Saturday, May 22, 2010

What Color Is Your Coffee Cup?



Happy Saturday! Assuming all goes according to plan, by the time this posts, I'll be well on my way to enjoying my Saturday with nine giggly 6-year-old girls at our region's Girl Scout Encampment. (That's not counting the other 350 adults and girls that we'll join once we get there.) Among other things, the girls will get to do a letterboxing trail, a trailblazing/orienteering try-it, a flowerbed beautification service project, games, and a swap (I know all about swapping - teehehe). Should be fun!

And the good thing is I won't have much access to email or my blog, so I won't get to hear you beg mercy after today's card permanently sears your eyeballs! It's bright, I know (and the nighttime photo is horrid), but I am *really* loving Cosmo Cricket's DeLovely collection (maybe precisely because it is so not my typical color palette?) and wasn't ready to put it away after Thursday's card.

I used Jen's Sketch For You To Try ...




I knew if I rotated the sketch, those three circles would move to the bottom and become perfect places for some hanging coffee cups from Impression Obsession's Coffee With a Friend set. For the focal point rectangle, I chose to frame a Coffee with A Friend sentiment with one of Pink Paislee's Artisan Elements Frames. Once again, I left the frame white. Next time I promise you I'm going to alter one with ink or mists - so many neat things you can do with these! The embellishment (heart) rotated to the upper left, where I was glad to place a bow/flower/button/leaf trinket pin stack. The crinkly bow is made with some white seam binding that I sprayed with Lime Metallic Maya Mist. The coffee cups are paper pieced with various DeLovely patterns.

Be sure to visit the rest of the SFYTT gang for a heavy dose of sketch inspiration:

Jen del Muro with guest designer Iwona Palamountain
Amber Hight
Amy Rohl
Jenn Diercks
Jodi Collins
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Megan Lock
Sonja Christoph
Susan Liles

To play along, upload your creation to the slideshow on Jen's blog that corresponds to the sketch you've used. Remember, future guest designers are chosen from sketch participants!

That's it for me today. Tomorrow, I'm heading to my local stamp store for a guaranteed injection of high-octane mojo - I'm taking a class with the Claudine Hellmuth. Can't wait!

One housekeeping item before I go - I've had to turn word verification back on due to increasing amounts of spam. So sorry for the inconvenience!

Have a great weekend, friends!

19 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Another awesome card, Amy! I love how you've been using those leaf trinket pins. That ribbon treatment looks amazing and I'm lovin' the frame!

Oliwiaen said...

The idea with those hanging cups is simply ingenious. And it seems all colour palettes are "yours" :-)

Becky said...

This is gorgeous, I just love these bright and beautiful colors.

Amy Rohl said...

Amy, I just love the beautiful colors and the flipped sketch--perfect for those teacups! Just makes me smile looking at it!

Have a fun class tomorrow!
Amy

Marimer said...

Fantastic, or I would have thought this design to turn the template and do this pretty, you're creative in person.
That passes good day with that many children and people, patience and a lot diversión.çBuen weekend.

Megan said...

I happen to like the bright colors!! Amy, you could work with the phone book and it would be brilliant. :) I've seen these white frames popping up, it looks wonderful here.

Unknown said...

AWESOME, Amy! LOVE those happy Delovely colors, the frame, aw heck, I love it all!

And I want to hear all about your Claudine Hellmuth class!!!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Stunning, as usual ;D I am loving these vibrant, but elegant colors!

Lynne Phelps said...

Not too bright at all - instead it is warm and charming! Love the teacups hanging from "cup hooks" along the bottom of the frame - another homey touch that adds to the charm. Better you than me on the GS camping, LOL!

Chris said...

I'm loving this paper, it's so cheery.
Your GS encampment is huge! Since I'm a camp cook I'm glad ours doesn't get that large.

Jodi Collins said...

What a stunner Amy! LOVE these stamps, that FABULOUS frame and your GORGEOUS embellies too!!!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

hehe I looove your bright color combo Amy. Only you can manage to turn bright colors into something super fab shab chic. :) Hope you're having a blast with the girls :)

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Gorgeous flower! A really pretty card with beautiful papers and colors!

Gail said...

what a fun card! I remember girl scout days with my girls! try it's... so much fun!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How darling Amy!! Love your sentiment and coffee cups!! Gorgeous design!
hugs,
Chris

AMIT said...

Wow your coffee cups rocks.I have red and another white.

Advertising Network India

Katie Cotton said...

just beautiful card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!!!! Are you serious???? This is stinkin' beautiful!!! And those hanging cups, OMGolly, brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty cheerful card. Being a coffee lover I am all about this card!LOL! I so love Cosmo Crickets beautiful new collection.
Hugs,
Pam