Friday, August 26, 2016

Jam Packed With Love - August SFYTT



Reverse Confetti's August Sketch For You To Try is winding down. If you haven't yet played along, we'd love to see your take on the sketch! The deadline to enter is noon CST August 29. 

Here's our August sketch:


And here's my take ...


Until a few days ago, I hadn't purchased any new patterned paper pads in months. I was feeling very overdue, so I ordered a few, and tucked into Life is Beautiful by Fancy Pants for today's card. It was nice just to put some pretty papers together according to the sketch, and just let that patterned paper magic do its thing. 

With the plaids and florals and gingham and woodgrain in this particular collection, I thought Reverse Confetti's new In A Jam stamp set and Jam Jar Confetti Cuts would be perfect. I just love the whole homespun feel!


Before long, I found myself sanding and distressing the heck out of everything. It's been so long since I distressed something that I actually forgot where my distressing tool was. I was on the hunt, digging through drawers and tool caddies and cabinets, and all the while it was hanging on the same hook above the desk that it's been on for years! 

I added some actual stitching to go along with the whole look and feel....



... as well as some die-cut stitching detail using one of the Edge Essentials Confetti Cuts ...


... although it does get a bit lost in the whole distressing madness. 

It was so fun to re-visit old favorite techniques for today's card!



Stamps: In A Jam

Confetti Cuts Dies: Jam Jar, Edge Essentials

Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy and Fresh Snow

Paper: Kraft and white card stock, Fancy Pants Life is Beautiful 6x6 paper collection

Other: ink blending tool, paper piercer/needle/thread, natural jute string, distressing tool




Thanks so much for visiting! For more sketch inspiration, visit the Reverse Confetti blog.


2 comments:

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

a great use of papers for this pretty card!

Nora Noll said...

Oh the layering of those patterned papers is spectacular on this card!! I LOVE how you used the jar for this sketch too!! Amazing design!