Friday, February 19, 2010

Thinking of You


My stamping time has been almost non-existent these past few days, which you *know* is making me grumpy {grin}. I did find this card that I made a few weeks ago for Verve's latest release, but forgot to post here. A no-designer-paper card is a rarity for me these days. Too bad, huh? I'd forgotten how much fun it is to stamp your own! The gorgeous medallion images in Verve's Accent Notes are perfect to combine and arrange into different patterns. I went with a soft, pastel color combo using Stampin' Up's Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue, and Apricot Appeal, stamped onto Papertrey's Vintage Cream. The glittery frame in the center is a Framed Fonts Glimmer Chip by Tattered Angels. I smooshed Papertrey's Spring Moss ink onto it, then added the clear glitter coating using heat-and-stick powder. In the center of the chipboard frame is the "thinking of you" sentiment, which is also from Accent Notes. The edges of all the panels are inked with Ranger's Antique Linen Distress ink for a bit of an aged look. I embellished with punched borders, stitching, and buttons.

Also wanted to let you know that I've posted a link to all the Skipping Stones Design Hope for Haiti E-Bay auctions over on the right sidebar of my blog. Remember, 100% of the proceeds from these sales goes directly to the Red Cross to help with Haitian Relief efforts.

I'm so glad you stopped by today - thanks!





Stamps: Accent Notes (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream card stock, Stampin' Up Bashful Blue and Apricot Appeal card stock
Ink: Papertrey Spring Moss, Stampin' Up Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, and Always Artichoke
Accessories: Making Memories button, Tattered Angels glimmer chipboard frame, ultrafine clear glitter, Fiskars A-Fleur border punch, sewing machine, paper piercer, Swarovski crystals, Stampin' Up taffeta ribbon and oval punch, May arts burlap string

8 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

You've created really beautiful stamped paper Amy! Wow it's so fresh looking. Love that frame too!

Niki Estes said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Amy!

Danni said...

This is gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Amy, I love the colors you chose! Very pretty!

Barb

Marimer said...

Sois muy generosas con Haiti, te felicito. Dios te dara con creces lo que haces.
Como siempre tus trabajos, que los adoro, son preciosos.
Que tengas un feliz fin de semana.
Bss

Meahni Pieterse said...

Just amazing how you get so much detail, done so well, on your cards!

Danisha said...

Such a pretty card! Love what you do!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Another gorgeous card. I just love the colors you put together--bright and cheery. Thanks for sharing! I love the inspiration. Your work is beautiful!