Saturday, January 14, 2017

Designs to Die For


Welcome to Day 5 of Papertrey Ink's January release countdown! Today the team has two die collections to share with you: Cornered and Grand Botanicals


All of the new products will be available at 10 pm ET on January 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.



I chose to work with Cornered for today. The die set includes two of these corner triangles, each with a different sentiment. The dropped out text is such a great look, and the corner design is so unique and intriguing!

I decided to give the birthday sentiment a rainbow treatment simply by adhering colorful banners behind each row of text. The banner die I used is from the Tag Sale: Quilted. To adjust the length of the banners, I just snipped in the middle and strategically adhered so that the seams wouldn't show. Along the long side of the triangle, I also added jumbo sequins in rainbow colors to match the banners. The card could easily be finished at that point, but I thought it would be fun to add lengths of twine/floss behind the banners to extend those colors into the negative space.



Such a fun die and so many possibilities!

Dies: Cornered

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, and Smokey Shadow

Other: jumbo sequins, foam tape, twine and embroidery floss




Visit Nichole's blog for links to all the designers who are posting today. 

Thanks for stopping by!


16 comments:

Annheidel said...

Very cool design! The rainbow colors really pop against the gray background. I love the colorful stripes of words, banners, and twine!

Cindy H. said...

What a cool birthday card!

Skrater said...

I love this Amy! Isn't that quilted tag sale Die the best? What a great idea to make different size banners. You are so clever and a terrific designer.

irishgalkelly said...

What a fun birthday card!! I love the rainbow colors and the banners behind. Nice pop of color and this new die is amazing!!

Luvpurple said...

What a fun, fun, fun and colorful card. It just POPS and screams party! I hope you don't mind if I CASE your card!

Barbara said...

Love what you did banners, color, sequins, twine altogether fun! Totally going to have make this one!

Jen Carter said...

I LOVE this card! What a great design and I love all the colors you used together!

Nancy said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your creativity, the sequins & especially the twine/floss behind each banner to continue the color!

Lisa Lara said...

AWESOME Amy!

gardener said...

Amy, such a unique and fun use of this corner die. You nailed it!

Linda said...

Enabler!! You know I HAVE to get this die after seeing your card, right!? What a great project.

TamiBabs said...

Wow Amy - I love this card! If I was on the fence about these corner dies (which I'm not) this card would have pushed me over! It's fabulous!!

Unknown said...

Amy, you are one smart & crafty chick! I absolutely love the way you made this corner die-cut with the banners & twine! Really makes this card pop!
Hugs,
Sharon

Kathy Mc said...

Very cool design, Amy! Love your rainbow of colors on the Smokey Shadow background as they really pop.

nancy said...

Fabulous use of color, Amy. Isn't it great to go to your stash and pull out the perfect items to finish a card with pizazz?

M. Lenz said...

I adore your Happy Birthday die cut!! The card that you did with the banners really caught my attention... Definitely need to purchase this little gem!!!