Thursday, May 27, 2010

One Touch of Nature



Greetings and Happy Thursday. Didn't mean to be gone for so long -- minor computer issues, all fixed now. I've missed my little blog, and I've missed you! Lots of new projects to share, starting tomorrow, but for today, I'm pulling one out of the archives. The stamps I used are from Wildflowers by Crafty Secrets/Clear Art Stamps. The papers are from an older Close to My Heart pack - Simple Pleasures, maybe? I painted the dragonfly and flowers with Shimmerz paint, and the piercing was done with an Ornare piercing template (now discontinued).

A couple of updates: First, I had a fantastic time with the Daisies at the big Girl Scout Encampment last Saturday. Second, Claudine Hellmuth's techniques class that I took on Sunday was soooooo cool! I learned a ton of more artsy type techniques that I hope to play around with in my art journal and maybe even incorporate into my cardmaking. During our lunch break, I also learned that in minor rear-end collisions, the coffee-drinking passenger fares far worse than the vehicle's rear bumper. (So sorry (again) Marti! She says I owe her a coffee. I think I might need to pick up a dry cleaning bill and maybe even then some!) I'm still trying to figure out where that brick wall came from!


19 comments:

LollyChops said...

I love the paper piercing on this card! I cannot wait to give this a try! I'll have to hunt around and see if I can find some of those templates you mentioned. I am sure someone out there is selling one!

...and lastly...
Claudine Hellmuth! I bet that was a fun class and a half!

Big HUGS!!!

dolcreations said...

Love the paper piecing on this card too! What a gorgeous card. I tell you...you give such attention to all the little details!

Ania - "Z Papieru Tworzone" said...

Beautiful...
I like thic color.
Hugs from Poland Ł=
Anna

Sarah said...

I missed you this week - I was hoping that nothing was wrong! Glad to hear that you had such a fun weekend learning tons of new techniques.

I love your card, you always use dies in such an imaginative way!

I posted a card on my blog today (http://somethingspecialcreations.blogspot.com)that was CASE from one of yours a couple of months ago. I made sure to give you all the credit and also a link to your blog as well!

Glad you're back!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous card Amy, love the colours and piercing!

Welcome back, I have missed your beauties ;)

Кудрявая said...

Very nice!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love this earthy beauty Amy!! Your sketch is fantastic, as is your papers and piecing!! A work of art!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous as always Amy!!
Hugs Viv xxx

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Very, very pretty! Like the brown tones with the white and the ribbon really softens the whole look!

Lisa said...

Beautiful card! Can I case it as long as I give you credit?

Gabriela said...

Oh Amy, I adore the leather like look of this card and tha "studded" brads. The ribbon is sensational and I love its effect. The piercing and gentle burnishing complete the card. It's truly incredibly beautiful. Congratulations!

Leigh OBrien said...

This is gorgeous, Amy. I just love the ribbon! YOU always WOW me. Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Lovely card! The deep rich browns are gorgeous and that layout is wonderful! The stitching and paper piercing are fabulous details ;D

Anonymous said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! This card is excellent! Chock full of classic Sheffer touches!! I honestly can't stop looking at everything you did, I love it!!

I'm sorry about your minor collision...I can speak from experience that brick walls, once or twice in our lives, seriously appear out of nowhere, so don't spend too much time trying to figure THAT one out!!! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Amy I get very few blogs directly to emai box, your blog is one of them. I apologize for not commenting as often as I should. I enjoy your blog so much. YOu are so incrediably talented. you have a magic touch when it comes to designing your cards. Your designs are fabulous! I love this card. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your amazing artistic skills with us.
Hugs from way down south in Alabama,

Pam L.

Anonymous said...

Amy I get very few blogs directly to emai box, your blog is one of them. I apologize for not commenting as often as I should. I enjoy your blog so much. YOu are so incrediably talented. you have a magic touch when it comes to designing your cards. Your designs are fabulous! I love this card. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your amazing artistic skills with us.
Hugs from way down south in Alabama,

Pam L.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Amy!!! This is absolutely stunning!!! Love the colours and all the detailing!!

Conniecrafter said...

So cool, love the colors and your painting of the dragonfly and flowers, great stitching and so like the row of brads, great touch!

nwilliams6 said...

Saw this on a thumbnail and loved it! Wow - this is so pretty. Still pretty after several years!!!