Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May The Road Rise Up To Meet You



I made this altered mini picture frame using stamps from Verve's amazing April release. The Irish Blessing and flourish image are from Blessings. I first stamped the flourish in Papertrey Spring Moss onto Stampin' Up's white naturals card stock, then stamped the Irish blessing in Ranger Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the flourish. The corners are punched with a Fiskars corner punch, and the edges are lightly inked with various Ranger Distress inks. The blue patterned paper in the background is from K&Co's Addison collection.

The frame itself came from the Target dollar spot (although it was actually from the $2.50 shelf) in a pack of three. I was a little disappointed to open the package and see that the frames are a shiny white plastic. Kinda cheesy, but what can you expect for less than $1 each? To minimize the cheese factor, I dolled up the frame with assorted green dew drops, some Papertrey Enchanted Evening ribbon, and a corner cluster of flowers, leaves, and bling. For the rolled paper flowers, I followed this tutorial by LollyChops, and for the ribbon flowers, I followed this tutorial (with thanks to LollyChops for the link to that one, too). Havin' a blast making flowers :)

By the way, Blessings is available individually or as part of the larger Beach Party Collection. Buy the bundle and save!

Thanks, as always, for visiting. Your kind words and encouragement are such a blessing to me!



Stamps: Blessings (Verve)
Paper: Stampin Up White Naturals Card Stock, Papertrey Spring Moss card stock; K&Co Addison designer paper
Ink: Ranger Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, and Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Accessories: Fiskars corner punch, Kaiser Craft adhesive pearls, Stampin' Up leaf die, Martha Stewart branch punch, Zva Creative bling, Papertrey ribbon, Offray ribbon, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, white picture frame (Target)

23 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

STUNNING, Amy! Love those flowers you have created!! Thanks for the links, I'll have to give them a go one day soon!

LollyChops said...

This is really beautiful Amy! You really hid that shiny frame well! I could not even tell until you mentioned it!

Oh and you used the LC flower tutorial! NEAT-O!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Country Mouse said...

This is sooo pretty!!! I love all the embellishments and that verse is so nice!!!:)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Beautiful project, but those flowers are especially rockin!

Amy Rohl said...

Just gorgeous, Amy Sheffer!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is STUNNING, Amy! Love that verse and those beautiful flowers!

Oliwiaen said...

Yeah, hadn't you mentioned the plastic frame, I would never quess!! It looks so pretty vintage with those ornaments you made - not only are you a gifted cardmaker, but an amazing crafter too!!

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy!!

Claireabelle said...

Wow Amy, this is beautiful! Who'd have thought you got that frame from a pound shop!!
xx

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful frame, love the colors of it.

coco.nut said...

great frame, absolutely beautiful flowers!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy smokes Amy...only you can make a $1 frame look this amazing!!! Fantastic design!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, this is so beautiful!

Shantaie said...

wow is this ever stunning!!! you had to be thrilled with the way this turned out! :)

Grace said...

This is sooo pretty Amy! Love the flowers!!!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

Oh Amy, this card is a dream, and i love your flowers.
Annette

Erin Smetak said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS frame! Your roses are exquisite!!!! I went to that link the first time you made the flowers, and I tried it myself. Um yeah, I'll just leave the flower making to you!!!! ;)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow, Amy!! I LOVE this!!

Unknown said...

wow, you always have stunning work that inspires me!!!
Trish

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, you sure dressed up that frame nicely!

Susan said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I love everything that you make!! Thank you for linking that flower tutorial!!! I knew I saw it somewhere. Now you have saved me hours of getting lost on the internet. ;)

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Amy.. I love the flowers.. I just started visiting Lollychops.. Great tutorials.. This is beautiful..

Anke said...

Wonderful Amy, so wonderful ...

Anke