Sunday, October 4, 2009

WCMD Challenges



Happy Sunday! Just a quick post today to share a couple of cards I made for the World Card Making Day Challenges on Splitcoast. First up is a card I made for the My Favorite Things Challenge, which is to use the signature MFT colors (pink, black, white) plus add some bling. The image, Think Pink, is one of the images that MFT recently released in digital format. I printed on Neenah white card stock and colored with Copics and Prismacolor pencils. I've got some clear crystals on the corners of the image and some black ones adorning the corners of the patterned paper panels. The sentiment is from Twisted Too.

Next up is a card for Verve's challenge, which was to choose a country's flag and use it as inspiration. I chose Botswana, with its blue, black and white flag:



The sentiment is from Wishing You, a set that includes all sorts of endings to cover a multitude of occasions. I stamped "a very HAPPY birthday" on the inside.

Before I go, here's a funny (scary?) story ... I've recently become quite addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook - a HUGE time suck, I MUST stop. Clearly, I'm not very good at it, because I can't for the life of me figure out how these people are getting scores in the upper 100Ks, when my average is probably not even 25K! Don't tell me any secrets, please. I can't afford to waste any more time on FB! So, here's how you know you've been playing too much Bejeweled Blitz. At church this morning, I was looking across the sea of heads in the congregation thinking, "If I move that black-haired person up a row, he'll be beside two other black-haired people. Poof! Points for me!" Later, while driving, I watched a silver car merge into a lane in front of two other silver cars. Ha! Three in a row!! Yea. Too much Bejeweled Blitz, I'm thinkin'.

Thanks for visiting!

27 comments:

Linda Carson said...

Super FABULOUS artwork! Great inspiration! Me thinks you have been playing too much Bejeweled!! LOL It really would be interesting to know how their scores are so high..... They must live in their Mom's basement w/no job!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Amy!
Just love the pink card for breast cancer and the sentiment is so funny. Having had breast cancer myself I really appreciate the houmour "Get em squished" How true.
Also love your other card.

I can sure relate to your game problem. I have had similar with a word game. Now to apply it to scripture hehe.
Hugs
Marion

Pamela said...

I love your card today...well, I love your cards EVERYDAY!!!! I get so inspired when I look at what you have created! Thank you for all you do and share with us!

Blessings to YOU!!!

Jody Morrow said...

Your cards are beautiful! :)

Yes, I feel your pain for Bejeweled Blitz! LOL I am also a WEE bit addicted. heehee

Joseline said...

Amy, I love your cards. Most importantly, now I have to try this bejeweled thing. Just curious. Sounds like fun!

jhet said...

Lovely cards Amy! I play Bejeweled too! LOL!!! I used to average 25k like you but now I'm up to 100k!hahah! You just really have to scan the frame for the points...won't hurt to click the "hint" button though. :)

Angela S. said...

Amy, love your cards both are so beautiful and I love the color combos. I really like the sentiment you used on the Breast Cancer card..

Marimer said...

Son dos trabajos perfectos, como siempre Amy, preciosas combinaciones y diseños, pero sobre todo admiro como coloreas los stamps, será que es mi asignatura pendiente, es fabuloso ver estos trabajos y como parecen hechos por máquinas y no por manos, realmente todos los dias nos das una clase magistral,Bss.

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Amy - your story about the Bejeweled Blitz made me laugh!!! I try to avoid FB at the best of time because it sucks so much time!!

Back to the cards - love your pink one - great design, awesome use of colour and your image is so beautifully coloured!! The second is FAB! Love the buttons and the whole row of pearls!! Great colours and love how you always use such fabulous designs.

Norine said...

love the cards too cute and funny
Hugs
Norine

Chrisd said...

I too am a member of the 25,000 club. I just decided that I get what I get and I'm just having some fun, best of all I'm not eating !
That pink card is a beauty!

Maggie said...

I look forward to your cards and miss you when you don't post. Boo hoo. lol
Is that charcoal paper on your second card embossed and if so where'd you get it!?

Dawn Easton said...

Both cards are wonderful, Amy! I love the shading you do with your prismas!!
LOVE the boldness of your second card!!
LOL @ being addicted to games on FB...I totally know what you mean!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing my head off at your Bejeweled Blitz story....lol....it *is* addicting & I spend way too much time playing those games that really just raise my blood pressure!!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, Amy...Tetris forever changed the way I put groceries in the cart and how I pack the car full of suitcases to go on vacation. : ) Looking forward to hanging out!

~Cori

Mary J said...

Wow - I just love those vibrant colours!

LindaH said...

Hi Amy...just thought I'd pop in and say....i don't have a studio! I have a kitchen table, maybe you could send that wishing you card to me and say 'wishing you a studio'! LOL!

Bonnie said...

Oh my word Amy.... My daughter just phoned me and said you HAVE to read Amy Scheffer's blog post about Bejeweled! I guess it reminds her of me.....oh yeh! I'm addicted and I love it....can't say I've ever tried to move church people, though I did pretty much cackle-laugh!! I LOVe your cards as always Amy - they are truly gorgeous!

Millie said...

Inspiring color combo!!

Christi Flores said...

That is too funny about Bejeweled! I get sucked into FB way too much myself. Gorgeous cards!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally gorgeous!! FB sucks away all my time, it is ridiculously addictive!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both beautiful Amy!! I love the pink with the image and fun sentiment on the first and the elegance, colors, and design of the second!!Gorgeous creations!

Grace said...

Great job on both Amy!!! Love the pink one for the girls!!! Great sentment! LOVE your FB story!!! I won't tell your Pastor... it's our secret! LOL! Too funny and love the card!

Tami said...

Hi Amy,

Can you post what the border punch is that you used on your "squished" card? I see that you use it a lot and can't find it in the stores, but need to know the mfg before I can search online.

I love all of your cards!!!!

Tami

Anonymous said...

Wow, the coloring on your squished card is fantastic!! And the papers you used are divine!! The birthday card is simply gorgeous!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl, I've said this before, your talent knows no bounds!! Amazing cards!!

Unknown said...

Especially love the "squished" card - being a breast cancer survivor, that is near and dear to my heart. Love it!