Monday, August 15, 2016

Papertrey August Release in Review

It's Release Day at Papertrey Ink! All of the new goodies we've been sharing the past few days will be available tonight at 10pm ET. Do you have your wish list all ready to go?

I have lots left to share today, so let's jump right in ...


First up is a cute Halloween card that I made with Betsy Veldman's Dress Up Dolls: Halloween. I adore both the ghost and pumpkin costumes as well as the trick-or-treating extras. For today's card, I've used just the ghost costume by itself, no doll underneath, no feet or accessories or anything. I wanted the ghosts to have a floating look.


The background of my shaker window is stamped with Lexi Daly's Alphabet Soup (love this!). The frame pieces are all from the previously released Cover Plate: Pretty Frame die. 




Stamps: Dress Up Dolls: Halloween, Alphabet Soup

Dies: Dress Up Dolls: Halloween; Cover Plate: Pretty Frame; Jar Labels 2

Ink: True Black and Fresh Snow ink

Paper: Smokey Shadow, Orange Zest, Green Parakeet, and Stamper's Select White card stock

Other: True Black baker's twine, black enamel dot, sequins, acetate




I'm so excited Kay Miller is bringing her talent and style to product design for Papertrey! Her first two stamp sets are fabulous! I made this card with Spooky Smiles.



How cute are these images? I cut a panel of watercolor paper with the largest of the Double Ups: Rectangles dies and did some ink blending to set the scene.


All of the stamped images are colored with Copics. So sweet!


Stamps: Spooky Smiles

Dies: Spooky Smiles, Double Ups: Rectangles

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Aqua Mist, Blueberry Sky, Green Parakeet, New Leaf

Paper: watercolor paper, white card stock

Other: True Black baker's twine, Copic markers, foam tape




Kay's other set is Stylized Autumn. I love the clean, graphic look of the florals and leaves. And that fox?! So cute!

I inked blended the bottom right corner in Aqua Mist, then did some stamping over that. The two vertical white frames were cut with one of the Keep It Simple Frames dies. Then I began adding all the stamped die-cuts (leaves, flowers, and the sweet fox).


Cute flowers!


He's a handsome fella!


Stamps: Stylized Autumn

Dies: Stylized Autumn, Keep It Simple Frames

Ink: Americana, Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, Canyon Clay, Spring Moss

Paper: Stamper's Select White and Spring Moss card stock

Other: foam adhesive, ink blending tool and foam





This next card is a little more funky and modern than my norm! Alphabet Soup by Lexi Daly is in the background. The sentiment and leaves are all from Maile Belle's Fancy Foliage and Fancy Foliage Details. I love these leaves SO much. I'm just going to tell you right now, expect to see these often! 



The Luxe Gold Adhesive sheet leaves add so much to this card design, but unfortunately don't photograph so well. In real life, there's a nice contrast between the gold foil and the Limeade Ice stamped leaves behind.



I'm thinking teen girl for a recipient. What do you think?


Stamps: Fancy Foliage, Alphabet Soup

Dies: Fancy Foliage, Fancy Foliage Details, Tremendous Tags

Ink: Soft Stone, Raspberry Fizz, Limeade Ice

Paper: Stamper's Select White, Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow card stock; Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheets

Other: white linen thread, foam tape




These pretty teacups are from Betsy Veldman's What the Doodle: Tea Time and this sentiment is from Dawn McVey's New Every Morning.



I white embossed the detail image on the detail die-cut and then did some ink blending in warm fall colors -- Ocean Tides, Americana, and Saffron Spice. The leaves are from Stylized Autumn.




Stamps: What the Doodle: Tea Time, New Every Morning, Stylized Autumn

Dies: What the Doodle: Tea Time, Stylized Autumn

Ink: Ocean Tides, Americana, Saffron Spice, Aqua Mist, Stormy Sea, Ripe Avocado

Paper: watercolor paper; Stamper's Select White card stock

Other: white embossing powder, ink blending tool and foam, foam tape



For more August release inspiration, visit the Papertrey team:


12 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards, Amy! I especially love that little fox!

Nancy Penir said...

Way to showcase some fabulous stamps! Your projects today are truly amazing! Details make the card, and yours are wonders! Love every one!

Nancy said...

Lovely cards!

Lisaerica said...

Amy, you were a busy bee! Such cute cards and I love the color combos. My fav is the one marked for a teenage recipient. The white embossing almost looks like it was stitched not powder. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Diana K said...

Over the top, Amy. Cuteness and sweetness everywhere. You've had an amazing release!

Sandy M said...

Bats & cats and even foxes. So cute. Love the shaker card too.

Kay Miller said...

Amy all of your projects are out of this world! I absolutely love what you did with my two sets! Thank you so much for making them shine! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

All fabulous projects Amy, they always are. I love seeing PTI through your eyes!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

STUPENDOUS AND GORGEOUS ART as usual!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kari D said...

Just love these! I am having a HUGELY tough time trying to decide what to NOT buy this month! I just love it all....and your cards are not helping. You have me convinced I DO need all of the stamps and dies. Your cards have such great details. I learn so much looking at your posts! Thanks for the inspiration, you enabler you!

Skrater said...

Oh wow,these are so lovely!!

Shirley said...

Cute and lovely cards, love the all!