Thursday, May 20, 2010

DeLovely Speckled Ornaments



It's already the 20th of the month, which means another fun Dirty Dozen/Dirty Dozen Alumni challenge. This month, Bev is hosting our "Cute as a Button" challenge, where the required element is, you guessed it, buttons ;) And get this, our restricted element is ..... black. No black anything, including ink. I can't remember the last time I made something without black, so this was a good challenge for me!

I was itching to break out my new DeLovely Mini Deck from Cosmo Cricket. I have to say these colors aren't especially "me," but I'm loving this collection to pieces (literally)! Things might start looking a lot brighter around here :)

To start, I stamped a flourish image from Hero Arts' awesome Speckled Ornaments set in VersaMark onto one of the DeLovely patterns, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I did all kinds of layering on that horizontal strip, including a cork layer cut with MFT's Jumbo Scallops Die-namics and a strip punched with Martha Stewart's Optic Dot border punch. I stamped three hearts (heart image is also from Speckled Ornaments) in Papertrey's Raspberry Fizz and attached them to the flourish strip with dimensionals. A cluster made of white seam binding, a crocheted flower, a button, and two leaf trinket pins breaks up some of the pink up top. At the very top, I added a thin strip of dp and even more buttons. The sentiment is from Fanciful Flourishes by Flourishes.

Many of the supplies used for this card are available at Stamper's Dream.

It's always a treat to see what all the past and current dirty girls do with these monthly challenges. Check out this month's gallery HERE.

Thanks for swinging by today!




Stamps: Speckled Ornaments (Hero Arts), Fanciful Flourishes (Flourishes)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock, Cosmo Cricket DeLovely Mini Deck
Ink: Papertrey Raspberry Fizz, VersaMark, Versamagic Tea Leaves
Accessories: white embossing powder, dimensionals, Martha Stewart Optic Dot punch, MFT Jumbo Scallops Die-namics, HugSnug white seam binding, Stampin' Up crochted flower, buttons from stash, Maya Road leaf trinket pins, corner rounder, Spellbinders tag die
Size: 4" wide by 5 1/4" high (slightly smaller than standard A2 ... I thought I'd be layering, then decided not to)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Before someone else says it, I must say this is *Delovely*! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

LOVE what you've done with the Hero Arts Speckled Ornaments set, that great CC paper and your embellishing! Where DO you come up with these fabulous ideas! Awesome card, Amy! :)

Oliwiaen said...

Well, I guess the last thing you've done without black would be the latest SFYTT card ;-)))

Anyway, today's cute card only proves that no matter what the challenge is, your take's always fantastic. Brilliant. Delovely :-)

Allison said...

Great job with the challenge! Love the layout and papers!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Love all the layers on this card! Just stunning! And no black? Wow! What a challenge, but you pulled it off beautifully ;D

Anke said...

GORGEOUS !!!

Gail said...

I love that paper! so vibrant!

Marimer said...

Hi Amy, I love the combination of colors you've used is very summer and as always perfection in your work is impressive.
Besitos, good weekend.

Por fin voy a poder comentar en tu idioma, que alegria.

Tammy E. said...

Isn't this beautiful! I'm loving those colors.

Unknown said...

Oooh Amy!! So different from your usual style, but JUST as gorgeous! More please! Viv xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Amy! So many wonderful elements. You never miss a detail!!

Whoops, I forgot about the challenge again this month. Shame on me! LOL!

Anonymous said...

this is really lovely ~ these are challenging colours, it's true, but you've come up with another stunnning creation. this is just so pretty. :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous! I am seeing that scalloped cork around a lot-I really love what you did w/ it! Great new paper, too!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, bright colors and I love the amazing ribbon treatment with the tag, button, flower and leaf pins.

Shantaie said...

super card! I love this paper line, its the happiest paper ever! Your card is de-lovely

Bernadette Bliss said...

Amy: Your cards never cease to amaze me. You are one talented young woman. I don't think there is a card you have made that has not blown me away. This is certainly no exception. I want to be just like you when I grow up! Hugs, ~B~

AMIT said...

Hey its really lovely.

Advertising Network India