Friday, October 16, 2009

New Flourishes: The Holly & The Ivy



The folks over at Flourishes have done it again! With every new release, I'm more and more amazed at the beauty of the artwork. Did you know Stamper's Dream carries Flourishes stamps now? Tonight's project uses a brand-new Flourishes set called The Holly & The Ivy. I stamped the main image from the set onto watercolor paper, and, get this, I watercolored! I used to watercolor all the time, but those were the B.C. days (before Copics). I took Jerri Jimenez's Tombow Marker class at CHA in January, and now currently, I'm taking Kim Teasdale's Watercoloring with Tombow Markers class via My Creative Classroom. Can those two ladies color or what?! I have to say, so far, I'm loving my Tombows, and I expect you'll be seeing a lot more watercoloring from me in the near future.

I'm giving you an early peek at Jen's Sketch For You To Try, too, which Jen will officially post on her blog tomorrow (Saturday) morning. If you're brave, you could start your own sketch card based on what you see here, but I'll warn you, there's a small bit of "interpretation" going on, so you might want to wait {grin}. Tomorrow (again, that's Saturday), be sure to have a look at the sketch team's creations: Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, Leigh O'Brien, and Susan Liles. To play along, just link to your creation in a comment on Jen's SFYTT post and if you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: SFYTT.

Last, here's a look at the finished inside, where I included the greeting:



Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: The Holly & The Ivy (Flourishes)
Paper: Strathmore watercolor paper, Prismatics Blush Red (Dark) card stock, Graphic 45 dp, Stampin' Up Basic Black card stock
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Accessories: Tombow Markers, Creative Memories circle cutting system, Spellbinders Scalloped circle and Labels 5 Nestabilities and Fancy Tags die, Papertrey buttons, May Arts black/ivory plaid 7/8" check ribbon and burlap string, paper piercer, Ornare piercing template, sewing machine, foam adhesive
Size: 5 1/2" square

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I think your watercoloring is total perfection! Beautiful card, and awesome design! You ROCK, my friend! :-)

Denise Marzec said...

This is SOOOO awesome! Wow Wow Wowww!! Love your coloring with the Tombows, and I love that big gingham bow treatment, too. :)

Jackie Pedro said...

This is GORGEOUS, Amy! LOVE the gingham bow!!

Desire Fourie said...

Truly beautiful. Love how the ribbon forms the backbone of the design.
Hugs
Desire

Marimer said...

El stamp es maravilloso, su creadora tiene que ser una gran artista, está lleno de detalles minuciosos y sólo él ya es un lujo ponerlo en un stamp si además está coloreado con tu maestría, es absolutamente fantástico. El card con todos los detalles, es de cine. Bss

Anonymous said...

amy this is positively stunning - so is the hand mailed one - your coloring is unbelievable!!! will have to check out the watercoloring class as i have wanted to learn for so long!

Kathy Jones said...

OH MY OH MY!!!! Amy you've done it again - this card is absolutely STUNNING!!! I colour with tombows and SU markers (and blender pen) all the time, but mine don't turn out this well!!! Darn, I wish I could take one of those classes!!! LOVE that new Flourishes set and that FAB ribbon treatment!!!!

Melanie said...

This is just a beautiful card! I really love the softness of watercolouring (that being said, I LOVE my Copics too, lol!!). I think all colouring mediums are effective in different images, and this set suits the Tombows wonderfully! I am excited to see your card as I won this set in the Fourishes give-away this week!! I really can't wait to play with it...hurry up postman!

Thanks for sharing!

Melanie

Conniecrafter said...

such a pretty image and love your coloring, the ribbon and buttons are a neat touch!

Leigh OBrien said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Amy. It's truly lovely!

Cheryl said...

Wow, this is so pretty Amy...love the papers, colors, image and that fabulous ribbon!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Fabulous Amy!! Pure GORGEOUSNESS!! Your coloring always has been outstanding, and this is no exception. And the papers, and sketch are super fantastic!! What a beauty!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Amy!
I love your card. Your colouring is beautiful. I am just learning to use my Tombows so it was nice to hear about them and see a fabulous job done with them.
Hugs Marion

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love this! I really love the gingham ribbon on the side! Great job!

Linda Carson said...

Very elegant inside & out!

Amy Rohl said...

I don't know if my comment worked the first time or not, but I'll say it again -- love the gingham ribbon and argyle pp together, and the button trio is just perfect! And, BTW--your image is peacefully perfect!

Have a great weekend,
Amy

Angela S. said...

Amy, this is so pretty..Love the your coloring with the tombow markers...

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Gorgeous colouring and fabulous design! WOW! Amy this is just beautiful!

Meahni Pieterse said...

Great elegant card. I love the Hand Mailed one from your previous post too! Okay I love all your cards, you have such a unique style, LOVE it!

Silli said...

Amy, your coloring is perfect! I love the colors... TFS! Happy sunday!

Do What You Love said...

Such an elegant creation. Dee Dee said you had some awesome crafts and she's right. Your blog is filled with some beautiful crafts all colored so wonderfully with fantastic embellishments that make each card individually delightful.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are so beautiful Amy!! I just love the doves!!! Gorgeous coloring and design!! Love the colors!!
hugs,
Chris

Barbara said...

GASP! This is jaw-dropping gorgeous!

dpkennedy said...

Stunning! As always!