Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello, Sunshine!


Can you believe June is right around the corner? That means all-new My Favorite Things stamps, dies, and other goodies are also right around the corner - YAY! Today, the MFT designers are kicking off six days of MFTeasers with a look at three new Die-namics dies as well as a very cool texture board. I'm thrilled about these new dies! For links to all of today's previews, visit Kim anytime after 11 am EST.

Here's what's coming on Wednesday (June 2):

Fresh Cut Grass


Jumbo RicRac


Sunshine


And check this out - use this Grosgrain Texture Board with the Jumbo RicRac for the look and feel of real grosgrain ribbon!



I got to play with the new Sunshine die ....



Sunshine is perfect both for creating scenes and for adding sunny accents to more traditional card designs. The die includes two shapes - the starburst as well as a circle that fits in the center. I can't wait to try layering a few of the starbursts in yellow, then adding a brown center to make a sunflower. I'm thinking it also has a comic book look to it as well - you know, for all those pows and bams. I think I even see a porcupine hiding in there :)

The patterned papers I used today are all from MFT's Sheltering Tree digi pack. I cut the sun twice, once in the yellow pattern from Sheltering Tree and once in a golden yellow card stock. I added some random, hand-stitching, then layered them together and topped it off with a translucent yellow button and twine.



The branch and leaves are cut by hand. The scalloped roof was done with the Die-namics Jumbo Scallops die (temporarily out of stock). The bird, from In the Background, is colored with Copics, and the sentiment is from Let's Picnic. The house itself is made from some Creative Imaginations cherry veneer paper. It's real wood - so cool!

Don't forget to pop over to Kim's blog (after 11 a.m EST) for a list of all the designers posting teasers today!

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: In the Background, Let's Picnic (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and Dark Chocolate, MFT Perfect Paper Panel, MFT Sheltering Tree digi paper, Creative Imaginations Cherry Veneer wood paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Accessories: MFT Sunshine and Jumbo Scallops Die-namics, Copic markers, Papertrey buttons, May Arts twine, Spellbinders circle die, Offray brown twill, needle and thread
Size: 5 1/2" square

25 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Amy

slbt17 said...

wow! I want them all!
Wonderful card!
Sandra

dolcreations said...

This is way too cute! I love your birdhouse and that button sun! This is over the top awesome!

Christina Fischer said...

Amy, this is brilliant! I love the birdhouse -- every element is fantastic! :)

Barbara said...

This just could not be any cuter, Amy! Totally adorable!

Oliwiaen said...

I wonder how much you cards weigh, with all those layers, and - wood! :-)))
Great use of the dies, I'm sooooo sorry we can't get them here in Poland, especially the sun and the jumbo scallop. Well, at least I can see here how fantastically they can be used :-)

Cheryl Valadez said...

Sunny and stunning!!

Beate said...

Amy that is sooo cute! I LOVE all your amazing details!
Hugs and smiles

Kerry Johnson said...

Fabulous Amy! I love how you used the scallops on the birdhouse too! Just gorgeous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh FUN Amy!!!

Megan said...

Totally original and fabulous! You know NO ONE else would have thought about this whole ensemble. Very, very perfect!

Michele Boyer said...

My goodness...is this ever creative! Love what you did with the sun too!

Unknown said...

Is this the cutest thing ever or what? I am so in love with this card! You ROCK!

Leslie Miller said...

Could it be any cuter? I don't think so! Love it!!

Melody said...

You are just so creative!!! I love this!!

Lisa H. said...

oh, AMy! you never stop amazing me! this is sooo cute!

Sherrie said...

You are so creative Amy! Love your sweet lil' birdie house and the sun is the perfect little die embellishment for this!

Dawn Easton said...

Awesome, Amy! Love the scene you created!

g said...

cutest card ever!! i love love it!

Julie said...

So stinkin' cute Amy! The birdhouse is amazing and I'm loving that sun! Thanks for sharing some of your fun ideas for the sun die!

Mary Marsh said...

great new dies, amy-I love the sunshine card-the bird house is sooo cute

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh MY, this is absolutely DARLING! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh, how cute is THAT??

Jody Morrow said...

That is SO gorgeous. WOWZERS!

Conniecrafter said...

so tweet :) Great use for the wood paper, your branch is so neat, I tried doing one myself and just didn't like it.