Saturday, February 6, 2010

SFYTT is Back With A Huge Prize Package!

After taking the month of January off, Jen del Muro and the rest of the Sketch For You To Try girls (Amy Rohl, Kelly Lunceford, Leigh O'Brien, and Susan Liles) are back! I'm so excited, as these Saturday sketches have been a sort of anchor to my stamping week. Jen has drawn up some fabulous new sketches for this month and reformatted the SFYTT a bit. A gigantic welcome back prize package is up for grabs, too! Check this out:



Worth playing for?? You bet! Here's everything you need to know:

1. A new sketch will be posted at i{heart}2stamp.com each Saturday in February
2. There will be a Slide Guest Book that you can post your creation(s) to at the end of each of those posts.
3. You will have until March 2nd to post your creations to the corresponding sketch. Be sure that each of your creations is posted to the correct Slide Guest Book.
4. You can enter as many times as you like, but must upload each creation separately. All entries should be posted to your blog or online gallery, as well. Please use the keyword "SFYTT" for all online galleries.
5. All participants will be considered for next month's Designer of the Month, as well <---that's cool!
6. A RANDOM participant will win the prize package and will be announced on March 3rd. Winner will have five days to contact Jen via email to claim prize.
7. The March Designer of the Month will be chosen and contacted March 3rd, but will not be announced until the first Saturday of March.



Here's this week's sketch:



Some beautiful inspiration from the SFYTT Sisters to get you started:
Jen del Muro with Designer of the Month Mona Pendleton
Amy Rohl
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Susan Liles

And my sample:



For several months, I've been admiring the tissue paper flowers that Daniela Dobson makes for her projects. The circles on today's SFYTT were practically screaming for me to give one a try. Daniela has a great tutorial on these HERE. I used the Dahlia Nestabilities to die-cut my pieces -- worked like a charm! On the perimeter of the two smaller circles flanking the big flower, I created a decorative ivory ring using one of the border images from JustRite's Just A Note. The papers are all from the For Him Ooh La La kit by My Mind's Eye.



On the inside, I repeated the floral motif, creating a flower base with the Dahlia Nestabilities and a center stamped with both a border and center from JustRite's Just A Note. The two small flowers are paper die-cuts that are included in the MME paper kit.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you'll give this awesome sketch a try - can't wait to see!!




Stamps: Just A Note (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream and Aqua Mist, For Him Ooh La La kit by My Mind's Eye , ivory tissue paper
Ink: Stampin' Up Always Artichoke and More Mustard, Ranger Antique Linen Distress
Accessories: Spellbinders Dahlia, classic circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities, Making Memories butons, Stampin' Up leaf die, Zva bling, lace, Papertrey ribbon, sewing machine

20 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! What a gorgeous creation! You have such a fabulous eye for design. I LOVE the way you used that Spellbinders Dahlia!!! And the colors are simply awesome!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my, that layered up flower is GORGEOUS!

Oliwiaen said...

A great sketch and a wonderful card of yours! The colours, the flower, the lace - I love everything about it!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wowzers, girl! This is GORGEOUS! You really made that sketch look amazing!

Amy Rohl said...

You brought back SFYTT with a big bang, Amy! Inside and out, this is Amy-gorgeous-ness...all of the details are absolutely stunning!!!

So nice to be back with you girls!

Lea L. said...

Really beautiful card!! I love it!

♥Lea

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Amy! That floral piece is STUNNING! You rocked this card girl!!

Jody Morrow said...

WOWZERS! That is so elegant and beautiful!

Eva said...

WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so love your gorgeous design and those papers are so very yummy, I love their color palette...Your flower is gorgeous and the inside of you card is Beautiful as well! I need to start finishing the inside of my cards, too...Thanks for stopping by my blog...it was a treat!! :) Hugs, Eva

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ummmmm....you KNOW my jaw is on the FLOOR right now, right??? HOLY COW Amy this is absolutely one of my all time faves from you and that's SAYIN something!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Allison said...

So beautiful and elegant. I love the colours.

Elaine said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

Legacy Crafter said...

Nice card! Love your site.
Legacy Crafter

Legacy Crafter said...

Nice card! Love your site.
Legacy Crafter

Leigh OBrien said...

Amy! This is unbelievably gorgeous, as always. I am in awe of your stamping genius!

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is positively scrumptious! I love that flower...may have to give that one a try! Great papers and delicious details! Love, love, love it!

Angel said...

OOohh! I was looking for sketches on saturday too. Wish I would have seen that Jen brought back hers. I do want to do this challenge. winning some stamps would make my day. I have not been buying so I am getting "newstuffitus". :-)

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, neat colors, never would have thought of putting them together, love your ring border, and gorgeous flower!

Marimer said...

Gracias por el tutorial que recomiendas, siempre es una clase particular. Estas flores añadidas a tus trabajos que ya de por si son supeer creativos, quedan maravillosas.
Me alegro de volver a visitarte despues de un mes.ahora tengo que ver todo los trabajos que has hecho, seguro seguire asombrándome. Bss.

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, stunning work!! Love your flower!!!! Thanks so much for linking the tutorial!