Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CAS Viva La Verve



I couldn't wait to play along in this week's Viva La Verve challenge. I went clean and simple for this one (not my forte), and there is no designer paper here - shocking!

Here's the sketch:




And I used this inspiration photo:



On the Kraft background I created a watermark pattern using one of the stamps from Relax and some VersaMark ink. The sentiment is from One Person. I added a little dry embossing, ribbon, paper piercing, and a punched border for some added interest. The row of white dots just above the Soft Sky panel was done with one of the stamps from Verve's Bountiful Backgrounds.

All the challenge details are posted HERE. And remember, if you complete all of the Viva La Verve challenges in any given month, you can enter into a random drawing to win the next Verve release in full! Have fun!

Both Relax and One Person are available individually, or as part of the Beach Party Collection. Save $18 when you purchase the Beach Party Collection - now through May 16, while supplies last. The Beach Party collection includes five stamp sets and three Plain Janes for a total of 70 stamps!





Stamps: Relax, One Person, Bountiful Backgrounds (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Stampin' Up Kraft, Whisper White, and Soft Sky textured card stock
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMark, Papertrey Fresh Snow
Accessories: Stampin' Up Soft Sky ribbon, Spellbinders circle Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch, paper piercer, Papertrey button, May Arts ivory burlap string
Size: 3 1/4" wide x 6 1/2" tall

8 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Amy, I love it!!

Katie Cotton said...

this is stunning!!!

MicheyMoo said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Amy!! I love the colour combo you've used and it is so simple and elegant. Must really give the CAS thing a go. xxx

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning Amy, I love your card.

Anke

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful, Amy! I don't often create backgrounds anymore, so thank you for inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

oh, i love, love, love this!!
so soft & pretty. :)

Allison said...

So soft and pretty! Love it!

Jennifer said...

wow-soooo crisp like laundry on a clothes line!!!! I use inspiration pics too! Love it :)