wonderful and all the elements used work so well together! Love them both!

Kelly Lunceford said...

These are beautiful! I like how you did the sponging with the die still in place. I think I may have to try that! I love fall, too!