Friday, May 7, 2010

JustRite Week Day Five: Kaleidoscope



What a fun week it's been at Stamper's Dream! All week long the Dream Team has been showing projects using the newest JustRite stamps. If you haven't been following along, here are direct links to the week's posts.

Monday: Cammie, Leslie, Michelle
Tuesday: Cindy, Denise, Laurie, Michelle, and me
Wednesday: Cindy, Dawn, Denise, Michelle
Thursday: Dawn, Laurie, Leslie, and Tosh

And today, be sure to visit Laurie, Tosh, and Michelle for more inspiration.

For today's card, I've used Kaleidoscope, a set of six centers and six borders, all designed for the 2 3/8" round stamper. I love the quote on the border that I used: "Do One Thing Every Day That Makes You Happy" -- like stamping with these new JustRite sets! I stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, clear embossed, then colored parts of the images with a BG10 and a Y21 marker. The larger kaleidoscope medallion is topped with a black button and ivory burlap string and backed with a black Blossom Nestabilities mat. The black ruffled ribbon is from my stash (?), the punched border is done with the Martha Stewart Deco Shells border, the black pearls are Kaiser Craft, and the stitching in the top right corner was, well, a bad idea! {grin} All the patterned papers are from October Afternoon's Thrift Shop (love this collection!).

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Kaleidoscope (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Prismatics Black, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, October Afternoon Thrift Shop
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Accessories: Classic Circle Nestabilities, Buttons Galore black button, May Arts ivory burlap string, foam adhesive, Copic BG10 and Y21, clear embossing powder, Martha Stewart Deco Shells border punch, Kaiser Craft adhesive pearls, black ribbon (unknown), black thread, paper piercer, corner rounder
Size: 5 1/2" square

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, I think the stitching in the corner was a GREAT idea! Love this creative card, Amy. Great patterns and design!

Dawn Easton said...

I LOVE that stitching in the corner...interesting look!! Fabulous layout and great papers! I've looked at that yellow dp in my paper pad and wasn't sure how to use it...now I do...ha! TFS!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE how you used those stamps. This is great and i love the random corner stitching too!

Allison said...

Gorgeous colours and I love the stitching in the corner - makes me want to dig out my sewing machine for cards!

Amy Rohl said...

Gorgeous card, Amy, and I'm seriously having issues bc I LOVE that paper and I don't own it...yet!

Unknown said...

Lovely creation, Amy! Absolutely love how well you've matched the image to all the DP colors.. it's just beautiful!!

Gail said...

Love the colors and the new stitch!

Steph Ackerman said...

I love the double overlay.

Annika said...

You are amazing! No, really, this card is stunning, starting from perfect layout, papers, that cool corner stitching and finishing with lovely stamps you have used.
Thank you so much, your work is truly inspirational.
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Let me catch my breath! This is awesome!!! Love how you added color to the image after stamping. Fabulous, Amy!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, great layering, like the combo of papers and cool stitching!