Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Live in the Sunshine

I wish you all could have seen the get-up my kindergartener wore to school the other day. Let's just say it was already colorful and full of an "interesting" combination of patterns even before she decided to wear an equally colorful (but not the same colors-- tee hee) striped hooded sweater in place of her usual jacket. I started to tell her it clashed, but then I thought better of it. I mean, really, who else can get away with that BUT a cute little girl? Go for it while you can, I say!

So maybe I was channeling her and her crazy outfit when I put together this card. Put on your sunglasses ...



Kind of wild, huh? Oh well, maybe if I can't wear it, my cards can?

I used a delightful set by My Favorite Things called In the Background. It has the wonderful crosshatch background stamp (my green piece), as well as three additional whimsical images - the bird that I used here, as well as an adorable tea kettle, and a super fun flower. The sentiment I used is from a different set, On the Pier. My Favorite Things is sponsoring the sketch this week over at Card Positioning Systems (#139), so of course I wanted to play along. Upload your sketch creation and/or check out all the other entries HERE.

The glittered flowers, and photo corners are all from K&Co's Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse die-cut pack and the diagonal striped and dotted paper is from the coordinating paper line. The pink ricrac is from my stash, and the teal glitter pearls are from My Favorite Things.

Thanks for visiting today!

Hugs,

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Love it! I love bright colors so to me this card is perfect! :)

Barbara said...

Oh, yeah! That is perfect for the gloomy, rainy day I am experiencing today -- again! I need to wear those colors just to be spotted in the fog! Seriously, it is a beautiful card for any time. Terrific sketch.

Barb

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Amy!
Such a lovely happy card. It would brighten anyones day.
I love how you have done the corners too.
Hugs Marion

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How fun and Whimsical Amy!! This card is simply charming!

Tracy said...

wildly wonderful :-) i love the combo of colors.. doesnt seem wild to me at all. i love it! that birdie is just the cutest thing too!

Petti said...

This is so lovely! I love your cards!

Marimer said...

Precioso trabajo, todos los detalles son adorables. Bss.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Amy! I love all the bright colours!!

LOL kids are funny! I used to pick out Chloe's clothes too but then I figured she would never learn on her own. She's 10 now and I can honestly say, her choices have NOT improved ;)

Lenoria said...

Love your card! It is bright and cheery and just a perfect "feel good" card.

June Houck said...

I love these colors, Amy! Fun and cute-iful :)

Marisa said...

I just love the Kindergarten age....they are so precious at that age. I had to giggle at your story because I have done the same. Love seeing little kids in their Halloween costumes in stores weeks before Halloween because they are so excited to wear it. Life is short and these little treasures teach us so much :D Fun, card to compliment your experience today :D

Anonymous said...

hiya!
love the card - i have to admit i dress pez as bright and wild as i can for just that reason!

hey i sent you an evite to pez's party and an email - did you get them? sunday at 11 - love to have y'all over - serving lunch too and sending hubby's down to play pool. cori and stacy will both be here too!

Angel said...

This is absolutely delightful! You've sold me on this set! Hopefully I'll get some birthday money to get it! ;-)