Saturday, February 13, 2010

Get Well Soon Blog Hop



Michelle Rodgers of Stamper's Dream just had some surgery, so the Dream Team is getting together today with a surprise blog hop to wish Michelle a speedy recovery. Surprise, Michelle! Get well soon!!

My Dream Teammates are a wildly talented bunch, so hop on over to see what they've all done for Michelle today. You'll see two new faces on the team - welcome, Cindy Lawrence and Dawn Easton!

Tosha
Cammie
Denise
Cindy
Silke
Amy -- (you're here)
Laurie
Becca
Dawn

Visit Michelle at her blog if you'd like to leave some well wishes, too!

Today's card is also my sample for Jen's Sketch For You To Try for this week. Have a look:



I'll confess I had major trouble getting this sketch to come together. I don't know why?? It *looks* innocent enough. I had just given up on my third attempt and was scooping up all the scraps, when today's card more or less fell in place on the scrap pile.

The "You Make Me Smile" sentiment and decorative border on the card front are both from JustRite's Seeds of Kindness set. The patterned papers are all from Basic Grey's Origins 6x6 paper pad. I included my "Get Well Soon" sentiment on the inside, which is from Just Rite's Just A Note set.



Be sure to check out what the other SFYTT sisters have put together for sketch inspiration this week:

Jen del Muro, with guest designer Mona Pendleton
Amy Rohl
Kelly Lunceford
Leigh O'Brien
Susan Liles

To play along, upload your creations to the sketch slideshow at the bottom of Jen's post today. Use keyword SFYTT in the online galleries.

Have a great weekend, friends.




Stamps: Seeds of Kindness, Just A Note (JustRite Stamps)
Paper: Basic Grey Origins 6x6 Pad, Stampin' Up Basic Black and Whisper White
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Spellbinders classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities, Offray ribbon, May Arts olive burlap string, CTMH flowers, Swarovski clear crystals, Cuttlebug 2"x6" "Ornamental" die (corner treatment), EK Success scalloped border punch, Stampin' Up spiral punch, edge distressing tool
Size: 6" square

33 comments:

Amber Hight said...

Wow, Amy! Every time I stop in at your blog I leave with my jaw dragging behind me on the floor, lol! This is outrageously gorgeous! I love the stark black with the Origins papers, simply amazing!

Carol L said...

This is simply fantastic!! The black color perfectly showcases the great DSP and sentiment panel and every detail is just amazing, inside and out!! Beautifully done!

Becky said...

This is stunning.. Love how you did this in black

Gabriela said...

Amy - Michelle is sure to smile when sees the Just Rite products so keenly at work on your wonderful Get Well card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - your card is so striking!!! Love these colors and the black card base!!! Awesome take on the Sketch GF!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Emily said...

This is so striking and powerful with the black. Makes all you additional elements and embellies really stand out!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Amy! I LOVE it! I'm so glad you didn't send this to the trash pile, it would have been a shame!! It's gorgeous! I don't work well with black but LOVE the look! It's stunning! Every detail is perfect!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Absolutely STUNNING, gf! Love the striking color combo! You've worked magic with this sketch! :)

Carolyn King said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous. LOVE the contrast of the sentiment against the black. Love it and Michelle will too!

Cherie said...

Simply stunning! Love the beautiful color combination. Michelle will love your card!

jjcreations said...

WOW - this is stunning. The yellow pops so beautifully on the black. Gorgeous, gorgeous.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Mmmm, mmm, mmm!! Black!! How cool is that base!?!?! This card is just stunning Amy!! Love the papers and how you used the sketch. The JustRite medallion just pops!! GORGEOUS!!

Becca Feeken said...

Beautiful sketch Amy! I love all the layers and details and the black sets it all off perfectly. Great card, and I know that Michelle will just love it!
--Hugs Becca

Kathy Jones said...

What a striking card!!! Love all the elements and awesome colours!!! So sorry to hear about Michelle - I hope it is nothing serious and that she heals quickly!!

Barbara said...

That black background makes ALL of the rest of the card just POP, Amy!! Just stunning!

Denise Marzec said...

Wowwwww, so striking with all that black!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is SO gorgeous, Amy! I love the fact that it looks so soft and vintage but yet really pops on that black-BEAUTIFUL!

JPScraps said...

Beautiful card!

MaryR said...

This is just an amazing, stunning card! wow - I just love it

Anonymous said...

The card you made is very chic. I hope that your card, the blog hop and everyones thoughts, help in Michelle's recovery. I hope she gets well soon.

marcelle schauer said...

Amy I follow you every day you post and I just love your work. I don't think I have seen yoiu have a bad"card" day at all. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us. This card is no exception, the black is so elegant.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous work, Amy. Love the contrast of the colours on the black. Great sample :D

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

I absolutely love the black-on-black elements of this card. It is just beautiful!

chloebernice at gmail dot com

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Amy this is so classy and just down right gorgeous. Love that BG paper and you use it so well. Love your card!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Wow....This is gorgeous.....I will have to case this one for sure.....I cant say enough...I truly love it....

Mona Pendleton said...

Amy, your card is very pretty & for such a sweet cause! I will keep your friend in my thoughts & prayers.

Desire Fourie said...

Loving this. Beautiful colours and great designs.
Hugs
Desire

Unknown said...

It's been too long since my last visit Amy, please forgive me. Just look at all the fabulous cards I've missed!! This one is exceptional. It's a classic.
Hugs Viv xx

Liz Weber said...

Hi Amy, I just had to say how gorgeous your card is - I so love this range of papers and your card shows the paper off just so devinely, thanks for the inspiration!

Kelly Lunceford said...

I love, love, love the striking colors on this! Great job! Your work is always amazing!

Amy Rohl said...

Oh, I just don't know where to start, Amy--this is a stunner! Love the black and all of the ornamental details...so much to drool over!

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, these are just awesome!!! I love how you used Origins, so creative.

Anonymous said...

hello, neat web page
the simple way to write blog posts which smash in all:
http://tinyurl.com/yj5cpbu